Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Thank you Housh for covering what I was going to say.
    Ok don't even count the fumble, lets just talk about the dropped passes that are 100% catchable. I will take drop passes from DT because he is 3 times more explosive then decker and could score anytime he touches the ball but decker just doesn't bring enough to the table that if he doesn't figure the drops out I wouldn't be able to justify a good number 2 wr contract on him. We have the TE, the slot receiver, the number 1 and decker is supposed to be the big possession receiver which he hasn't come close too. I hope he can turn it around but it's hard when he has a play every game that makes me hope we don't resign him

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    Ok don't even count the fumble, lets just talk about the dropped passes that are 100% catchable. I will take drop passes from DT because he is 3 times more explosive then decker and could score anytime he touches the ball but decker just doesn't bring enough to the table that if he doesn't figure the drops out I wouldn't be able to justify a good number 2 wr contract on him. We have the TE, the slot receiver, the number 1 and decker is supposed to be the big possession receiver which he hasn't come close too. I hope he can turn it around but it's hard when he has a play every game that makes me hope we don't resign him
    So are you not satisfied with the way he played last season? He had 13 touchdowns for us and was money in the red zone. He has had some drops and that annoys me just as much as the next guy, but those are fixable, just like fumbling is fixable (Moreno), just like tackling is fixable (Rahim Moore). He has had some bumps in the road but that's part of the NFL, every player has had off games, Decker hasn't had too many in his career to have me degrade his production, which is top end for a number 2 receiver.

so i don't think i am gonna see eye with crash123go. we disagree on beadles and i will disagree on decker. your telling me 84 catches over 1000 yards and 13 td isn't good enough to be a high number 2 contract. most teams wish there number 2 would get over 1000 yards and over 10 td in a season

new york giants GM
    more details to be posted

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    so i don't think i am gonna see eye with crash123go. we disagree on beadles and i will disagree on decker. your telling me 84 catches over 1000 yards and 13 td isn't good enough to be a high number 2 contract. most teams wish there number 2 would get over 1000 yards and over 10 td in a season
    Stats on touchdowns are great but if he can't be reliable on a 3rd like against the giants and ravens when manning hit him right in the hands on a 3rd down play and decker dropped them I don't think he's worth as much. I would rather have the consistent and reliable third down machine that catches everything then someone who clings to the 13 touchdowns. A reliable wide receiver is more important then a one like decker. That's the problem with both beadles and decker, they lack consistency and reliability and you can ignore that if you want but it doesn't mean that those problems don't exist because they do and the tape doesn't lie

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    So are you not satisfied with the way he played last season? He had 13 touchdowns for us and was money in the red zone. He has had some drops and that annoys me just as much as the next guy, but those are fixable, just like fumbling is fixable (Moreno), just like tackling is fixable (Rahim Moore). He has had some bumps in the road but that's part of the NFL, every player has had off games, Decker hasn't had too many in his career to have me degrade his production, which is top end for a number 2 receiver.
    Decker has had problems with catching easy passes for 4 years since he was drafted. I was hoping he would turn it around this year and still hope he does but right now he hasn't done that well

Decker has had problems with catching easy passes for 4 years since he was drafted. I was hoping he would turn it around this year and still hope he does but right now he hasn't done that well
    Last year Decker had 8 drops on 123 targets for a 6.5% drop rate. Demaryius had 10 drops on 141 targets. Welker had 10 drops on 175 targets for a 5.71% drop rate.

In 2011 Decker had 4 drops on 96 targets for a 4.17% drop rate. Demaryius had 6 on 69 targets for 8.7% drop rate.

Decker had 1 drop on 8 targets in 2010, that's not even close to a decent sample size. Demaryius had 2 on 39 targets, 5.13% drop rate.

He's had 4 drops this year in 2 career bad games. So what. It's not the end of the world like you pretend it is. The rest of his career when both of them saw more than 40 targets Decker has been a more reliable catcher than Demaryius.

You myths about how Decker has butterfingers and isn't a good #2 receiver are complete crap. You act like we can just go out and replace Decker with someone that has Demaryius' talent. This is the best receiving corps in the league and 2 bad games isn't reason to dump a guy who would be #2 on nearly any team in the league and #1 on half of them.

