Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Julius Thomas

Julius Thomas

What do you expect from Orange Julius this season? Projections?

His blocking was much much much better then expected so I wouldn't be surprised at all if he is the starter and gets 50% of the reps at TE. I don't see anything from the other TE that really justify taking him off the field

Julius' blocking is good and can get better. There were a number of formations with Thomas and Green both tight, and with Thomas off in Trey or Wing. The two sometimes tumbled and Thomas was in motion a couple of times.

When the Broncos have 12 personnel, Thomas and Green look good. When Thomas is off LOS and able to motion, he creates major matchup problems for the D. When the Broncos play the Seahawks in a week, the matchups between Denver's receivers and Seattle's secondary will be interesting.

There have been some who thought Julius Thomas would be released this year. He is a good example of how the Broncos will find a way to keep a young player and work to develop him.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

"If you really want play-action, you better pull a guard." ~ Greg Roman

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Julius' blocking is good and can get better. There were a number of formations with Thomas and Green both tight, and with Thomas off in Trey or Wing. The two sometimes tumbled and Thomas was in motion a couple of times.

When the Broncos have 12 personnel, Thomas and Green look good. When Thomas is off LOS and able to motion, he creates major matchup problems for the D. When the Broncos play the Seahawks in a week, the matchups between Denver's receivers and Seattle's secondary will be interesting.

There have been some who thought Julius Thomas would be released this year. He is a good example of how the Broncos will find a way to keep a young player and work to develop him.
    Agreed! All those people who thought JT would be released have no idea what player development is which Elway has built this team on. They didnt want to wait for JT and wanted to burn another draft pick on another TE, just like our MLB spot and wanted the bum manti Te'o who got tossed around

I'm eager to see his development as his confidence grows. I doubt opposing DC's are looking forward to another offensive weapon in our arsenal as much.

As always, a great observation Sam.

Do you expect him to start over Tamme and Dreessen?

Quote Originally Posted by gbill2004 View Post
    Do you expect him to start over Tamme and Dreessen?
    If he's a decent blocker I don't see how they can justify keeping him off the field. He's obviously our best receiving talent at TE and if he blocks pretty decent then there's no reason for him not to get the bulk of the reps

It's good to see Orange Julius get some PT even if it is because of injuries. This may be the season he gets his chance to grab that spot. I think they will mix him in with Tamme and Dreesen early in the season and if he keeps making plays and Peyton trusts him then he may be the starter by mid-season. I keep telling people here in NC he is a fantasy sleeper, grab him late and stash him.

Question .. Why do people call him Orange Julius?

Quote Originally Posted by Justblaze2729 View Post
    Orange Julius is a drink made by a company of the same name. Orange Julius used to be big in malls, but I don't see them around as much any more and I guess they are now in some Dairy Queens. I love Orange Julius. Great drink

From that, I'm sure you can figure out why Julius Thomas, playing for the Broncos, might be called "Orange Julius"... LOL

http://youtube.com/watch?v=np-jZFP3olk

Well Son, there are the bee's and the Bird's .......and Orange Julius.....go ask your mother..

I think it was Cecil Lammey who coined the name in the early year one training camp reports...

Quote Originally Posted by jgod654 View Post
    I think it was Cecil Lammey who coined the name in the early year one training camp reports...
    Ooooooook...

Sam did you see those few plays - I think 3rd downs- when both TE's went in motion to the other side? I haven't been able to go back over that game but something was funky with that play. That wasn't something you usually see is it? What was going on there? Just some misdirection? A way for the offense to see how the D adjusts so that they know what kind of D they're in? It just looked odd to me.

He is the best TE on the team and was getting nice separation in the preseason game

I am sure Dreesen will be heavily involved as well
    But I bet Thomas gets the most snaps barring injury

I could see like 600 yards and 8 TDs for him