Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline

Trade Deadline

As of this year, the Trade Deadline has been moved from the Tuesday after week 6, to now week 8, and our Bye week couldn't have came at a better time considering the fact that we get atleast one week (this week, week 7) to evaluate our roster and see what possible upgrades we can make. What changes, if any, would you like to see the Broncos make by the deadline.

Me personally, i'd trade Knowshon to the Detroit Lions for DT Sammie Hill. It's no secret around here that i've been a huge fan of Hill and I believe he can be a starting NT for us that actually provides some pass rush ability. Hill will be a UFA when the season is over, but i'd like to get him here now and work out an extension instead of letting him hit the market.

Financially, Hill shouldn't cost much, but we don't want to get into a bidding war when our main focus will/should be on re-signing Clady.

That works..

I suggested Moreno for James Jones in the preseason, oh well.

Won't happen, let's trade for Reggie Wayne lol.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by JayJack View Post
    As of this year, the Trade Deadline has been moved from the Tuesday after week 6, to now week 8, and our Bye week couldn't have came at a better time considering the fact that we get atleast one week (this week, week 7) to evaluate our roster and see what possible upgrades we can make. What changes, if any, would you like to see the Broncos make by the deadline.

Me personally, i'd trade Knowshon to the Detroit Lions for DT Sammie Hill. It's no secret around here that i've been a huge fan of Hill and I believe he can be a starting NT for us that actually provides some pass rush ability. Hill will be a UFA when the season is over, but i'd like to get him here now and work out an extension instead of letting him hit the market.

Financially, Hill shouldn't cost much, but we don't want to get into a bidding war when our main focus will/should be on re-signing Clady.
    I'd doubt the lions would be willing to trade SLH, he is playing very well for them, and you'd have to think they believe they have a shot, and knowshon wouldn't really help them as much as SLH. However, I'd do it in a heartbeat
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I'd doubt the lions would be willing to trade SLH, he is playing very well for them, and you'd have to think they believe they have a shot, and knowshon wouldn't really help them as much as SLH. However, I'd do it in a heartbeat
    I agree. We'd probably have to offer them a 5th rd pick along with Moreno to make this trade happen.

I agree. We'd probably have to offer them a 5th rd pick along with Moreno to make this trade happen.
    the best chance is to wait for FA, he will want starter money and Det can't really afford it with Avril being a FA.
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care

the best chance is to wait for FA, he will want starter money and Det can't really afford it with Avril being a FA.
    Corey Williams becomes a FA and he will be let go, that is $5 mill in cap space freed up. They are happy with the rotation of Hill and Fairley so chances are he would only leave if he believes he can be a starter

Here's the problem with that, where are we with Clady? Clady turned down the current offer 5yr $50mil, and i've read a couple of reports that stated Clady wants to be paid like LT Joe Thomas (8yr $92mil - $44 Guaranteed). IMO, we missed out on signing a couple of player waiting on Manning, we very well could miss out on more players waiting on Clady, unless we just agree to put the F-Tag on him early and move on from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Corey Williams becomes a FA and he will be let go, that is $5 mill in cap space freed up. They are happy with the rotation of Hill and Fairley so chances are he would only leave if he believes he can be a starter
    If it was me, Hill would be the starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed Vickerson.

Here's the problem with that, where are we with Clady? Clady turned down the current offer 5yr $50mil, and i've read a couple of reports that stated Clady wants to be paid like LT Joe Thomas (8yr $92mil - $44 Guaranteed). IMO, we missed out on signing a couple of player waiting on Manning, we very well could miss out on more players waiting on Clady, unless we just agree to put the F-Tag on him early and move on from there.
    Clady will be franchised. He's playing too well right now not to be.

As for Knowshon for Hill, keep dreaming there's no way Detroit would even consider that. If the Broncos could get a 6th for Knowshon (or even a 7th) I might consider myself lucky and take it. I mean let's remember that Brandon Lloyd last year only netted a conditional 5th round pick. Do you really expect to get much, if anything, for Knowshon?

Quote Originally Posted by primetime714 View Post
    Clady will be franchised. He's playing too well right now not to be.

As for Knowshon for Hill, keep dreaming there's no way Detroit would even consider that. If the Broncos could get a 6th for Knowshon (or even a 7th) I might consider myself lucky and take it. I mean let's remember that Brandon Lloyd last year only netted a conditional 5th round pick. Do you really expect to get much, if anything, for Knowshon?
    Honestly, this is a trade that i've had in mind for a while, especially with the state of the Lions RB situation. Knowshon would be really good in an offense like the Lions and Packers, and Hill is apart of a deep DT rotation. I've admitted in the post above that we'd probably have to give a 5th rd pick also to get the deal done.

They turned off talks with Clady after TC, and i would imagine we tag him with how well he's playing right now if we can't get a deal done.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    Thats money that will go to Avril, the Lions were 1 of the 3 teams that had to get under the cap this year. They will have to let some talent go an with Suh and their 1st rounder Fairley, you'd think DE is a more pressing need.

If it was me, Hill would be the starter, but I wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed Vickerson.
    We should Vick has played well, but everyone else(aside from Wolfe) has been bad. We should move on and sign 2 more. However, I think we sign 1 other DT and move on with Wolfe, Vick, and Jackson.

I would trade Knowshon for Durant. I like Durant better than WW and Mays/Brooking. Durant can play all 3 LB spots as well.
    Jacksonville Jaguars Broncomania GM:

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    I would trade Knowshon for Durant. I like Durant better than WW and Mays/Brooking. Durant can play all 3 LB spots as well.
    Correct me if i'm wrong but hasn't Durant suffered a few concussions since he's been with the Lions?

I'd love to trade for RB LeGarette Blount if he wasn't such a hot head.