Page 63 of 63 FirstFirst ... 13 53 61 62 63
Results 931 to 941 of 941
  1. #931
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,451
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    It was pretty emotional stuff! Loved it!!! PK can be a bit of a jerk, but he is a big personality, with a good sized heart!



    Laine is making a good case for rookie of the year over Mathews, but Mathews will win no doubt.
    I think Laine shoud win it. What he is doing at 18 is pretty amazing but the toronto bias will give it to Mathews


    Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

  2. #932
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    I think Laine shoud win it. What he is doing at 18 is pretty amazing but the toronto bias will give it to Mathews
    In a normal year, without the two rookies in the "centre of the universe" Tkachuk would be getting some run for it as well. He's been a very key part of Calgary's steadiest line, has been getting points (not the same as Laine or Matthews) has been taking penalties as well as drawing penalties from the opposition. He's going to be a player that every other fanbase hates, but who is beloved in Calgary.

    I agree though, this year Laine should win it, more points in less games, and looks like a true superstar.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  3. #933
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    In a normal year, without the two rookies in the "centre of the universe" Tkachuk would be getting some run for it as well. He's been a very key part of Calgary's steadiest line, has been getting points (not the same as Laine or Matthews) has been taking penalties as well as drawing penalties from the opposition. He's going to be a player that every other fanbase hates, but who is beloved in Calgary.

    I agree though, this year Laine should win it, more points in less games, and looks like a true superstar.
    Gotta luv Tkachuk.....father was a star here, and mother is from the city.

    He does deserve consideration. I believe he, Gaudreau and Monahan will be stars for many years (maybe Bennett as well). Calgary appears to be seriously in the race again.

  4. #934
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Location
    on the Westside !
    Posts
    35

    Hockey Pool

    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey bud.......you want to do one here, seriously? Love to meet, but we can do one online. Just need the right sized group, and some decent rules.

    If you think we can get enough together and a place to do one, sure.

    We have a month to get going.

  5. #935
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    I didn't see this coming, I'm sure Price coming down with the flu had something to do with it, but the Flames have been dominant tonight. The game in Montreal was the turning point of their season. Montreal crushed them and Gulutzan called the team out right after the game, that was January 24th, they've only lost twice since. Now 8 straight wins, tying the Calgary Flames record. Going for 9 Saturday in Winnipeg. I'm not sure they've won in that arena?
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  6. #936
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I didn't see this coming, I'm sure Price coming down with the flu had something to do with it, but the Flames have been dominant tonight. The game in Montreal was the turning point of their season. Montreal crushed them and Gulutzan called the team out right after the game, that was January 24th, they've only lost twice since. Now 8 straight wins, tying the Calgary Flames record. Going for 9 Saturday in Winnipeg. I'm not sure they've won in that arena?
    Lets put it this way, if we lose to Calgary on Saturday, we're basically cooked. The Jets are funny however, as they look like world beaters some nights, and then lose in foolish ways on others.

  7. #937
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Lets put it this way, if we lose to Calgary on Saturday, we're basically cooked. The Jets are funny however, as they look like world beaters some nights, and then lose in foolish ways on others.
    They're in a tough spot for sure. They need to upgrade their goaltending, and coach, he should have been fired when he kept ranting every night earlier in the season. They've got the players, they're just those two things away from being a very very good team. IMO.

    It's tough for people in Calgary to accept that they're likely headed to the playoffs, everyone is still cautious, but they're 10 points up on LA (LA has two games in hand but is currently playing one of them) with 15 games to go. They're currently closer to 1st place in the Pacific than they are missing the playoffs, although both SJ and LA are playing as I type this, so that could change. Hopefully people start to feel fairly confident soon. Even if the Flames go .500 the rest of the way (7-7-1) they'll still finish with 93 points, which should be enough.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

  8. #938
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    montreal Canada
    Posts
    7,451
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I didn't see this coming, I'm sure Price coming down with the flu had something to do with it, but the Flames have been dominant tonight. The game in Montreal was the turning point of their season. Montreal crushed them and Gulutzan called the team out right after the game, that was January 24th, they've only lost twice since. Now 8 straight wins, tying the Calgary Flames record. Going for 9 Saturday in Winnipeg. I'm not sure they've won in that arena?
    we suck without price lol

  9. #939
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by westside Bronco View Post
    If you think we can get enough together and a place to do one, sure.

    We have a month to get going.
    Hey bud......on second thought, lets maybe put this off, unless others want to join you. But keep it mind for the future.

    Stay in touch!

  10. #940
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    23,263
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    They're in a tough spot for sure. They need to upgrade their goaltending, and coach, he should have been fired when he kept ranting every night earlier in the season. They've got the players, they're just those two things away from being a very very good team. IMO.

    It's tough for people in Calgary to accept that they're likely headed to the playoffs, everyone is still cautious, but they're 10 points up on LA (LA has two games in hand but is currently playing one of them) with 15 games to go. They're currently closer to 1st place in the Pacific than they are missing the playoffs, although both SJ and LA are playing as I type this, so that could change. Hopefully people start to feel fairly confident soon. Even if the Flames go .500 the rest of the way (7-7-1) they'll still finish with 93 points, which should be enough.
    Interesting assessment from another NHL fan! Yes, goaltending for sure. We needed a calming vet who could put up some good numbers, to support Hellebuyck. As for Maurice, it is hard to fathom, but word is he might get an extension this summer!!!

    Our GM - Chevy, has hardly done a thing here other than draft and develop, but he seems secure, and so does the coach. It frustrates me every year, when we do almost nothing....other than draft and develop!!! Even the best teams make moves. Sure, not everyone wants to play here, but that is not a fully acceptable excuse. Travis Hamonic wanted to be close to home (which is basically right here), and no deal was struck. The only deal we made that was good, was trading Evander Kane to Buffalo. But that was long overdue, and it took players on our team to force the deal.

    Hey, we're a small market, and glad to have an NHL team, but that should not stop us from tweaking now and again. One playoff appearance in 6 years! No longer can we blame the former franchise for our sub par play.

  11. #941
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    7,738
    2nd in the Pacific! This is a heck of a run! Hopefully they can maintain and finish 2nd and play Edmonton in the first round. All sorts of Edmonton fans were shooting off their mouths all year about how good their team is, and how Calgary had no chance of even making the playoffs, not to mention catching their team. Apparently they spouted off too soon!
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •