Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

No new friends !

I see a lot of people wanted to bring in guys like john abraham vonte leach richard seymore etc etc... But we cant we need to keep the cap space and roll it over to next year so we have money to resign our own guys . I think woodyard and decker are up for next year just for starters.

This is a year we need our home grown talent to step up . Ayers is finally getting a chance to start and i know what he brings in terms of run defense but im eager to see if he has developed as a pass rusher. Del rio coached him to be the defensive player of the senior bowl if you can remember that. Im not asking him to have this huge 16 sack season but i think 7-9 is a nice realistic goal for him...

Im putting all my eggs in derek wolfes basket to fill the pass rushing shoes of elvis dumerville . I really think he can be vons counter part. The justin smith to aldon smith of denver . This guy is geting raveing reviews from everybody all off season and im so excited for him. Im looking for him to hit 10 sacksthis year and going forward i believe he can peak in the 12-14 sack per year range . This guys a work aholic theres no reason he cant obtain these goals. Last year he was asked to clear room for von to get to the qb this year i believe he ll be askd to get his own sacks while sometimes i think von will drop to LDE move wolfe inside to DT then bring in shaun phillips to blitz as the RDE in one scenario.

Losing dumerville was a blessing in disguise we cleared a lot of cap space while durastically improving our d line. We finally have DTs that arent pushovers. Vickerson Knighton Williams and Wolfe are a great rotation and hopefully sylvester can offer some disruption up the middle for us this year. 3-5 sacks would be awsome for him in his part time role.

This d line can be scary with von roaming and blitzing from all over behind it. So back to my original point ... No new friends please ! Were good to go guys just sit back and watch this d line go to work !

ಠ◡ಠ ⊙▃⊙ ಠ_ಠ ಠ~ಠ ಥ_ಥ
    I definitely don't think we should be adding anymore people unless there's a versatile guy who will help out on special teams. I'm all about doing whatever we can to keep our young core of stars together. I like a lot of the moves we have made this year, but I don't think we've replaced Doom by any stretch. There was a lot more to his game beyond the stat sheet. The new beef in the middle should go a long way to making offenses one-dimensional, I just hope we let Vonnie football off the chain a little bit more... I know he wants to be the complete linebacker and whatnot but when you have the best pass rusher in the league he needs to be after the passer 100% of the time on 3rd down and not dropping into coverage or playing the flat.

I think weve done more then enough to replace dumberville. Between ayers stepping up into the starting role , derek wolfes breakout season on the horizon and shaun phillips accounting for a few sacks himself we're going to be fine. We drafted sylvester who can tack on a few of his own . Knighton may be good for a few of his own and vickerson is good for his yealry sack or two. Woodyard is a great blitzer chris harris has blitzing ability and mike adams as well. We are not lacking pass rushers thats for sure . And with ayers starting we bolster the run defense that much more which we all know dumerville was a liabilty.

And its about time we adress the elephant in the room here. Dumerville feasted on the less talented tackles of the league and disappeared against top flight competition. Hes not this unblockable force because at times in his career im like god damn dumerville can you step up. And thats the truth

We are one of the top teams that have A LOT of free agents to sign next year. We need every dime of cap space we can save to keep our roster intact. No more rentals. Every spare dime needs to go into our players or we will have a mass exodus at the end of the year.
    http://s30.postimg.org/wji1d8sv5/EM3.jpg
    Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Orlando franklin.

Drake..... Uugh....

I don't agree.I think we need another player to get us over the hump.Rather it's Seymour or Abraham,i think we need a little more nastiness up front.We got rid of Dumervil,he was a lot better than you think.I like the Shaun Phillips pick up but I also think we should pick up Abraham to compliment him.You can never run out of weapons, players get hurt all the time.This team is always one important injury away from winning.

The first year it was Kuper getting hurt.Then last season it was Moreno and McGahee.You can never run out of adding quality players as long as the price is right.I would rather worry about next season when it gets here,instead of worrying about cap space this season.

If we can get Clady to sign a long term deal it will equal the cap space out imo.
    Last edited by BroncoSexyDaddy; 06-18-2013 at 08:25 AM.

I agree to not add more overpriced old players on the team. I do wish they would pick up some more young cheap talent to put in to fill in the 90 spots they are allowed (i think they are at 87 now?). This way, we can have more competition when they start putting on pads. Let em duke it out for a spot!

