Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Why no NFL team wants to give Tebow a shot? Conspiracy Theory!

I have read so many articles about Tim Tebow treatment in NY that I am questioning if that might actually put an end to his career as a QB, I mean why not a single team in the NFL willing to give the man a shot when other awful QB like Brady Quinn, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Christian Ponder have had so many opportunity to prove themselves and those guys are game managers at best, as for read-option we now know it can work in the NFL so this is not even a discussion anymore. Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII, and Cam Newton all are using the read-option offense.

So is the Tebow is not a NFL QB a conspiracy? if Brady Quinn starts why can't he? and so many articles on bleacher reports with the title "Why this team should not bring in Tebow" "Why this team is foolish to consider Tebow" I mean is this a conspiracy? even Jacksonville Jaguars doesn't want him.
    Last edited by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS; 01-23-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Thread title has a double negative, so it actually means all teams want to give him a shot.
    Broncos fan for over 25 years!
    @powder_addict
    2012 Adopted Bronco: PEYTON MANNING

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Thread title has a double negative, so it actually means all teams want to give him a shot.
    how to correct this?

Quote Originally Posted by FAN4LIFEBRONCOS View Post
    how to correct this?
    triple negatives?
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

Maybe,because no team wants a quarterback that throws 2 completions a game and on top of that he cant throw to save his life....but the main reason,why no team dont want to deal with Tebow is because of his cult followers...Just look at the mess they did when he was the quarterback here,making billboards about starting him and not taking responsibility for it...

He didnt even come out and tell his cult followers to stop it ,that's why he got fined and you expect teams to deal with those crazy people,I dont think so....They rather deal with a quarterback like Sanchez than deal with Tebow 's family and his cult followers...

And yes,I call his fans cult followers because anyone that criticize him,they get angry and want to say we're attack Tebow's character and beliefs when its never the case...We cant even give other people on the team credit without them saying its because of him. that the team won....smh...

Last edited by assassin216; 01-23-2013 at 11:06 AM.
    My 2014 adoption: Nate Irving...........Record:6-1

how to correct this?
    Fill your bathtub with Orange Crush soda, bathe 7 times. After the 7th time, your thread title will be made clean.
    Broncos fan for over 25 years!
    @powder_addict
    2012 Adopted Bronco: PEYTON MANNING

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Fill your bathtub with Orange Crush soda, bathe 7 times. After the 7th time, your thread title will be made clean.
    he did that all very quickly
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2014 Pat Bowlen

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Quote Originally Posted by Frenchy180 View Post
    he did that all very quickly
    It's a TT grade miracle.

I have read so many articles about Tim Tebow treatment in NY that I am questioning if that might actually put an end to his career as a QB, I mean why not a single team in the NFL willing to give the man a shot when other awful QB like Brady Quinn, Matt Cassel, Mark Sanchez, Blaine Gabbert, Kevin Kolb, Chad Henne, Christian Ponder have had so many opportunity to prove themselves and those guys are game managers at best, as for read-option we now know it can work in the NFL so this is not even a discussion anymore. Russell Wilson, Colin Kaepernick, RGIII, and Cam Newton all are using the read-option offense.

So is the Tebow is not a NFL QB a conspiracy? if Brady Quinn starts why can't he? and so many articles on bleacher reports with the title "Why this team should not bring in Tebow" "Why this team is foolish to consider Tebow" I mean is this a conspiracy? even Jacksonville Jaguars doesn't want him.
    The answer is simple

He's not compatible.

If you decide to go Tebow, you have to change a lot of your offense to benefit from his unique position skills. Teams need compatibility throughout their QB depth to be efficient. It's a gamble to put all your chips into the middle of the table on a Tebow who is a VERY physical player who is going to get hurt. If you change your offense for Tebow, and he gets injured -what does the back up do? Play Tebow ball? From what I've seen, only Tebow can play Tebow ball.

And now. There is a smell coming off Tebow. When he left Denver he smelled like a rose after beating PITT in the playoffs. The effect Tebow has had on his 2 teams now have been very mixed. Even here in Denver where he had some success, there was still polarization and distraction etc. There's no reason to think that wont follow him once again.

I'd love to see him find a team because he's very fun to watch, but if I'm in charge there's no way I take that kind of risk with my team. It would take a coach as desperate as John Fox was in 2010 to take that kind of risk. Like when you have nothing to lose. [see Orton]
    ♪♫Chicken Parm ~it tastes so good♫♪

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I think he has a shot somewhere with the success of read option and pistol offenses have developed lately. The NFL is getting friendlier to that style of play, and it's only a matter of time before a team is desperate for either a quarterback or attention.

As has been mentioned before, it's mainly because he CANNOT pass. Tebow supporters will argue until they're blue in the face that this is not the case, that he has a great deep ball (ask Decker about his deep ball), that he has the arm strength to get it down the field (which is true, but even a Howitzer can launch a projectile a long way, doesn't it'll hit it's target).

The other factor, which proponents will also deny, deny, deny is themselves. Teammates, fans, coaches and front offices don't want to deal with the headache of the massive influx of idiocy and ignorance that follows him around.

