• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ravenfan4life
    Practice Squad
    • Jan 2013

Originally posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    All those people up in the resorts living the "altitude sickness" lie. There's no way it could be hard for their body to function at that height! It's cold up there!
    Seriously...?

This has nothing to do with the density altitude.

I've said nothing about altitude sickness.

The fact is the weather Saturday will make the air equivalent to that of air at an altitude of roughly 3,400 to 3,700ft. Which I am sure you know being a Colorado resident is an easier altitude to breath at than 5,280ft. Right?

Comment

• CoryWinget81
      five thousand, 800 and uh
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ravenfan4life View Post
      Actually at kickoff they are projecting under 70% and as the game goes on they show it dropping to under 60%.
      sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• CoryWinget81
        • Dec 2006

Seriously...?

This has nothing to do with the density altitude.

I've said nothing about altitude sickness.

The fact is the weather Saturday will make the air equivalent to that of air at an altitude of roughly 3,400 to 3,700ft. Which I am sure you know being a Colorado resident is an easier altitude to breath at than 5,280ft. Right?
        Im seriously done arguing this point.

Broncos whipped the Ravens ass at sea level, which I'm sure you know is a lot easier to breath at than just about anywhere, right?
        sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• DFence
          Bench Warmer
          • Feb 2009

Okay, all science aside, anyone who is active in Colorado or any other area for that matter which is located at elevation can attest that when the two elements are combined, breathing becomes harder and the burn within the lungs is unlike anything I have ever felt. After I left Colorado for basic in San Antonio, I was completely surprised how humidity never caused the stinging sensation I always got in the winter while playing football and doing anything active in the winter. When I came back home, it surely kicked my butt and took me a while to become acclimated.

Comment

• #87Birdman
            The MOD Who Laughs
            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by ravenfan4life
            So.. a range of 60 to 100 from noon to 6 pm, does fit in the ranges I posted from kickoff (2:30) to the end of the game 5:30) doesn't it?

Thanks for confirming what I said. There's one in every crowd.
            Not really since you said at the end of the game it would be 60% and I don't know where 60% is close to 100%

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

• Peanut
              ModNut
              • Jan 2007

You guys want to do some smacking?

Do it in the proper forum, please.
              Administrator

Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

Lupus Awareness Month

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                Okay, all science aside, anyone who is active in Colorado or any other area for that matter which is located at elevation can attest that when the two elements are combined, breathing becomes harder and the burn within the lungs is unlike anything I have ever felt. After I left Colorado for basic in San Antonio, I was completely surprised how humidity never caused the stinging sensation I always got in the winter while playing football and doing anything active in the winter. When I came back home, it surely kicked my butt and took me a while to become acclimated.
                No, your personal experience doesn't count. The Ravens fans have spoken, the altitude won't play an iota of a factor because it'll be 20 degrees.
                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

• ravenfan4life
                  Practice Squad
                  • Jan 2013

Originally posted by DFence View Post
                  Listen, I am not arguing this. I lived in Utah (at about 6 -7,000 ft) and than moved back to Maryland. The elevation and how hard it is to breath is the real deal!

I've run in the cold weather in Maryland (Where it gets colder than CO) and it's hard to breath there too.

My only point, which I've said numerous times. "is the weather Saturday will make the air equivalent to that of air at an altitude of roughly 3,400 to 3,700ft. Which is an easier altitude to breath at than 5,280ft"

That's all.

Comment

• COBronc78
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Aug 2009

Those are all good info. However that doesn't contradict the point of the thread I posted. Which is cold air actually, makes the air equal to that of a lower elevation. And my point in posting that, is only that the advantage is not as big as if it were not so cold, that's all.
                    I understand where you're coming from, but I would love to see some articles stating this fact. Not just some guy from a Ravens message board.

Comment

• ravenfan4life
                      Practice Squad
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                      Not really since you said at the end of the game it would be 60% and I don't know where 60% is close to 100%
                      According to accuweather (yesterday), what I posted is what I saw.

Comment

• ravenfan4life
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2013

Originally posted by COBronc78 View Post
                        I understand where you're coming from, but I would love to see some articles stating this fact. Not just some guy from a Ravens message board.
                        I would just hop on Google, so that's what I'd recommend. If you're objective about it, you'll find the point I am trying to make ""is the weather Saturday will make the air equivalent to that of air at an altitude of roughly 3,400 to 3,700ft. Which is an easier altitude to breath at than 5,280ft"

Comment

• DFence
                          Bench Warmer
                          • Feb 2009

All good bro. It will be a good game nun the less... All I hope for is an injury free game. oh, and a WIN!
                          Last edited by DFence; 01-09-2013, 11:55 AM.

Comment

• #24 Next Champ
                            Playmaker
                            • Oct 2008

Yo Cory be cool man, this dude has been respectful the whole time

I think what he's saying (and I do agree with this, and have actually played higher than mile high in the cold at NAU) is that you lose your breath much, much more quickly when it's hot rather than when it's cold...

When it's cold I can run forever, same went with NAU, I actually didn't even notice the altitude much because I was use to it being hotter in PHX so the cold helped more than the altitude hurt...

I'm worn out after 3 plays in the heat, I can't stand playing in the heat, so if you put me in the heat at a high altitude I couldn't imagine how gassed I'd get during a game, but like I said, in the cold I don't slow down...

Now I've never played in Denver but as mentioned I played at NAU which is much higher than Denver (6,950ft) AND, I've never played in the 20's in high altitude, the coldest it got was like 48° F ...So I'm not sure if that next level cold turns it back around on you ...wow i never realized how freakin high I was at NAU ..Shocked I didn't notice the difference more, maybe it's cuz the entire place is filled with dense forest and it's all around the field

I'm just saying, try to understand what he's saying, he was cool about it n even said we'd win, don't do be like the same fans you're knocking on their forum
                            Last edited by #24 Next Champ; 01-09-2013, 11:57 AM.

Comment

• simplistickhaos
                              Special Teams
                              • Nov 2010

When I used to compete in tennis, I would always train up at evergreen lake before I traveled to Kentucky. I could play 3-4 matches a day in Kentucky where as in Colorado, I could only get through 2. There is a huge difference when it comes to altitude and I have lived here my whole life. I will never forget the first time I experienced it. I had to run laps(rather not say why, lol) in Kentucky during a camp and when everybody else was slowing down, I could keep going and going. And yes I have played cold weather matches before many time in both places.
                              sigpic

Comment

• CoryWinget81
                                • Dec 2006

HMMM

Must be playoffs, eh?
                                sigpic

Hooray, beer!

Comment

Working...
                                X