Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One

Formula One

Kimi Raikonnen looks like he's on a mission.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Kimi Raikonnen looks like he's on a mission.
    An F1 thread and y2cragie didn't start it!

I didn't know you were into racing, sam.

I DVRed the race and will watch it tomorrow.

I love open-wheel racing.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Was a great race. Was worried for the first lap or so that Vettel would fly off into the distance, really looking forward to Malaysia to see how Raikkonen can capitalise!
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Lotus was able to manage tire wear with two stops. Maybe that's the chink in Red Bull's armor. If so, Adrian Newey will most likely figure it out.

Looks like Kimi can race with Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton on any given Sunday.

Kimi is definitely one of the best racers out there, not the best over a single lap but definitely over a full race. Amazing how seamlessly he was able to transition back into F1 last year. Adrian Sutil was very impressive as well, poor strategy from Force India though.

Seems like only yesterday we were psyched for the first race of the season, practice for Malaysia is already nearly here. Hopefully as good a race at Malaysia as we got last year, hopefully a different underdog can do what Perez narrowly missed out on last year. If I was a betting man I think I'd back Massa, he's been brilliant since the middle of last season, so pleased for him, took a lot of courage to come back from what he did.

We haven't seen what Hulkenberg can do yet since he DNS in Australia.

Will be interesting to see how he does in the changeable conditions they're predicting on Sunday, would have probably won the Brazilian GP last November but for running into Hamilton. Force India look good again in practice, hoping for a Di Resta podium this weekend, my favourite driver, fellow Brit!

Well, wear on Earth to begin? Only just finished watching the race so it's still all a bit fresh in my memory.

Force India will be absolutely furious with themselves. Even when losing 15 or so seconds in the first disaster of a pit stop Di Resta and Sutil were making up places hand over fist, and both had to retire because of a small technical glitch.

Jules Bianchi looked great yet again, really outperforming that Marussia.

Don't honestly know where to begin with this whole Red Bull debacle. Pretty appalled at what Vettel did, and I'm glad Webber took to the cameras to complain about it as well, if it was Webber attacking the "Golden boy" and taking a win from him there would be absolute uproar from the RBR hierarchy. A lot of very respected F1 pundits/journalists in the UK have been commenting on it, saying they've lost respect for Vettel for what he did, and I agree with them. I just hope the next time they're in a position for a 1-2 Webber goes for broke and gets a win for himself in spite of the team/Vettel.

On that note I'm leaning towards Webber for the title. I know it sounds like a massive reach, however with what happened today I think he'll realise that being with Red Bull is the best chance he has to win the championship, and you get the sense that he doesn't want to be part of that team beyond this year. Expect him to drive like a man possessed for the remaining 17 races!
    Last edited by EvertonBroncos; 03-24-2013 at 08:45 AM.

The pit activity in the Malaysian GP was interesting. Some sub three second stops plus some very botched ones like Force India and Button's McLaren losing a wheel in pit lane. The best was Hamilton going into the McLaren pit. Don't you know he'll be dogged about that all season? We still love you, too, Lewis. Drop by any time.

This isn't the first time Vettel has abused Webber. Remember the time when Vettel knocked Webber out of the race lead once? Was it Hungary or Turkey? Can't remember which year.

How did you like Rosberg whining to Ross Brawn about Hamilton? What a baby. If he thought Lewis was going too slow, why not just pass him?

I wonder if the FIA will discipline Alonso for not pitting after his wing was damaged and dragging? Did you see Massa charging past Raikkonen and Grosjean at the end? Impressive.

I'm still pulling for Kimi. Formula One looks like another great season.

That was hilarious, I was laying there thinking "why do the Mercedes crew have red on their coveralls?" then I realised. The first Vettel/Webber incident was Turkey in 2010, that was pure insanity from Vettel, it's bad enough colliding with someone on a very long straight but also ruining your teammate's race is ridiculous. I just hope that somehow Vettel gets his, I can't stomach him now, wasn't keen on him but I at least really respected him, not any more.

I didn't mind about Rosberg, he had a point about how slow Hamilton was going in comparison. When Vettel was moaning about Webber, Webber was pulling away from him a few tenths per lap! Good on Nico for doing as he was asked anyway, didn't let his ego get in the way of the team.

As for Fernando, I don't think he could see from his perspective that his front wing was hanging off dangerously. That one is on his team for me, should have been straight on the radio telling him to get straight into the pits so if anyone gets a sanction it will be the Ferrari bosses. Glad Massa recovered from his bad start to the race, really like the guy, ridiculously quick driver when he gets going.

I'm with you on Raikkonen, he's a breath of fresh air to F1 (I know he's been around since 2001 but still), he just doesn't care about anything, just wants to race! If not Webber I'd love for Raikkonen to win it all.

I don't have BBC or Speed this year, so I can't follow F1 as much this year. I've always been a fan of the Williams F1 team, but they have been frustratingly inconsistent. I loved it when Maldonado won last year in Barcelona, then he dropped off real bad. I guess Bottas is our new, promising driver, just like Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenburg, and pretty much every GP2 series winner there ever has been.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

I don't know if it's because Williams' car is back to 2011 levels of slow, but Bottas has been pretty underwhelming thus far, I know it's only two races in but I don't think the massive hype around him last year helped.

Most promising rookie so far has got to be Bianchi, he's ringing the neck of that Marussia, he'll be the next driver picked up by a big team.

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    I don't have BBC or Speed this year, so I can't follow F1 as much this year. I've always been a fan of the Williams F1 team, but they have been frustratingly inconsistent. I loved it when Maldonado won last year in Barcelona, then he dropped off real bad. I guess Bottas is our new, promising driver, just like Nico Rosberg, Nico Hulkenburg, and pretty much every GP2 series winner there ever has been.
    2013 F1 is on NBCSports/NBC. Speed lost the contract.

This is one thing I disagree with F1 about. Team orders. In certain situations, yes, I see a place for it, but not to the extreme that F1 seems to take it.

Motor racing-Drivers must obey the team, says Lotus boss
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "