Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
Results 106 to 120 of 224
  1. #106
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    20,497
    Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    "thing is, manning and his teams were good enough to dominate every year in the regular season yet almost always fall on their faces in the first game in the playoffs against inferior teams.

    how come?"


    For once in your life Baph, why dont you try thinking outside of your stats and numbers and maybe you'd find the answers to your questions. You have got to be one of the most short-sighted football fans I've ever seen. But since others need to find answers for you, have a look at this...

    1. Manning as a Colt played in a weak division...Texans sucked at that time and so did the Jags and so did the Titans. That was pretty much 6 wins every year that were guaranteed for the Colts. Wins like that can get a football team lazy or over-confident and develop bad habits. Like when your Bolts would go out and get drunk before a playoff game.

    2. Then add the two-week lay-off if you're the #1 or #2 seed...too much time to get rusty and ruin rythm, which is why the last #1 or #2 seed to win a SB was something like 10 years ago. Being seeded that high can also lead to underestimating your Div. playoff opponent and looking to the CCG, prematurely.

    3. Playoff teams are the best in the conference for that season and if you play in a weak division, that doesnt prepare you for the playoffs very well.

    4. Injuries.

    13-3 or 14-2 or 12-4 looks pretty good on paper (which is what you only look at), but you have to dig a little deeper and look at quality of opponents and other factors when those teams in the playoffs dont reach the SB.

    All 4 of those things I think hurt Manning's playoff record...even last year and hurt Tom Brady too. Havent you ever wondered your same question about Brady, like you do about Manning? How can Brady have all these 11-5 or better records and not win SBs, in the last 5 years? Its cause of the things I listed above.

    You asked in a prior post what QB prospers with a below average O-line. Answer...a mobile one. Examples...Fran Tarkenton, Vick, Elway, etc. The QBs that fail with a bad O-line are immobile QBs like your Rivers, Brady, etc.

    God, dude! You cant figure this stuff out?!!
    1. that is lame excuse, are you telling me they didn't also dominate the other teams they played for the most part? are you really trying to suggest that when they played playoff caliber teams in the regular season they lost most of the time? other than the chargers and patriots, they pretty much dominated everyone in the regular season.

    2. another pathetic excuse for your boy darling manning, so its because of the big bad first round bye huh? what happened in 2008 against a an 8-8 chargers team that had no business being there?

    he has choked in WC games as well as after the bye.

    3. see my answer in #2, its not like they only play their division and even if you are going to use that excuse, why not make the same one for the chargers? double standard much?

    4. every team has them, next excuse.......

    again, if you are good enough to dominate in the regular season, you should not be going one and done 8/12 times

    that's thinking outside of stats bro and basic common sense, you should try thinking outside of your orange and blue tinted donkey glasses for a change.
    Last edited by baphamet; 06-05-2013 at 12:42 PM.

    The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

  2. #107
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,715
    When Rivers had a top defense, a top running game, and great pass protection he still couldn't get it done. Not many QB's have the luxury of having a 1,815 yard, 28 rushing touchdown, 508 recieving yards and 3 recieving touchdowns MVP RB while having 7th ranked rushing defense, 13th ranked passing defense (1st in sacks) while his team only allowed a guy who has the mobility of a tree to be sacked 28 times.

    Yet he still couldn't get it done. Yet he still went one and done in the divisional playoff game and got his head coach fired following a 14-2 season. His team ran the ball more than they passed it, all he had to do was manage the games. Yet your trash talking savior went 14 for 32 pass attempts (43.8%) 0 touchdowns and 1 interception and fumbled the ball away for a total of 2 turnovers.

    All the while his MVP RB had 187 all purpose yards and 2 rushing touchdowns.

  3. #108
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    1. that is lame excuse, are you telling me they didn't also dominate the other teams they played for the most part? are you really trying to suggest that when they played playoff caliber teams in the regular season they lost most of the time? other than the chargers and patriots, they pretty much dominated everyone in the regular season.

    2. another pathetic excuse for your boy darling manning, so its because of the big bad first round bye huh? what happened in 2008 against a an 8-8 chargers team that had no business being there?

    he has choked in WC games as well as after the bye.

    3. see my answer in #2, its not like they only play their division and even if you are going to use that excuse, why not make the same one for the chargers? double standard much?

