Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Ford: Why the Hate?

Okay so, I know I'm letting the cat out of the bag on this one... but seriously, why do people hate on Ford convertibles and trucks?

I mean Ford does build some real beautiful cars! I'm thinking about buying a Mustang 2005 or 2006 in 3-4 months after I save up enough money. Either that or I can take it out on a lease to build up good credit.

Do people dislike Ford because of the cost, and think that there products are overpriced? Everyone that I have talked to *even those who dislike Ford cars* does admit that their cars last a long, long time assuming they are treated right. So isn't it better to buy a product that is a little more expensive initially then to have to spend hundreds of dollars fixing and/or replacing your car later on?

Just something I've been thinking about as I've been car shopping. Appreciate the answers/advice.
    Thanks IEWT!!!!!!

People hate things because it's human nature. Cars are just the tip of it.

As for the car, I have a Mustang. A 2005 GT Convertible.

I still love it.

The only problem I have had with mine is if I don't drive it for several days, it loses it's charge. And yeah, if you drive it through some automatic car washes with really high pressure, it can leak a little. Not all of them, and never from a self sprayer or the weather.

7 years, not yet 50,000 miles. A battery maintainer that was about 50 bucks, and a new set of tires at 42,000, that's it. Other than regular maintenance.

I say go for it.

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I've been driving my Uncle's brand new F-150 the past few days, and it's one of the nicest vehicles I've ever seen/driven. The ecoboost v6 is something else. 22+ mpg and the power and takeoff are almost startling.
    Losers don't get wings.

fords not bad recently, but they built up a bad reputation

dodge on the other hand i wouldnt even consider
    -------
    Official 2012 Adopt-a-Bronco - DT

We have two fords. One is a beat up junker 92 explorer that has 240k and on the original transmission. The only thing I've replaced over the last 50k miles was the battery and alternator. Runs like a top, starts every day. The last big snow storm it sat for over a week. Started right up.

One is a fancy 96 Taurus LX wagon with 3.0L DOHC. I've done about 3 grand of work on it over the last two years. Battery, Alternator (which the engineering department at Ford thought it'd be funny to put to where you can't get it out... Seriously Google it) fuel pump, power steering pump, and the list goes on. Sometimes, it just refuses to start. I have to open up the wiring harness and just move them around until it starts. I've reseated all of the wiring, checked for cracks, rewrapped those that weren't looking good.

Ford makes good cars and crap cars, just like everyone

Hooray, beer!

Record $2.4 billion profit they announced in the 1st quarter. They have to be doing something right now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoFan! View Post
    Okay so, I know I'm letting the cat out of the bag on this one... but seriously, why do people hate on Ford convertibles and trucks?

I mean Ford does build some real beautiful cars! I'm thinking about buying a Mustang 2005 or 2006 in 3-4 months after I save up enough money. Either that or I can take it out on a lease to build up good credit.

Do people dislike Ford because of the cost, and think that there products are overpriced? Everyone that I have talked to *even those who dislike Ford cars* does admit that their cars last a long, long time assuming they are treated right. So isn't it better to buy a product that is a little more expensive initially then to have to spend hundreds of dollars fixing and/or replacing your car later on?

Just something I've been thinking about as I've been car shopping. Appreciate the answers/advice.
    The new Mustangs are pretty cool. I haven't heard much bad about them. I think now is the time to buy a muscle car. The new Mustangs, Challengers, and Camaros are the first legit sports cars since the early seventies, as far as reasonably priced domestics that actually perform like sports cars.

Ford's newer trucks (97 and up) seem to be better built than the old ones. I know the body panels rust out pretty fast and the 4.2 is a weak motor though. Their old trucks (82-96) had a lot of issues. Ford couldn't seem to find anybody who could build them a half way decent starter or alternator back then. Didn't matter what motor, the starters and alternators all sucked. The spring shackles were made out of crap. It's very rare to see an older Ford Pick Up with really good spring shackles (front or back). Fenders and core support were always rusted out. Fuel tanks were always rusted out. The steering columns were made out of crap. They had that aluminum cylinder that controlled the ignition. That was always broke, among other things. Those were the major issues. I think they addressed most of that after 96.

Quote Originally Posted by CoryWinget81 View Post
    We have two fords. One is a beat up junker 92 explorer that has 240k and on the original transmission. The only thing I've replaced over the last 50k miles was the battery and alternator. Runs like a top, starts every day. The last big snow storm it sat for over a week. Started right up.

One is a fancy 96 Taurus LX wagon with 3.0L DOHC. I've done about 3 grand of work on it over the last two years. Battery, Alternator (which the engineering department at Ford thought it'd be funny to put to where you can't get it out... Seriously Google it) fuel pump, power steering pump, and the list goes on. Sometimes, it just refuses to start. I have to open up the wiring harness and just move them around until it starts. I've reseated all of the wiring, checked for cracks, rewrapped those that weren't looking good.

Ford makes good cars and crap cars, just like everyone
    Want a real laugh? Call your local Ford garage and ask them how much to change the radiator in your Taurus.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    Want a real laugh? Call your local Ford garage and ask them how much to change the radiator in your Taurus.
    I will never ever deal with the dealership garages. Never. Actually, unless its something I just absolutely can't do, I do it on my own. I got myself a toolset and just got to work one day. Changed the fuel pump in the parking lot all by myself. It was an in tank pump too and there were about 6 gallons of gas I had to empty. Talk about pain in the ass.

Hooray, beer!

FORD?! did SOMEONE SAY FORD
    2013 Adopted Bronco Duuuuuuuuuuuke

Speaking of Ford. Them and Shelby just released this beauty. Droooooooooooooooool

Mustangs are the chariots of Gods.

All the hate for Ford is just the usually everybody has to hate something and if it's popular to hate it, then more will hate it.

There is a saying about Fords, take care of it and it'll take care of you. Yeah they are high priced, some would say over priced. But what you get in the long run, makes it worth it. Fords last very long, especially if you take care of it. You wont need an new car for a long while, unless you just want a new car.

As for the company, Ford was the only Big 3 car company that opted to not take bail out money. They believed they can serve on their own and they did. As someone before showed with how much they made 1st qrt.

I myself don't have a car, but I will when I can find my dream car. Aka the Ford 1969 Boss Mustang.
    I also want a F-450, merely because that think is a tank.

Adopted Poster: #87Birdman, EvertonBroncos, MileHighGuy, Blondie79, and BroncoFanBoy

I have a Mustang. Shes never done me wrong! Except when the clutch went out but that was probably my fault

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    I have a Mustang. Shes never done me wrong! Except when the clutch went out but that was probably my fault
    Was the snow moment your fault too?lol

Adopted Poster: #87Birdman, EvertonBroncos, MileHighGuy, Blondie79, and BroncoFanBoy

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
    Was the snow moment your fault too?lol
    Which snow moment are you referring to haha