Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11 51 59 60 61 62 63 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    You going to be retiring the Claude Julien picture? Haha
    Bhaha i hadn't taught about it...Not sure i do like the picture lol

Also Nyquist only getting 6 games is proof that DOPS is an absolute joke

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Quote Originally Posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    Bhaha i hadn't taught about it...Not sure i do like the picture lol

Also Nyquist only getting 6 games is proof that DOPS is an absolute joke
    I still haven't seen the actual high stick, nor the Vermette issue with the linesman from last night. I'm watching the Flames game now, Chiasson speared a Flyer early in the game, wasn't violent, but very very stupid, I'll be interested to see how many games he gets, if any. As a Flames fan I'll be excited not to have to watch his below mediocre play for however many games it is.
    "I never lose, I either win or I learn."

Nyquist should have got 15-20 games minimum! Could have dislodged an eye!

Good news for Crosby, he needs just one point to make it to 1,000 (although he should have been there a couple of years ago if not for all the downtime) and he's playing us....in their barn! We have been pretty kind to Pittsburgh, and most teams of late!!

So gang.....what big signings do you anticipate in the coming weeks? I am going to assume Iginla moves again, maybe even Duchene (watch out for Montreal). Shattenkirk is an interesting one as well, although St. Lou is right in the race...therefore he probably stays. Maybe a goalie or two, like Fleury or Bishop, but in Fleury's case, only if The Pens get real value in return.

Should get fun!
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-16-2017 at 09:57 AM.

Got a question. I am in a hockey pool and need to make up some ground (or ice) soon. I have one trade left, forward for a forward. Who would you trade, and for who:

Should I trade Getzlaf or Gaudreau? Gaudreau should be killing it for me, but he is so off right now, although he has more potential than Getzlaf.

Should I trade for Pastrnak, Oshie or Carter?

Thx gang!!

As a Wings fan I as hollaring at the screen when Gus did the deed. I was pissed and blasted him on social media....I'll be a bit more calm here. But he deserves a longer suspension. It's one thing if it's an accident, I can understand 6 games. But it was entirely intentional.

It's been a frustrating season, the owner just died, but none of that is an excuse to do what he did. He'd say it was just pressure and emotions. But you gotta control yourself.

As for trades and what not. Expect my team to be sellers. Vanek, Nyquist, Howard, Ott, Jurco will all probably be traded.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Nyquist should have got 15-20 games minimum! Could have dislodged an eye!

Good news for Crosby, he needs just one point to make it to 1,000 (although he should have been there a couple of years ago if not for all the downtime) and he's playing us....in their barn! We have been pretty kind to Pittsburgh, and most teams of late!!

So gang.....what big signings do you anticipate in the coming weeks? I am going to assume Iginla moves again, maybe even Duchene (watch out for Montreal). Shattenkirk is an interesting one as well, although St. Lou is right in the race...therefore he probably stays. Maybe a goalie or two, like Fleury or Bishop, but in Fleury's case, only if The Pens get real value in return.

Should get fun!
    Fleury can basically decide where he wants to plays. He's got a full no movement clause, so the Pens can't do anything unless he agrees, everyone speculates he could be traded, but if he wants to stay in Pittsburgh, they have to protect him and Matt Murray will be the starting goalie in LV in 2017-18.

Iginla will be traded, Eric Duhatshuk is on the local sports radio here twice a week, and for months he's been speculating Iginla to Edmonton, today he mentioned Iginla to Edmonton or LA. And honestly if the price isn't that high (which it shouldn't be) I'm not sure the Flames don't consider bringing Iginla back and allowing the number 12 to be used one last time. Although realistically he doesn't fit in anywhere but the top line, and I don't think he has the speed to play there anymore.

Duhatshuk also said that the Avalanche are asking for a massive return for Landeskog or Duchene, and that they want current NHL players (young guys with high upside) back in return. Obviously not too many teams willing to do that now, so they might not be dealt until the offseason.

Apparently the first round of the upcoming draft is at best considered mediocre, so lots of teams may be willing to give away their first round pick.

Shattenkirk name is still out there, although Edmonton isn't involved anymore, much earlier the Oilers tried to make the deal but asked to speak with Shattenkirk about an extension before doing it, Shattenkirk told them that he would not even consider signing an agreement with them ahead of free agency. And given the cap crunch that's about to happen in Edmonton (Duhatshuk thinks that McDavid is going to want maximum dollars and term allowed to be given out) they're probably going to be grateful that Shattenkirk thinks of Edmonton the way normal people think of Edmonton. As bad as the Lucic contract looks now, they're going to be in real trouble after next season when they're paying him $7 million per season in a buy out proof contract (his base salary is $1 million with annual guaranteed bonuses of $6 million due on July 1st) and they can't re-sign all of their young players. Their window is this season and next, then they're done.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    As for trades and what not. Expect my team to be sellers. Vanek, Nyquist, Howard, Ott, Jurco will all probably be traded.

Ott might get a sneaky big return because he's a defensive player who specializes in winning face offs. Those players are key in the playoffs.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Flames call about Howard.

Got a question. I am in a hockey pool and need to make up some ground (or ice) soon. I have one trade left, forward for a forward. Who would you trade, and for who:

Should I trade Getzlaf or Gaudreau? Gaudreau should be killing it for me, but he is so off right now, although he has more potential than Getzlaf.

Should I trade for Pastrnak, Oshie or Carter?

Thx gang!!
    I'm not very high on Gaudreau right now, he's in a funk and trying too hard to get out of it. There are times where he tries to skate through 5 guys with the puck rather than looking for the pass. Once he gets out I think the points will come in bunches, but I'm just not seeing anything right now that makes it look like he's getting out of it, although he did have a couple of good chances last night. But on the other hand he was demoted to the 4th line on Monday.

I'll never speak highly of any Ducks player, it could be the fact the Flames haven't won in Anaheim since January 2004 (MLK Day 2004 to be exact) or it could be my complete hatred of Corey Perry, but either way I despise that team and it's players. Although Getzlaf is the least disliked player due to his ties to Calgary.

Quote Originally Posted by Butler By'Note View Post
    I'm not very high on Gaudreau right now, he's in a funk and trying too hard to get out of it. There are times where he tries to skate through 5 guys with the puck rather than looking for the pass. Once he gets out I think the points will come in bunches, but I'm just not seeing anything right now that makes it look like he's getting out of it, although he did have a couple of good chances last night. But on the other hand he was demoted to the 4th line on Monday.

I'll never speak highly of any Ducks player, it could be the fact the Flames haven't won in Anaheim since January 2004 (MLK Day 2004 to be exact) or it could be my complete hatred of Corey Perry, but either way I despise that team and it's players. Although Getzlaf is the least disliked player due to his ties to Calgary.
    Sooooo....should I trade Gaudreau (or Getz) for Oshie, or Pastrnak or Carter?

I don't watch enough of other teams around the NHL to tell you who's best. I pretty much watch Flames games.

I'd do Gaudreau vs Carter...Not the other 2

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

I'd do Gaudreau vs Carter...Not the other 2
    thx CB! So you are saying trade Gaudreau and pick up Carter? Could do.

This pool is interesting. We pick 6 forwards, 3 defence, and 1 goalie....and we get 5 trades any time thru the year. Lots of strategy. You keep trades for injuries, unless somebody is really underperforming. I am behind and need a jolt, and have no injuries now. Unfortunately I had 7 injuries during the year, which is too much to come back from. I flippin lost Quick in the first game of the season!!! I knew it was going to get ugly after that!!

thx CB! So you are saying trade Gaudreau and pick up Carter? Could do.

This pool is interesting. We pick 6 forwards, 3 defence, and 1 goalie....and we get 5 trades any time thru the year. Lots of strategy. You keep trades for injuries, unless somebody is really underperforming. I am behind and need a jolt, and have no injuries now. Unfortunately I had 7 injuries during the year, which is too much to come back from. I flippin lost Quick in the first game of the season!!! I knew it was going to get ugly after that!!
    Yeh carter vs gaudreau i would do. Carter has been slowing down tho.

When you say trade tho do you mean between player or just droping on the waiver and picking up another player ?

My pool we can have as many trade as we want, but they are between players and we have 1 waiver pick per month.

I am 10 out of 15 lol not doing to good, but i am waiting for words on Quick, i am not pleased with Sneider so far.

Yeh carter vs gaudreau i would do. Carter has been slowing down tho.

When you say trade tho do you mean between player or just droping on the waiver and picking up another player ?

My pool we can have as many trade as we want, but they are between players and we have 1 waiver pick per month.

I am 10 out of 15 lol not doing to good, but i am waiting for words on Quick, i am not pleased with Sneider so far.
    In our pool, you can trade one of your players for players that are still available. You keep the points for the player you basically dropped, and you start from scratch with the player you acquired. So, if I drop Gaudreau, I keep all the points he has up til the trade, and if I acquire Carter, I start with 0 points for him, and accumulate til the end of the season. Make sense?

It's kind of our own pool, based on rules that might be fun. As I say, 5 trades of players, at any time of the season. And you can trade between members of the pool, but that hasn't happened this year.