He's their golden boy and he can do no wrong, even if he can't do many things on a pro football field right. The reason he was successful in High School was because he was in high school and I'm willing to bet opposing teams had never seen his style of "play" before and the coach was willing to go all-in on running the offense around him. He was basically the entire team. The same thing happened at Florida where Urban Meyer was willing to build around Tebow's strength. NFL coaches are less willing to do that. NFL teammates are less willing to comply with that.

A lot of to-do was made out of how flexible Fox and McCoy became once they started Tebow, but I think it was more of a damage control response than a willingness to completely convert offensive schemes. I would be surprised to find out that Fox, Elway and McCoy (or any of the rest of the staff) thought they were going to win more than a few games under Tebow with that style of play, let alone 8 (counting the playoff win).

I don't even think they were fully prepared to succumb to the Tebow hype completely even after the season was over. Tebow fans were furious because they felt Elway had lied to them and Tebow by saying he'd be the starting QB going in to camp. He did not lie to us, the Tebowites or Tebow himself at the time that statement was made. When he said it, he believed that would be the case. Even though it was more than likely that Elway still would have drafted a QB (just like we still did), Tebow would have started going into camp. That doesn't mean he would have remained the starter however.

The big difference in the reason why the system works for guys like RGIII, Newton, Wilson and Kaepernick is because these four guys can actually throw the ball, and they do it fairly well. RGIII is extremely accurate with his passing game and his team has rallied around him because of his versatility. Kaepernick has shown great skill in his ability to get balls in to tight spots (and if you ask me, I could've told you that 4 years ago, although it wouldn't have been in a complimentary manner )

That's why coaches are unwilling to take a chance with Tebow. He can't throw, so it doesn't make the spread option deadly enough to be successful enough over a long period of time. Plus, in his current situation, there are no good receivers who would have the ability to offset his inability to throw. At least in Denver he had Lloyd for a little while and Thomas and Decker were getting along far enough in their development that they could make plays happen somehow. But even Decker struggled, although that's not to say that was all on Tim.

I don't think there are any teams out there that are desperate enough to change their current starting quarterback and gamble on Tebow right now.

I'm not sure why Ponder is on that list. He's probably one of the better ones you've mentioned. Aside from getting a huge case of the Skirts during a playoff game, he's shown some moments of promise. Cassel is nothing more than a manager like Orton and Kolb benefited from a sweet situation where he had success while covering for Vick. It seems like backups tend to fail once they get a starting job, even if they were great backups. Kolb and Cassel have struggled immensely since taking over their own offenses and Flynn couldn't even beat a rookie. In our own experience, Bubby Brister excelled when he had to cover for Elway during an injury stint and he took us on a 4-0 run before Elway came back (or was it 6-0?) but once Elway retired and we tried to go ahead with Brister, he struggled, which sucked because everyone liked him.

The other thing that doesn't help his case is that he was drafted WAY before he should have been. McDaniel's essentially hindered or ruined his career by taking him in the first round. Maybe Jacksonville would've stolen him, but he should've been a 2nd round pick at the highest. Now people expect him to excel and perform as a first rounder should and he's just not going to be able to do that. Not any time soon anyway.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Tebow who is a VERY physical player who is going to get hurt. If you change your offense for Tebow, and he gets injured -what does the back up do? Play Tebow ball? From what I've seen, only Tebow can play Tebow ball.
    We've already seen the effects on this type of QB and offense. Once RGIII went down, Washington was DONE. You can't put all your chips on one guy and expect to be successful. Not even Alfred Morris could save them at that point. If you're a team that's even worse than DC, like say...the Jets, you can't afford to have Tebow go down after installing that type of offense. Even if you have Sanchez on hand, everyone would then have to change their mindset midstream and try to continue forward.

DISCLAIMER: MY REVIEWS OFTEN CONTAIN SPOILERS. READ AT YOUR OWN RISK.

Quote Originally Posted by RealBronco View Post
    We've already seen the effects on this type of QB and offense. Once RGIII went down, Washington was DONE. You can't put all your chips on one guy and expect to be successful. Not even Alfred Morris could save them at that point. If you're a team that's even worse than DC, like say...the Jets, you can't afford to have Tebow go down after installing that type of offense. Even if you have Sanchez on hand, everyone would then have to change their mindset midstream and try to continue forward.
    Mike McCoy changed offenses midseason in 2011.

Four guys I coached with for over ten years are now on the staff of a AAAAA HS team in NM. They changed both their offense and their defense in the middle of the season and advanced to the State semi-finals losing to the eventual champion. They went from a split six 4-2-5/4-4 to a cover 0/blitzing 50, and from a run heavy speed-O to an all out, no huddle passing attack.

They were able to do that because they had the expertise. McCoy did what he did because he and his staff had the expertise. Either the Jets didn't have the expertise or the intent. Mike Westhoff says it was the latter.

If a bunch of HS coaches can change everything midseason and have success, I must believe NFL coaches can, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Washington certainly wasn't done when RGIII went down. Cousins led them to victories during the regular season when RGIII go hurt, and I fully believe they would have won their playoff game if they put Cousins in when RGIII's knee started acting up.

Tebow finished. Blame his fans, its their fault. too slow to be a TE or RB. he cant play, and that's the bottom line.