    4. every team has them, next excuse.......

    again, if you are good enough to dominate in the regular season, you should not be going one and done 8/12 times

    that's thinking outside of stats bro and basic common sense, you should try thinking outside of your orange and blue tinted donkey glasses for a change.
    I did. I talked about the Colts, Chargers and the Patriots in addition to the Broncos. But apparently if someone uses multiple examples to prove a point, that still isnt convincing enough for you. It looks to me your stubborness and bias just equal ignorance. But go ahead and live in your fairy-tale land, where Manning and the Broncos are the ONLY team and player to lose in the playoffs with good records.

    No double-standard. I believe the Bolts in '06 and '09 were ill-prepared for the playoffs because of the weak division they played in and also because they were WAY, WAY, WAY too over-confident. Thats why many of their players were partying the night before and could've been the cause for the Bolts' lack-luster performances in those playoff games. They may not have been putting forth 100% effort, when their opponents were. And when ANY good team plays down to their inferior competition because of over-confidence, that good team usually loses. That is the cause of many of the "chokes" in professional sports history. But you would rather blame one guy and not the rest of his teammates, right?

    Only someone as clueless as you could believe one player out of 53 is only responsible for all his playoff losses. But thats the fairy-tale land you like to live in and try to trash-talk about, so enjoy continuing to humiliate yourself on a regular basis.
    Last edited by mct1967; 06-05-2013 at 04:20 PM.

  4. #109
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    nice try but you are not going to spin this into something else, mind telling me again how the team completely carried rivers when they had all those injuries? (that is the only reason why i mentioned injuries after all) or did those back up scrubs carry him as well?

    oh and the chargers had arguably the worst OL in the entire league last year starting an undrafted rookie at left tackle almost the entire season.

    considering how in-mobile rivers is, they were doing designed roll outs with him all season long with very little success, why do you think they would do that for the first time in his career?

    lastly, when rivers had more time he was one of the best QB's in the league with protecting the football and making good decisions (i don't mean always a completion either), you must also think that had nothing to do with the OL and only because of the weapons around him, huh?
    You value stats over wins, so I can see where your getting lost. Let me try and dumb it down a bit for you- the all pro loaded team carried him to playoff appearances- he let them down and played timid and made costly mistakes. Now that the all pro team has dismantled and hes playing with what most QBs play with, he has become a turnover machine and a severe liability. Not to mention not a sniff of the playoffs in years. All qbs would love to have ideal protection, but when you are as immobile and one dimensional as Rivers is, it puts a ton of pressure on your line to bail him out. If he could have 4 all pro olineman, a top defense, a couple of HOF calibur skill position players, an all pro FB and one of the most dangerous weapons in football -as well as play in a weak division, then yes....your absolutely right, he could play at a high level again.Only problem is....so could Sanchez, Cassel, Skelton and Gabbert.

    You can play the "when Rivers had" game all you want, but those days are long gone. Its unreasonable to think a team could surround him with that much talent yet again and give him yet another shot. Now its up to him to elevate his game and he just doesnt seem capable. Hate to break your heart guy, but Rivers blew it.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-05-2013 at 01:23 PM.

  5. #110
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    4,277
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    remember that little 6-0 run your donkos went on back in 2009? i do and i also remember all the fairweather smack talking broncos fans here that came out of the woodwork to run their mouths, i even had multiple different ones sending me PM's talking smack to me.

    sorry but i have been here for a long time and know quite well how your fans operate, you can try to lie and pretend they don't fairweather it up in smack but that's just not the case.

    it makes me laugh when homers try to act like their fans don't pull the same crap every fan base does, every fan base has fans that only talk smack when their team is good or only go to rival teams message boards when their team is good.
    Those fans you are talking about are not the same ones you're wrongfully calling out today so I will say it again...the new guys have not been tested so you have no idea what they will do. You are jumping to absurd and baseless assumptions. I never defended those fans that came and went during the 6-0 so i didn't lie(your motif) about it. There you go again with the imaginary slights(lies).

    You showed up AFTER the chargers started doing good so does that make you a fair weather fan? you are surely not around/posting as much as you were when the Chargers were winning the division even during the season you post count per day went down by half at least..You were definitely not around before the chargers were winning...did you jump on the band wagon or just happen to join these forums after the winning started by chance?

    I joined during a really bad time for my team so i think we know where I stand.
    Last edited by Beagle; 06-06-2013 at 02:26 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    are you talking career or right now? because i don't see how you can say manning is top 5 even healthy.dude will never be a top 5 QB again, he is done.

