Page 35 of 35 FirstFirst ... 25 33 34 35
Results 511 to 521 of 521

Thread: Arrow

  1. #511
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Thought the episode was pretty solid all around but kind of getting tired of the over used antics of pretending Ollie is going to stop being the Arrow.

    They've done that 3-4 times over the course of the show now. And they always go 2-3 episodes before he takes back over. And with only 5-6 episodes left it seems a little pointless. Even though it will be nice to see the rest of the team shine a little.

  2. #512
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,045
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Thought the episode was pretty solid all around but kind of getting tired of the over used antics of pretending Ollie is going to stop being the Arrow.

    They've done that 3-4 times over the course of the show now. And they always go 2-3 episodes before he takes back over. And with only 5-6 episodes left it seems a little pointless. Even though it will be nice to see the rest of the team shine a little.
    I don't know...After the last season finale I looked and sounded like Ollie there... Finished watching the episode, bruised and bloody and said "I don't want to do this anymore"

    Somehow I'm still here. It was a good episode overall and honestly, Ollie not wanting to be the Arrow anymore makes a lot of sense in this situation. It's a hard realization that you are a killer and you actually enjoy doing the killing rather than it being something that is part of the job. After all he's been through this season, I think I too would be ready to walk away.


  3. #513
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I don't know...After the last season finale I looked and sounded like Ollie there... Finished watching the episode, bruised and bloody and said "I don't want to do this anymore"

    Somehow I'm still here. It was a good episode overall and honestly, Ollie not wanting to be the Arrow anymore makes a lot of sense in this situation. It's a hard realization that you are a killer and you actually enjoy doing the killing rather than it being something that is part of the job. After all he's been through this season, I think I too would be ready to walk away.
    Well ok yeah I agree with that sentiment for this case. I guess my point is valid or not they have done it a lot over the course of this show.

    Maybe I forgot but I don't recall a time where Barry has said I want to stop using my speed to save people.

  4. #514
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,045
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Well ok yeah I agree with that sentiment for this case. I guess my point is valid or not they have done it a lot over the course of this show.

    Maybe I forgot but I don't recall a time where Barry has said I want to stop using my speed to save people.
    Barry hasn't seen half the hardship in his life Ollie has though...Barry honestly has an easy happy life. Yes he has bad things happen, but Ollie's life has been really, really dark for almost a decade in show and he's been surrounded by death and killing, something Barry hasn't had to deal with nearly as much.


  5. #515
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Barry hasn't seen half the hardship in his life Ollie has though...Barry honestly has an easy happy life. Yes he has bad things happen, but Ollie's life has been really, really dark for almost a decade in show and he's been surrounded by death and killing, something Barry hasn't had to deal with nearly as much.
    Are we talking course of the show or whole life?

    Cuz Barry has had both parents killed in front of him, was the cause of Ciscos brothers death, may be the cause of Iris death though I'm sure in the end he will save her. Changed Diggles daughter into a son.

    I 100% admit it's been far less dark than Ollie plus he hasn't killed anyone but he has still had ample reason to hang em up and never has.

  6. #516
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Yeah I re read your post after typing mine and realized you already addressed some of it and I just forgot.

    Again I get it. But I still get tired of having to go through with it so often.

  7. #517
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,152
    To be fair those are two different type of heroes. The flash has speed to save people where he can usually do it with little problem and without hurting the people to much.

    Green arrow is just another person with a fighting ability and a tendency to put arrows in people, and it leads to battling internal demons of doing it because he enjoys it or wanting to help people.

    Plus a lot of Barry's mess ups come from him trying to use his powers to change the past which they pointed to in one of the recent episodes with the speed force.

    But to point towards comics the green arrow goes through a lot of repeat story arcs. Another common one is him going from billionaire to poor

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  8. #518
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    13,152
    This season has been a huge improvement from the last couple seasons. And it seems it is going to get going here now that it is all in the open.

    Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

  9. #519
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    This season has been a huge improvement from the last couple seasons. And it seems it is going to get going here now that it is all in the open.
    Yeah I agree. It stalled at times but for the most part it's been the best villain/season since Slade Wilson.

  10. #520
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Smolan, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    22,045
    This season of Arrow has really been on par with season 2. Vastly improved. They cut the stupid relationship drama out and just focused on the story. (The opposite of what The Flash has done)

    CW needs to realized that even though tweeny relationship love triangles are there thing. This fanbase mostly hates that garbage (I say mostly because there are all these stupid Olicity fans that just eat that crap up)


  11. #521
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Not an Alabama fan
    Posts
    12,262
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    This season of Arrow has really been on par with season 2. Vastly improved. They cut the stupid relationship drama out and just focused on the story. (The opposite of what The Flash has done)

    CW needs to realized that even though tweeny relationship love triangles are there thing. This fanbase mostly hates that garbage (I say mostly because there are all these stupid Olicity fans that just eat that crap up)
    I mean I still like Felicity unlike most people however I agree I would just assume the relationship aspects be left out.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •