Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    "starter" different from first team as was stated in the release.
    "training camp' vs regular season, we should all know alot can change.
    Motivation, often the foundation behinfd these 'annoncements"
    I think its great we have all 3 contending and believing thaT THEY will be the work-horse of the broncos offense.
    Once again I remind all the enthusiasts that the BEST BLOCKER of the 3 will be the one getting the most PT !

Quote Originally Posted by AZ bronco View Post
    "starter" different from first team as was stated in the release.
    "training camp' vs regular season, we should all know alot can change.
    Motivation, often the foundation behinfd these 'annoncements"
    I think its great we have all 3 contending and believing thaT THEY will be the work-horse of the broncos offense.
    Once again I remind all the enthusiasts that the BEST BLOCKER of the 3 will be the one getting the most PT !
    Best blocker will get the most playing time? no. The best RB will get the most playing time, if it was up to blocking as you assume then we can look forward to jacob hester being our starting RB. The BEST playmaker will be the starter, that involves running/catching the ball, holding on to the ball and blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Best blocker will get the most playing time? no. The best RB will get the most playing time, if it was up to blocking as you assume then we can look forward to jacob hester being our starting RB. The BEST playmaker will be the starter, that involves running/catching the ball, holding on to the ball and blocking.
    FIRST priority is protecting PFM, do you dare dispute this?
    of course that same guy has to offer an offensive threat as a ball carrier or pass catcher, otherwise the guy back there would in fact be an extra Olineman as you suggest.
    ( before you start typing, yes I know hester is a FB )
    of the 3 legitimate contenders for the role of 'featured back"
    H, M, or B, it is without question that the best BLOCKER of the3#, the one most reliable on blitz pick-up will get the most # of snaps and playing time on gameday !
    I hope they each make it a very difficult decision for the coaches .
    as for your hester comment, if HG was on the current roster or MIKE the MARINE, I have zero doubt that THEY would be the 'feature back / starter"

of course that same guy has to offer an offensive threat as a ball carrier or pass catcher, otherwise the guy back there would in fact be an extra Olineman as you suggest.
    H, M, or B, it is without question that the best BLOCKER of the3#, the one most reliable on blitz pick-up will get the most # of snaps and playing time on gameday !
    as for your hester comment, if HG was on the current roster or MIKE the MARINE, I have zero doubt that THEY would be the 'feature back / starter"

Zambini!

Wondered what happened to you chef.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Zambini!

Wondered what happened to you chef.
    what gave me away?
    My poor typing , or defiantly objective perspective?

Its a veteran deal. Hillman has been with us longer (barely). Knowshon is recovering from yet another knee injury so I would assume they would ease him back into things. By the end of camp Ball will be number 1 and Hillman/Moreno will be number 2

2013 Adopt a Bronco: Champ Bailey
    2014 Adopt a Bronco: Marvin Austin

Last year the Dolphins threw Reggie Bush in the doghouse because he was weak in pass pro.

And then they figured out they're allowed to throw it to the running back and they're offense was more potent than ever and Reggie Bush was a beast.

Just saying. A dump off can be just as good as helping double a pass rusher.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post
    Last year the Dolphins threw Reggie Bush in the doghouse because he was weak in pass pro.

And then they figured out they're allowed to throw it to the running back and they're offense was more potent than ever and Reggie Bush was a beast.

Just saying. A dump off can be just as good as helping double a pass rusher.
    Montee can catch the ball too. He actually had better receiving stats than Hillman did in college.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    Montee can catch the ball too. He actually had better receiving stats than Hillman did in college.
    What people forget is that Ronnie was a wideout in high school and had over 2500 receiving yards in 3 years of high school. It was San Diego state that did not use him in the passing game just like Denver did not use him in the passing game which was a huge disappointment for me knowing how versed he was at receiving and running routes.

In 2008 Hillman had 97 rushing attempts for 1251 yards and 14 TDs.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    In 2008 Hillman had 97 rushing attempts for 1251 yards and 14 TDs.
    Montee had INCREDIBLE college stats, i am more than confident he will be starter by the end of camp

SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TDs
    2009 98 391 4.0 35 4
    2010 163 996 6.1 44 18
    2011 307 1923 6.3 54 33
    2012 356 1830 5.1 67 22
    -------
    Official 2012 Adopt-a-Bronco - DT

Quote Originally Posted by SBboundBRONCOS View Post
    Montee had INCREDIBLE college stats, i am more than confident he will be starter by the end of camp

SEASON ATT YDS AVG LNG TDs
    2009 98 391 4.0 35 4
    2010 163 996 6.1 44 18
    2011 307 1923 6.3 54 33
    2012 356 1830 5.1 67 22
    Well that wasn't from college that was from highschool. Hillman only played college ball for two years behind a terrible SDDU offensive line

2010 262 carries for 1,532 yards 17 touchdowns. 5.85 yards per carry

2011 311 carries 1,711 yards 19 touchdowns. 5.5 yards per carry

And over a 1000 yards receiving and was not the primary running back in high school even though he could have been he was moved all over to cause match up problems

I don't want to knock Hillman, he can play a big role for us, but I don't see any realistic way he can compete for the starting job.

If Montee can pick up protections, and he has already been working hard with PM on that, then he's the obvious choice. He was a round 2 selection, he has good size and strength and can run between the tackles.

There has been rumblings that with the help of Gibbs we will have more of a zone blocking running system.......... well, Wisconsin ARE a zone running offense so Ball knows how to run that.

I see Hillman as a nice COP back, who can be used on occasions in the passing game and running the ball, hopefully we can get him into space.

but as an everydown back, and espeically 3rd and short / goal-line, Montee is streets ahead.

IMO Its not realistic to expect Hillman to be a starter in this league, whether your a fan of his or not.

and I would bet any money that Elway and Fox picked Montee in the 2nd with the expectation of him starting week one and being our main back.

A recent report -

Rookie Montee Ball is locked in as the Broncos' feature back following the release of Willis McGahee.

Ronnie Hillman is a change-of-pace option and there's no guarantee Knowshon Moreno (knee surgery) will even make the final roster. The Broncos used a second-round pick on Ball for a reason; they're going to ride him as a feature back.

A downhill runner with a one-cut style that fits the scheme, Ball is a surefire RB2 with RB1 upside in Denver's high-powered offense. McGahee and Moreno combined for 305 carries, 1,256 yards and eight touchdowns last season.