  6. #111
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    20,497
    Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    I did. I talked about the Colts, Chargers and the Patriots in addition to the Broncos. But apparently if someone uses multiple examples to prove a point, that still isnt convincing enough for you. It looks to me your stubborness and bias just equal ignorance. But go ahead and live in your fairy-tale land, where Manning and the Broncos are the ONLY team and player to lose in the playoffs with good records.

    No double-standard. I believe the Bolts in '06 and '09 were ill-prepared for the playoffs because of the weak division they played in and also because they were WAY, WAY, WAY too over-confident. Thats why many of their players were partying the night before and could've been the cause for the Bolts' lack-luster performances in those playoff games. They may not have been putting forth 100% effort, when their opponents were. And when ANY good team plays down to their inferior competition because of over-confidence, that good team usually loses. That is the cause of many of the "chokes" in professional sports history. But you would rather blame one guy and not the rest of his teammates, right?

    Only someone as clueless as you could believe one player out of 53 is only responsible for all his playoff losses. But thats the fairy-tale land you like to live in and try to trash-talk about, so enjoy continuing to humiliate yourself on a regular basis.
    more crying about me, never once did i say only one guy is responsible for winning or losing or manning is the only QB to be blamed for losing, pull your panties up and stop throwing tantrums about crap i didn't say.

    again, everything you listed was pathetic excuse making for manning, do you see me making excuse like that for rivers? the guy gets all the credit in the world for winning and being so dominant in his career yet you want to give the guy a free pass when he chokes? sadly i see that from a lot of donkey homers around here, they defend and protect their QB's until they leave to go to another team, like tebow and cutler.

    The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

  7. #112
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    20,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagle View Post
    Those fans you are talking about are not the same ones you're wrongfully calling out today so I will say it again...the new guys have not been tested so you have no idea what they will do. You are jumping to absurd and baseless assumptions. I never defended those fans that came and went during the 6-0 so i didn't lie(your motif) about it. There you go again with the imaginary slights(lies).

    You showed up AFTER the chargers started doing good so does that make you a fair weather fan? you are surely not around/posting as much as you were when the Chargers were winning the division even during the season you post count per day went down by half at least..You were definitely not around before the chargers were winning...did you jump on the band wagon or just happen to join these forums after the winning started by chance?

    I joined during a really bad time for my team so i think we know where I stand.
    every fan base has fans that only talk smack when their team is good, i don't know how to say it any differently so you will get it.

    if you actually think your teams fans are different then this is me laughing at your hilarious donko fan delusions

    by the way, i didn't sign up and start running my mouth like you seem to think i did. i signed up the week we played each other because that's what i used to do back then because smack talked sucked on the CMB IMO.

    i didn't start posting here on a regular basis until late the following year and i stayed because i liked it here.

    i clearly remember coming back after we lost to the jags that year and that we were 5-5 at the time and i still didn't really run my mouth all that much, not like the fairweathers do when they sign up and instantly start running their mouths like they been here the whole time or something.

    so w/e, if that's what people want to do that's fine, just like i will call them out because that's what i want to do, see how that works?

    The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

  8. #113
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    more crying about me, never once did i say only one guy is responsible for winning or losing or manning is the only QB to be blamed for losing, pull your panties up and stop throwing tantrums about crap i didn't say.

    again, everything you listed was pathetic excuse making for manning, do you see me making excuse like that for rivers? the guy gets all the credit in the world for winning and being so dominant in his career yet you want to give the guy a free pass when he chokes? sadly i see that from a lot of donkey homers around here, they defend and protect their QB's until they leave to go to another team, like tebow and cutler.
    "never once did i say only one guy is responsible for winning or losing or manning is the only QB to be blamed for losing,"

    Then shut your fricken pie-hole with the "choke" crap. If you want people to take you seriously around here, you gotta stop your flip-flopping you do from post to post. Maybe you're a schizo and have multiple personalities, but whatever the case, you need to try not to contradict yourself 1000s of times around here. How can you make all your "choke" accusations and then say what you did above? Maybe we should call you Sybill.

    Oh yes, everything is an "excuse" with you. Anytime a Broncos fan tries to explain reasons for a loss, you always yell and scream, "excuse! excuse! excuse!" Until...

    You want to talk about your Chargers and why they've sucked the last few years. First, you said it was their special teams a couple years ago, then it was Norv's fault, then it was AJ's fault and now your latest scapegoat is the Bolts' O-line...but none of those are "excuses" right? Two-way street, bud.

