Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Well to encourage no hard feelings on both sides, Mays did apologize to Schaub and Schaub told him no hard feelings.

Except maybe a raging head ache.

It wasn't legal - certainly not by today's standards.

Given his fine last week, I'd be shocked if he didn't wind up sitting a game or two because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    His helmet flew off because he moves towards Mays first, then when Mays hit him the sudden change of direction jarred his helmet off. Schaubs helmet also came halfway off the play before so it's possible that it wasn't strapped tight or correctly.

I don't see the helmets hit. I don't see them hit in the gif and I didn't see it in high def in slow motion.

This is what ls wrong with the NFL now days. If someone gets the bejesus knocked out of them, the refs throw a flag. Just because he got annihilated doesn't mean it was illegal...
    Same with pass interference, looking at a guy wrong draws a flag.

Didn't see anything wrong with it last night, and after a long sleep I still don't see anything wrong with it, to be quite honest.
    2014 Adopt-a-Bronco: #90 John Youboty

Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Maybe it's early and I'm tired, but I just do not see the Mays launching himself piece. Not once did his feet leave the ground. And this whole torn ear thing, that's a result of his stupid ear pads ripping past his ears. That's why he grabbed both ears. If anyone has played the game and had this happen to them, it hurts like a SOB. The bottom of his ear is torn is because his ear pads ran over his ears going upward. Was it a violent hit, yes but seriously is this the NFL. Will Mays get fined, yep because god forbid the NFL allows big hits. Just like the Reed hit last night. He will get fined as well and it was just a really nasty hit. 10 years ago the NFL loved those hits.

Hit was beyond evil, you don't want a hit like that on manning....that was helmet to helmet. With replacement refs....players are going to get away with a lot.
    Let hits like that play out this year...manning won't lat long...no quarterback will.

Quote Originally Posted by VADER72 View Post
    Maybe it's early and I'm tired, but I just do not see the Mays launching himself piece. Not once did his feet leave the ground. And this whole torn ear thing, that's a result of his stupid ear pads ripping past his ears. That's why he grabbed both ears. If anyone has played the game and had this happen to them, it hurts like a SOB. The bottom of his ear is torn is because his ear pads ran over his ears going upward. Was it a violent hit, yes but seriously is this the NFL. Will Mays get fined, yep because god forbid the NFL allows big hits. Just like the Reed hit last night. He will get fined as well and it was just a really nasty hit. 10 years ago the NFL loved those hits.
    Do you love that same hit if it happens to manning next game....it's not the hit, it's where he hit. He was going for the head. He wasn't going for the jersey numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Cinematicfusion View Post
    Hit was beyond evil, you don't want a hit like that on manning....that was helmet to helmet. With replacement refs....players are going to get away with a lot.
    Let hits like that play out this year...manning won't lat long...no quarterback will.
    That hit was definately illegal, and yes, Manning may be out of a career if someone like Watt had hit him like that. That was the second hit in a row that was illegal, the first was a spearing hit in the chest on the way down and late. You are not New Orleans, but that sure looked like bounty hits to me.......

Quote Originally Posted by Texandan View Post
    That hit was definately illegal, and yes, Manning may be out of a career if someone like Watt had hit him like that. That was the second hit in a row that was illegal, the first was a spearing hit in the chest on the way down and late. You are not New Orleans, but that sure looked like bounty hits to me.......
    Maybe you should go watch touch football. What has happened to this game to where you cannot make a sound tackle without a flag being thrown. The flag on Von was crap and should have not been thrown. He hit the QB at the same time he was releasing the ball and you are taught to use your shoulder and grab the legs. Can't hit them high, can't hit them low, welcome to the new (NFL) National Fairy League.

Had Mays hit Shaub right in the numbers it would have been the same call that was made on Von the play before.

Samparnell - Adopted Coach & Mentor
    2014 Adopted Bronco - DeMarcus Ware

I dont care. This is our field. If you QB's want to risk yourself to get a throw off at the last second -you are going to pay a price. Well worth the 15 yards. Not sure if the fine will change my mind but it could

Protect yourself at all times
    WTB Field Goals

great hard hit...

• 8+ years ago everyone is considering him a fearless LB in the mold of a Singletary type. Nowhere near as good, mind you.

• 4-7 years ago it would have been an iffy call for roughing the passer.

• 3 years to the present definitely roughing the passer whether we like it or not.

When I see plays like this I do not see a malicious intent. Shoulder makes contact first and well, regardless of my opinion, it is what the NFL is now. Tough on players, tough on fans. Keep hitting hard and try to be smart about it.

Go Broncos.

The rules are there because Goodell is a retard - Schaub didn't need that part of his ear lobe anyhow
    WTB Field Goals

IMO, it was a good hard hit. No helmet-to-helmet there at all. Worst damage caused by Schaub's helmet flying up and tearing his ear off, lol

But by today's rules, who the heck knows. He'll probably get a game + a fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Texandan View Post
    Welcome to the boards!

Von Miller hardly did ANYTHING wrong. The rookie refs called roughing the passer, I saw a guy finishing a clean tackle.

It was an extremely hard play. Go to the video from the first page and stop it at ~8 seconds and slow mo it from there. At about ~11 seconds you can see Mays helmet DIRECTLY hitting Schaub's chest.

I am 100% positive that the penalty was for the helmet coming off, and ultimately what he will get fined for