Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Formula One

I don't get to watch F1 much anymore. Grew up watching Ayrton Senna. When a bit older, I was a Schumacher- and Ferrari-fan. Best of luck to Schumi.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.

Schumacher showing 'responses', says friend

Berlin (AFP) - Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, who is slowly being brought out from a coma following a ski accident, showed several responses during a recent visit, a friend was quoted as saying on Saturday.

"He is sleeping, he looks normal and he showed a few responses with his mouth," the German Bild daily quoted Schumacher's friend and former teammate Felipe Massa as saying.

"I was very happy to be able to spend some time with him," said Massa. "I spoke with him a lot, about how the team was doing, about the new car."
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Schumi's most important comeback. He'll be irritated he missed the Winter Olympics. It's cool Massa took the time to be with him. I'm sure Schumacher was with him during his recovery, too.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Rookie boy Kevin Magnusson on the podium in Australia today. First time ever for a Danish driver. Daniel Ricciardo on the podium as a first for an Aussie driver, I believe.

Valteri Bottas had an amazing drive finishing sixth after losing a tire and coming from way back twice. Williams looks strong. If Kobayashi hadn't knocked Felipe Massa out at the start, both Williams cars would have been in the points.

Mercedes engines look the strongest in the new 1.6 turbo formula. Ricciardo was on the front row and finished second while the other Red Bull DNF. Lewis Hamilton was on the pole and retired while Rosberg won in the other Mercedes. Go figure.

McClaren came in 3rd & 4th and lead in the constructors points. Both Toro Rosso cars finished in the points (9th & 10th) for an amazing finish for them. Ferrari was 5th & 8th.

Bottas could have pushed strongly for a podium but for that mistake, was unlucky. Even more unlucky on Ricciardo, unforgivable from Red Bull to allow that to happen.

Magnussen therefore finishes 2nd in his first ever grand prix. What a frightening talent he is, definite dark horse for the world championship.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

Quote Originally Posted by EvertonBroncos View Post
    Bottas could have pushed strongly for a podium but for that mistake, was unlucky. Even more unlucky on Ricciardo, unforgivable from Red Bull to allow that to happen.

Magnussen therefore finishes 2nd in his first ever grand prix. What a frightening talent he is, definite dark horse for the world championship.
    Wow! Red Bull shut out in the first race.

It looks like Williams is back. I really like them.

Did you see Kimi's interview after the race? Classic.

Congrats to Rosberg, but he is one of my least favorite drivers. I like Lewis much better.

Good on for McClaren after their crappy 2013 season. Hiring Perez was a major blunder, but they fixed it. Ron Dennis is back. He knows what he's doing. Jenson is a good teammate/mentor for young Magnussen.

Both Toro Rossos in the points! Incredible.

Hulkenberg back in Force India and finished sixth. He just can't get a decent ride. They should have kept Di Resta.

Can't believe guys like Maldonado get good seats while guys like Di Resta and Hulkenberg struggle just to get second tier rides. I'll be surprised if Maldonado scores more than ten points this year. Sergio Perez over Paul Di Resta. Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by samparnell; 03-17-2014 at 09:44 AM.

Yeah they [Force India] should have gone with Hulkenberg and Di Resta, which is where the system is flawed because I don't think Perez is a very quick driver, certainly not as quick as many others on the grid. Di Resta is expected to be confirmed as Mercedes' test and reserve driver alongside his role for Mercedes in DTM, I would imagine he'll negotiate a clause into that contract where he'll be next in line for a seat at Merc if Rosberg or Hamilton leave.

I feel sorry for Grosjean to a point because he was in a car that's gone from podium-winning to backmarker in only 4 months, but Maldonado I can't help but laugh at the way he bent Lotus over a barrel with his money, now Williams are flying at the top end of the grid and he's fighting Marussias and Caterhams

Forgot to mention Daniel Kvyat, very impressive performance in his very first race. Some absolutely world class young talent on the grid this year.
    Come On You Blues! GO BRONCOS!

I remember Perez trying to pass Kimi on the left going into the chicane after the tunnel at Monaco when he was with McClaren. There were times when it seemed he and Maldonado thought they were in bumper cars.

I read where the stewards cleared Kobyashi of the incident at the start in Australia. I want to see what both those Williams cars can do in a race. Claire had he head in her hand during much of the race. They are on the right track. They made a good decision to go with Mercedes power this year.

Sounds like Honda will supply McClaren with engines next year. We'll see who else signs up for that.

Hulkenberg is the best German driver.

Maldonado, Gutierrez and Perez don't belong in Formula One.

Lewis is the real deal.

Magnussen is a green *** rookie boy.

Mercedes is in control right now.

If your team mate thinks he's faster, then pass.

Yay for Lewis Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Jaws View Post
    Yay for Lewis Hamilton
    He dominated. Where's the Union Jack emoticon?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    He dominated. Where's the Union Jack emoticon?
    I ate it

Mini Mag and Iceman FTW!

Congrats to Hamilton and Mercedes on the GP win. For the sake of excitement, lets hope the other teams catch up before too long - watching one team (RB) dominate 4 seasons in a row was kinda boring.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

If one doesn't have the Mercedes power plant, chances of the podium are very slim.

Lewis Hamilton is the real deal; Nico Rosberg isn't.

Kimi needs to remove the sign from the back of his car that says, "Hit me!" in Danish.

Ricciardo is faster that Vettel in the same car.

Ferrari is not competitive.

Williams is back, and Force India is right there, too.

Wow! Can I just say, what a race!! Thoroughly enjoyed that. Here would be my thoughts:

Nico should have won but he fluffed it. He had better pace than Lewis.

Surprised by the pace of the Force India's - 2nd quickest behind the Merc's. Also surprised that Sergio Perez out-drove Hulkenberg (in Qualy and the race).

Red Bull's got saved by the SC.

Heck of a lot of action all the way down the field, really enjoyable.

Seriously, how is Maldonado even in the sport still?

Oh, and can everybody stop complaining about the new rules now? Yes, I'm looking at you RB!
    2016 San Diego Chargers GM & New York Giants GM - see bio for trade block/needs