Page 1 of 36 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Arrow

Arrow

Anyone else watching this? I know DJBirdman does we've talked about it but I wonder if anyone else out there has started watching. It's a very very good show. I almost didn't watch it because I though "oh it's gonna be like smallville and while smallville ended well it was torture for several seasons." But this one so far is nothing like smallville, I'd actually say it's closer to the Nolan Batman movies. Dark, gritty not afraid to kill 10 people to get to the one target of the week and the character development/story so far also seems a lot better than other Superhero Tv shows I've watched in the past.

As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan. I like how WB is doing something outside of just Batman and Superman because Green Arrow is an awesome hero. It's only a matter of time before there's a movie.

I would say the only thing I don't like about the show is that it doesn't show the tech side of Oliver Queen. Where are the iconic boxing glove arrows, exploding arrows, net arrows, electric, etc? He's only using lethal arrows which is a bit underwhelming.

Oliver is known to be as resourceful as Bruce Wayne, ashame we don't really see it in Arrow. I do like how they throw in other DC villains like Deathstroke and Deadshot. That's been pretty cool to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Amari24 View Post
    As you can tell from my avatar, I'm a fan. I like how WB is doing something outside of just Batman and Superman because Green Arrow is an awesome hero. It's only a matter of time before there's a movie.

I would say the only thing I don't like about the show is that it doesn't show the tech side of Oliver Queen. Where are the iconic boxing glove arrows, exploding arrows, net arrows, electric, etc? He's only using lethal arrows which is a bit underwhelming.

Oliver is known to be as resourceful as Bruce Wayne, ashame we don't really see it in Arrow. I do like how they throw in other DC villains like Deathstroke and Deadshot. That's been pretty cool to see.
    I think deathstroke was comfirmed... not sure

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Yeah I enjoy this show, but have to watch it on Hulu so it is a thursday night show for this guy. I sorta agree with Amari in I wish they would expand his arrow selection more. I know the boxing glove is iconic, but I also see where something like that wouldn't really fit in with the feel of the show as much. But even if the selection was more varied and even things like (hate to say it) but Hawkeye from the avengers. But for the most part I like the dark side of it.

O also have got to say that his hand to hand looks very stiff and sorta really fake lol. That might be me, but just seems slow and stiff and not very natural. And another thing is I feel bad because things like this where he would clearly be out matched in modern times looks funny. Can't believe how many people there are that can't shoot a gun without missing by like 10 feet lol.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Been watching this since day 1 and I love it. I too thought it would just be a cheesy spinoff from Smallville. The first thing they got correct was changing the actor. I hated Green Arrow on Smallville.

Anyone else think they re used Lex Luthors mansion as Oliver Queens mansion though? Lame.

But yeah I was a die hard Smallville fan but was dying for it to end by the 10th season. So far Arrow has been much better. But that's because I'm new to learning the background behind Arrow.

And Smallville was great for the first 5 seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Been watching this since day 1 and I love it. I too thought it would just be a cheesy spinoff from Smallville. The first thing they got correct was changing the actor. I hated Green Arrow on Smallville.

Anyone else think they re used Lex Luthors mansion as Oliver Queens mansion though? Lame.

But yeah I was a die hard Smallville fan but was dying for it to end by the 10th season. So far Arrow has been much better. But that's because I'm new to learning the background behind Arrow.

And Smallville was great for the first 5 seasons.
    Yes it is the same mansion. In fact several smallville sets are being reused to save on costs.

Smallville sucked the first 5 seasons...all that baddie of the week and Lana/Clark love drama crap...gag me! The last couple of seasons were starting to get good but the beginning was horrible. Bad enough that I almost didn't watch arrow because of it.

Still a good show but it's starting to just be an average show to me.

I think the problem is the main actor is a joke. He is horrible compared to Tom Welling.

He'll I'm not even sure that who ever the guy was that played green arrow on Smallville wasn't a better actor.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Still a good show but it's starting to just be an average show to me.

I think the problem is the main actor is a joke. He is horrible compared to Tom Welling.

He'll I'm not even sure that who ever the guy was that played green arrow on Smallville wasn't a better actor.
    I always liked Justin Hartley. I liked his job as green arrow on Smallville

So I felt a little down with the new episode. I guess with how it left off before the break was great and then it felt like they came out a little flat and more of a filler episode which made me sad lol. I don't think it was bad but a combination of the break and how the other epsidoe just put this one it a bad spot.

But still a fan of the show, and will still watch it lol.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Yea I think they just came back weak, that happens with shows sometimes. Considering what's coming up with deathstroke I think it will pick back up pace again in a week or two.

The only problem I have with the main character is that he looks like these three

Got together and made a pretty boy love child. I like his acting I don't think it's that bad but I dunno...I just liked the guy from smallville.

I completely understand why they couldn't use him because if they did then all the fans would assume it's a continuation of smallville, they'd be expecting chloe and clark to show up and it really wouldn't work. They had to have someone new so they could truely start fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    The only problem I have with the main character is that he looks like these three

Got together and made a pretty boy love child. I like his acting I don't think it's that bad but I dunno...I just liked the guy from smallville.

I completely understand why they couldn't use him because if they did then all the fans would assume it's a continuation of smallville, they'd be expecting chloe and clark to show up and it really wouldn't work. They had to have someone new so they could truely start fresh.
    Yeah and I like the darkness of this versus what would happen if they went with smallville's version. I don't think he is a great actor, but he isn't completly terrible. But yeah hopefully it picks up soon.

The Point by Harry Nilsson featuring "Me and My Arrow"
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I enjoy the show thoroughly

Loving this show !!!

I think the main actor is good enough and Laurel is super hot

Also cant wait to see a fight between Oliver and Deathstroke, he just looked so bad ass in every sceen he was in.

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.