    Your hypocrisy is only superseded by your homerism, Baphy ole Boy.
    Last edited by mct1967; 06-06-2013 at 02:40 PM.

  9. #114
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    where the hills touch heaven
    Posts
    10,360
    starting to feel sorry for lil baprod


    what cred he built here is long gone....just like the rest of the bolt fans thst used to post here

  10. #115
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    183
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    your point? does that mean you guys wont choke next year? i know its gotta be in your mind, you guys have been doing a lot of choking in the last 5 or 6 years, as much if not more than the chargers have.
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS:

    Denver Broncos - 2
    SD Chargers - ZERO

    Shut your mouth and crawl back to your hole...

  11. #116
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    20,497
    Quote Originally Posted by mct1967 View Post
    "never once did i say only one guy is responsible for winning or losing or manning is the only QB to be blamed for losing,"

    Then shut your fricken pie-hole with the "choke" crap. If you want people to take you seriously around here, you gotta stop your flip-flopping you do from post to post. Maybe you're a schizo and have multiple personalities, but whatever the case, you need to try not to contradict yourself 1000s of times around here. How can you make all your "choke" accusations and then say what you did above? Maybe we should call you Sybill.
    instead of always going on the offensive and personally attacking me because you disagree, why don't you try reading what i actually say? ive said literally countless times that QB's are judged by wins and losses, when they win they get all the credit in the world and win they lose they deserve a good portion of the blame.

    i am not flip floping any argument, i am holding your choking ass QB responsible for being the leader of his team that chokes in the playoffs far more often than not (just like your hypocritical fans did the same for rivers).

    and if i am to "shut my pie hole" why is it that you donk fans get to run your mouths about the chargers and rivers choking games in the playoffs? that is beyond hypocritical.

    so keep on personally attacking me to make yourself feel better, you may want to look in the mirror if you get this upset about football smack talk and maybe figure out what your own issues are.

    Oh yes, everything is an "excuse" with you. Anytime a Broncos fan tries to explain reasons for a loss, you always yell and scream, "excuse! excuse! excuse!" Until...

    You want to talk about your Chargers and why they've sucked the last few years. First, you said it was their special teams a couple years ago, then it was Norv's fault, then it was AJ's fault and now your latest scapegoat is the Bolts' O-line...but none of those are "excuses" right? Two-way street, bud.

    Your hypocrisy is only superseded by your homerism, Baphy ole Boy.
    except when i talked about special teams i never said rivers wasn't to blame, even though the ST's issues and fumbling were by far their main issue that year. also, yes the OL is the main issue with rivers IMO, did i ever say he is not to blame for the mistakes he made or do i ever say he isn't a choker? i think i have confirmed that he has choked on multiple occasions, i do not deny it like you homers do.

    the KC game where he fumbled the snap comes to mind, i blamed that completely on him and because of that we missed the playoffs. but honestly, blaming chokes on the bye week and on injuries? are you freaking kidding me??

    excuses don't get any more pathetic than that.

    The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

  12. #117
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    20,497
    Quote Originally Posted by Baller7120 View Post
    SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONSHIPS:

    Denver Broncos - 2
    SD Chargers - ZERO

    Shut your mouth and crawl back to your hole...
    ahh trophy smack, that's original.

    speaking of holes, why don't you go back under that rock where you were hiding until your team got good you fairweather smack talking donko fan?

    The San Diego Chargers, your (soon to be) 2014 AFC West Champions!

  13. #118
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    instead of always going on the offensive and personally attacking me because you disagree, why don't you try reading what i actually say? ive said literally countless times that QB's are judged by wins and losses, when they win they get all the credit in the world and win they lose they deserve a good portion of the blame.

    i am not flip floping any argument, i am holding your choking ass QB responsible for being the leader of his team that chokes in the playoffs far more often than not (just like your hypocritical fans did the same for Rivers
    According to you Manning has played on less than mediocre teams his entire career. And also according to you he saved our franchise from mediocrity. That our "mediocre" team he saved us from is the best team he has ever been on.

    Unless your contention is that Rivers with 4 all pro lineman, a top ranked defense, 2 hof skill players, all pro wr, all pro kicker, multiple all pro defenders, one of the most dangerous all purpose players in the league and a weak division constitutes as mediocre support than your comparison to what we say about Rivers compared to what you say about Manning has no merit.