You have something personal against the guy, admit it. There's no basis for what you're saying.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/

Adopt-A-Poster: Peanut , MarkB

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Last year Decker had 8 drops on 123 targets for a 6.5% drop rate. Demaryius had 10 drops on 141 targets. Welker had 10 drops on 175 targets for a 5.71% drop rate.

In 2011 Decker had 4 drops on 96 targets for a 4.17% drop rate. Demaryius had 6 on 69 targets for 8.7% drop rate.

Decker had 1 drop on 8 targets in 2010, that's not even close to a decent sample size. Demaryius had 2 on 39 targets, 5.13% drop rate.

He's had 4 drops this year in 2 career bad games. So what. It's not the end of the world like you pretend it is. The rest of his career when both of them saw more than 40 targets Decker has been a more reliable catcher than Demaryius.

You myths about how Decker has butterfingers and isn't a good #2 receiver are complete crap. You act like we can just go out and replace Decker with someone that has Demaryius' talent. This is the best receiving corps in the league and 2 bad games isn't reason to dump a guy who would be #2 on nearly any team in the league and #1 on half of them.

You have something personal against the guy, admit it. There's no basis for what you're saying.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2012/
    Like I said dont compare DT to decker, decker doesn't do enough to warrant the drops. DT is our most explosive offensive weapon and can score anytime he touches the ball. I like decker, I just want him to be more consistent and this year has started off bad in a contract year. If he isn't the consistent 3rd down machine we need him to be then what is he? Cause teams are going to start doubling welker, JT and DT on 3rd down cause they know decker will drop it without being covered

Like I said dont compare DT to decker, decker doesn't do enough to warrant the drops. DT is our most explosive offensive weapon and can score anytime he touches the ball. I like decker, I just want him to be more consistent and this year has started off bad in a contract year. If he isn't the consistent 3rd down machine we need him to be then what is he? Cause teams are going to start doubling welker, JT and DT on 3rd down cause they know decker will drop it without being covered
    Who out there would be better than Decker in your opinion as a 2 receiver?

Adopt-A-Poster: Peanut , MarkB

I like Decker a lot, but I don't think I would be willing to give him a big contract. I feel like he can be replaced if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by housemouse View Post
    I like Decker a lot, but I don't think I would be willing to give him a big contract. I feel like he can be replaced if need be.
    Sums up how I feel as well. I would love to keep Decker but Franklin, Harris, DT, Woody, Von, and DRC are all more important imo. If Decker wants to stay for average #2 money awesome, if not than I am fine with letting him walk.
    Backing Moreno, Ayers, and Smith for 09.
    Supporting this staff!
    Yes, I know my name is outdated, too lazy to care though hah = )

I'd love to keep Decker but if we need money aside for Thomas then I don't mind seeing him walk. It's the nature of the beast. If he wants too much money then we need to cut ties.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Who out there would be better than Decker in your opinion as a 2 receiver?
    I wish Stefon Diggs was coming out this season, the dude looks like he can be an explosive super star with Peyton Manning throwing the ball.

Sadly, as much as a Decker fan as I am, that guy is a train wreck. Even his good day last week was littered with bonehead moves. I would hate to see him go but would hate to keep him at the cost of that other talent that we need to re-sign.
    http://s30.postimg.org/wji1d8sv5/EM3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Sadly, as much as a Decker fan as I am, that guy is a train wreck. Even his good day last week was littered with bonehead moves. I would hate to see him go but would hate to keep him at the cost of that other talent that we need to re-sign.
    There are 44 receivers with 5 or more catches I can say ild rather have more right now. Hes in single coverage and getting open more often then anyone but hes dropped more passes

Hes a disappointment hes supposed to be a reliable receiver, like rod smith. We need someone like Nate Burleson is now who can be a safety blanket.

Eddie Royals starting to look like a more reliable receiver

I am surprised we havent seen Jordan Matthews posts as a cousin of Jerry Rice, the blood enthusiasts would be all over this guy. Hes not athletic but hes a reliable receiver probably the 2nd most reliable receiver after Tulanes Ryan Grant. Yet he faces better talent
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 09-23-2013 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshecalpoly View Post
    There are 44 receivers with 5 or more catches I can say ild rather have more right now. t
    Which 44 are better than him?

I've said before it really depends how much he's looking for.