I think we're going to see a lot of shifting, guys moving around and blitzing from all angles. Jack Del Rios specialty, its going to be a great year! Barring no injuries of course.

I am anxious to see the new DTs on the field.Hopefully,it will make an impact helping to stop the run and getting guys free to get more sacks.If the new additions work out,then we can settle for what we have.Imo we have to see the first preseason game against the 9ers to judge this group.

Anyone we sign from this point forward will be on a 1 year contract so it won't effect our cap next year

We added enough pieces to be better this year than last year, on paper that is. We have the talent to be the #1 defense in the league. There is enough depth to push these guys even harder. Quality of players is more important than Quantity of players. On paper we can be the top team, but games are not played on paper. This is where good coaching comes in, the players will only be as good as the coaching staff allows. It is the coaches that put the players in position to succeed. The players job is to do what is asked of them. If you ask a corner to cover the run, the likelihood of that working decreases. Every player in the NFL has the talent to succeed. Champ would have had a better game against Baltimore, if we had been able to put pressure on Flaco. You give any QB time to throw and they will find a receiver. You must coach to the strength of your players, and I don't think Fox, McCoy or Del Rio did that in the last game.

I don't think anyone wants to hear this, but I believe losing that game could prove to be a good thing in the end. There is nothing like losing, to motivate players and coaches to work even harder. When we lost to Jacksonville in "96" it motivated the players enough to be the first team in history to overcome double digit odds and win a championship, that motivation propelled us to a 14-2 regular season in "98" on route to a 2nd championship. With last seasons finish, the team will be out to prove that was a fluke. One championship will not be enough to prove that. However another back 2 back will put that loss in the category of an unlucky break.

I agree with ya.

The Broncos are undoubtably a top 5 team in the league talent wise and that's enough. If someone goes down, maybe grab a replacement. But it would depend on how comfortable they are with the backups at a position.

They should focus on getting the new acquisitions ready to go and young kids ready to go and work on maximizing every single opportunity possible to win games. Elway should also get to work on Clady and end that crap and get Woodyard in as well.

I defintely expect the Broncos turn their focus from outside FAs to their own players, realistically.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSexyDaddy View Post
    I don't agree.I think we need another player to get us over the hump.Rather it's Seymour or Abraham,i think we need a little more nastiness up front.We got rid of Dumervil,he was a lot better than you think.I like the Shaun Phillips pick up but I also think we should pick up Abraham to compliment him.You can never run out of weapons, players get hurt all the time.This team is always one important injury away from winning.

The first year it was Kuper getting hurt.Then last season it was Moreno and McGahee.You can never run out of adding quality players as long as the price is right.I would rather worry about next season when it gets here,instead of worrying about cap space this season.

If we can get Clady to sign a long term deal it will equal the cap space out imo.
    Totally agree with this. If we are going all in to win a superbowl now, I think this is the better move. Being a top 5 talent is great but if 4 are better than you and/or you get the wrong injuries, that adds up to 0 super bowls. The more talent we add the better chance we have and we have room for more. I remember getting beat in the Jacksonville game and one of the big reasons was our lack of pressure on their qb. We added some parts to address that the next year and won the SB. I'm all into doing the same thing now and getting the best players up front on D as possible to win it all now.

Adopted Bronco---BRANDON MARSHALL
    Blue and Orange for Life and Beyond

To everybody still wanting abraham : while there is no way we bring him in after signing shaun phillips , just think about all the reps he would take away from the gus who ar gonna be the future of this team. Im excited to see Q Smith and what he can offer in a limited role. I think you guys are forgeting about him.

Quote Originally Posted by AirMax View Post
    To everybody still wanting abraham : while there is no way we bring him in after signing shaun phillips , just think about all the reps he would take away from the gus who ar gonna be the future of this team. Im excited to see Q Smith and what he can offer in a limited role. I think you guys are forgeting about him.
    I am the first to admit,I do want Abraham.I believe Abraham would impact a game a lot more and add nastiness to our defense.The only way I sign him is if its within reason.Maybe the same contract we offered Charles Woodson would get it done.As far as Q Smith goes,will he be healthy to start the season.I'm not so sure!