    After all, that "choker" Manning led two "less than mediocre" teams to SBs and won one. Rivers led his all star cast to 2 more playoff wins than Tebow has.
    Save some face guy.....
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-07-2013 at 03:20 PM.

  14. #119
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    1,513
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    ahh trophy smack, that's original.

    speaking of holes, why don't you go back under that rock where you were hiding until your team got good you fairweather smack talking donko fan?
    Trophy smack is something you cant comprehend. Its real, its something to be proud of your franchise for, and its not ever going away.

    The words "trophy smack" are not hurtful guy, they are reminders of some of our proudest moments as fans.
    Those are real accomplishments we will forever boast about.....much like you Charger fans hold your loss to the second place Patriots in the highest regards.

    I realize those mentions are painful reminders to you of how much more dominant our franchise is then your lowly Chargers and I apologize if it brings brings those inferior feelings to the surface, but its history and its not going away...no matter how much it stings, just fight through tears.
    Last edited by atwaterandstir; 06-07-2013 at 03:35 PM.

  15. #120
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,031
    Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    instead of always going on the offensive and personally attacking me because you disagree, why don't you try reading what i actually say? ive said literally countless times that QB's are judged by wins and losses, when they win they get all the credit in the world and win they lose they deserve a good portion of the blame.

    i am not flip floping any argument, i am holding your choking ass QB responsible for being the leader of his team that chokes in the playoffs far more often than not (just like your hypocritical fans did the same for rivers).

    and if i am to "shut my pie hole" why is it that you donk fans get to run your mouths about the chargers and rivers choking games in the playoffs? that is beyond hypocritical.

    so keep on personally attacking me to make yourself feel better, you may want to look in the mirror if you get this upset about football smack talk and maybe figure out what your own issues are.



    except when i talked about special teams i never said rivers wasn't to blame, even though the ST's issues and fumbling were by far their main issue that year. also, yes the OL is the main issue with rivers IMO, did i ever say he is not to blame for the mistakes he made or do i ever say he isn't a choker? i think i have confirmed that he has choked on multiple occasions, i do not deny it like you homers do.

    the KC game where he fumbled the snap comes to mind, i blamed that completely on him and because of that we missed the playoffs. but honestly, blaming chokes on the bye week and on injuries? are you freaking kidding me??

    excuses don't get any more pathetic than that.
    "QB's are judged by wins and losses, when they win they get all the credit in the world and win they lose they deserve a good portion of the blame."

    So you're going to believe the same stupid things that the dumb media does. You're going to pin wins and losses on a QB, when you know that is a FALLACY in a team sport. You're going to believe something you know isnt true. WOW! Speaks volumes about you, Baph. You must believe in Santa Claus and the Easter Bunny too. How can you expect anyone around here to take you seriously after admitting that?

    Are you EVER going to get over your post traumatic stress disorder from long ago, when Broncos fans made you cry from saying Rivers choked? Are you really going to hold this entire forum accountable for what a few people say? Or are you going to be a man and get over it, like most people do? Are you going to keep harping on this year after year, decade after decade? Are you this thin-skinned about every little thing in life that upsets you? You must need an airport for all your emotional baggage.

    "you may want to look in the mirror if you get this upset about football smack talk and maybe figure out what your own issues are."

    Thats what YOU need to do! I'm not hung up on things that people say to me around here, like you are. Believe me...nothing you say upsets me. Your smack simply isnt that good enough to do that to me. I have a lot thicker skin than you do. Maybe you need to spend more time away from this Smack Forum. I dont think you can handle what goes on around here. Its smack. Opposing fans are going to light you up if your team and players suck. You've been around here forever...shouldnt you expect this from opposing fans? Pull up the big-boy pants and get over it, dude.

    "except when i talked about special teams i never said rivers wasn't to blame, even though the ST's issues and fumbling were by far their main issue that year. also, yes the OL is the main issue with rivers IMO, did i ever say he is not to blame for the mistakes he made or do i ever say he isn't a choker? i think i have confirmed that he has choked on multiple occasions, i do not deny it like you homers do."

    The specifics you wrote above are not the issue. The issue is...what makes your reasons for the Bolts losing valid and the reasons for the Broncos losing "excuses" as you like to say? What you say about your Bolts' deficiencies is no different than what we say are the Broncos causes for losses. But you seem to think there is a difference....there isnt a difference....Thats just your homerism talking. Two-way street.
    Last edited by mct1967; 06-07-2013 at 05:12 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  



TRUSTe Certified Privacy Seal