Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Well I see some believe that Osweiler is the answer post Manning era and this is a pointless conversation. NOT SO FAST. A lot of people believed the savior of the team was drafted in 2006. Look what happened there, we actually took steps backwards. Seemed like we went backward when good old Jay had the never to say he was as good as Elway. The Broncos have had two great QBs in their history (Elway and Manning)... All the rest have been stop gaps which didn't workout. It is about winning championships otherwise the season is a failure.. So, if Oz can't live up to that kind of expectation then I am sure Elway will look elsewhere. Just saying. We all know what the expectations are in Denver for the Broncos.

Even if Osweiler ends up being terrible, I'm sure Elway will give him every chance to prove himself (being as he hand picked him).

If he lets him play that much, and he is terrible, that will lead to a terrible record.

A terrible record will lead to a high draft pick, which we can use to try to get the next franchise QB.

But let's hope that doesn't happen.

If anything I'd be more willing to trade away picks from 2015 to move up in the 2014 draft.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If anything I'd be more willing to trade away picks from 2015 to move up in the 2014 draft.
    Yeah but that kind of defeats the purpose of giving Oz a chance.... Lol

What makes you think the QB class of 2014 will be better than 2015?

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    Don't count out Dysert completely. He can make every throw and very well could develop into a big ben type behind our oline that won't let him get beat up every play. Minus the rape. I certainly hope he gets an opportunity if Oz isn't panning out, really like the guy.

Quote Originally Posted by theMileHighGuy View Post
    Don't count out Dysert completely. He can make every throw and very well could develop into a big ben type behind our oline that won't let him get beat up every play. Minus the rape. I certainly hope he gets an opportunity if Oz isn't panning out, really like the guy.
    I love how you threw in "minus the rape" so non chalant.

I tried to CP but I gotta spread around first.

Quote Originally Posted by InElwayWeTrust View Post
    Yeah but that kind of defeats the purpose of giving Oz a chance.... Lol

What makes you think the QB class of 2014 will be better than 2015?
    Not necessarily for a QB, the top of this draft class looks exceptional.

Quote Originally Posted by Chronoless View Post
    Was Tom Brady drafted in the first round? was Jamarcus Russell Drafted in the first round? see where I am going?
    Was John Elway Drafted in the first round? Dan Marino? Manning? Manning? Rodgers? Roethlisberger?

Not all great QB's are drafted in the first round, but most are.
    Broncos fan for over 25 years!
    @powder_addict
    2012 Adopted Bronco: PEYTON MANNING

eh...Oz will get his shot, most likely in 2015. None of us will know his potential until he plays a season, and even then it's sometimes hard to tell until year 2 or 3. Draft picks are so valuable, there's no way the FO would trade them in to move up big unless it was abundantly clear that Peyton's successor isn't already on the roster. Remember what happened after Elway retired? Shanny thought he could plug in Griese and we'd still have a playoff team (which might have been true had Griese not overthrown and TD gets his knee taken out). We had to live through 3 seasons of Griese before it was clear to everyone that he wasn't the future. Point is, there will be no cashing in of draft picks for a QB until Oz gets his chance.

Brock is what 6'8"? The only problem with his height is that no QB in NFL that has been 6'7" or taller has been successful in the NFL. We can only hope that Brock is the first.

The important thing with a passing QB is consistent accuracy. That can be developed through practice reps.
    2014 SLEEPERS: M. Huff, Titans; C. Lucas, Lions; S. Barrett, Broncos; C. Davenport, Redskins; T. Cornett, Cardinals; C. Santos, Chiefs; T. Thompson, Falcons.

They seem already impressed with oz's development and he still has 2 more years to sit and learn (I personally think they plan for manning to only be here for these next 2 years and he will retire) and if they are impressed with him now and the reports from OTA's are even half way accurate we shouldn't worry about a QB in any draft

Quote Originally Posted by PowderAddict View Post
    Was John Elway Drafted in the first round? Dan Marino? Manning? Manning? Rodgers? Roethlisberger?

Not all great QB's are drafted in the first round, but most are.
    And the two QB consider to be the greastest of all time because of super bowls wins are drafted when? Joe Montana (3rd round) and Tom Brady (6th Round), some other HoF QB Brett Favre (2nd round), Johnny Unitas (9th), Drew Brees (2nd), we can go on and on al day.

Think about some of the guys you listed too, Dan Marino, Roethlisberger, and Rodger (who not a few years ago was not consider better than Culter, Cassell, Rivers). How many other QB were selected before them? and how many of them are elitie? unless you are going to trade all 2013 picks for 2014's 1st round and draft all availble QB hoping one turn out to be a great QB, you chance of getting one is kind of hard unless you can suck enough to get the #1 overall pick, in a year, you know there is a John Elway, Andrew Luck, Peyton Manning, but you might get a Russell or Alex Smiths instead.

The point I am making is, even if you have high 1st round draft pick its not always a win with QB, and Elway will not be dumb to spend more than one 1st round draft on more than 1 QB, no team is. All teams know John Football is coming out in 2014 ro 2015 Draft, the team that has the #1 overall pick isn't going to trade the Broncos for that pick, because chances are they don't have a QB, and QB are the most seek out position for a bad team.
    Last edited by Chronoless; 06-13-2013 at 07:51 AM.

This topic is great and all, but one thing I believe most are overlooking is that Peyton loves football, so much that if healthy and I do not see why he won't be will finish out his contract. 4 more years of Peyton. Just like Favre, I can see Manning playing til his early 40s and quite honestly still be a top 10 QB.
    Adopted Brono 2013-14 Season: Demaryius Thomas