Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

If the Broncos played the Seahawks in the Super Bowl

Would it be the first time division rivals played eachother in the big game?
    2013 Adopted Bronco Duuuuuuuuuuuke

Interesting question.

I would look it up but I'm feeling lazy right now. For those with Red Bulls, www.pro-football-reference.com

Adopted Posters
    AZ Snake Fan

I dont have red bulls

Anyways, some people on here might be too young to remember (I guess Im getting old) but the Seahawks and Broncos used to hate eachother.

I remember asking TD what it was like to play on the field at the Kingdome, and he said it felt like concrete and HATED playing there.

A few weeks later he got 2008 yards on the season against the Seahawks at old Mile High. I loved it!!!

I couldn't stand Cortez Kennedy & that idiotic Brian Bosworth

Curt Warner used to run through Denver like bad Mexican food. And Steve Largent looked like the best WR in the history of the NFL against "All Pro" Louis Wright and Steve Foley.
    We are going with Plan A

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    Oh the agony!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    What a great picture. Elway probably just threw a TD pass on that play too
    We are going with Plan A

I found this little blog thingy...ranking the Seahawks top 5 rivalries.
    http://davekriegsstrikebeard.blogspo...alries-in.html

1. Denver Broncos (1984-1998)
    Seahawks record during this period: 10-20
    High Point: 12/10/95 Seahawks 31 @ Broncos 27
    Low Point: 12/15/84 Broncos 31 @ Seahawks 14

The astute reader may notice that this rivalry exactly corresponds with John Elway's 15-year run as Denver's franchise quarterback. No single player has inflicted as much suffering upon Seahawks fans as John Elway did. No player has thrown for more touchdowns or more yards against the Seahawks than Elway did. No quarterback has beaten the Seahawks as many times as Elway did. In Denver, he was (and is) a Demi-God. In Seattle, he was Mr. Ed. We longed for his destruction so badly we embraced Brian Bosworth simply for standing up to (and late-hitting) our Orange Tormentor.

In addition to the mountain of defeats Elway laid upon us, the WAY he often beat us enraged us even more- He had a knack for wriggling away when we KNEW he was getting sacked. Instead of going down, he'd find an open man down field or scramble for a first down. God I hated that magnificent, horse-faced bastard.

There are SO many low points to choose from here, but the lowest was a 31-14 Kingdome defeat on the final Sunday of the 1984 regular season that cost Seattle the AFC West title and a First-Round bye. I've talked about the unexpected high point from 1995 before:

This is why to this day I still hate the Seahawks with a passion. I am also old enough to remember this rivalry well Venomous.

In fact it sometimes almost feels like they are still in the AFCW. Or at least I just still consider them a rival.

This is why I rooted for the Steelers against them in the Super Bowl.

If we do meet them in the Super Bowl I hope we thrash them.

I remember them being AFCW but I wasn't old enough that the hatred I have for say the raiders had a chance to sink in.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    I remember them being AFCW but I wasn't old enough that the hatred I have for say the raiders had a chance to sink in.
    Youre older then me!! haha

Another reason to hate them is for the game they stole from Green Bay. For some reason the image of Carroll dancing around on the sideline in glee like a jerk still makes me want to regurgitate. Not that I care anything about Green Bay but I hope they destroy the Seahawks in the playoffs.

On September23, 1979 at Mile High, the Broncos were down by a score of 34-10 in the third Quarter, and came back to beat the Seahawks 37-34. Craig Morton threw 3 TD passes in the 3rd Quarter.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

Oh, the good old days. I miss having the Seahawks as a division rival. Side note - this thread brought back memories of a game against Seattle... I should probably look it up. It was an OT game where both Denver and Seattle had field goal opportunities to win it, and both missed.

I remember the announcer saying something to the effect of, "You always hear about games where neither team deserves to lose... this is one where neither team deserves to win."

I should probably look that game up - but I'm scared I'm mis-remembering it.