Page 97 of 98 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 LastLast
Results 1,441 to 1,455 of 1470
    Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    Love them or hate them?? Yes this is a question. Really isn't a happy medium with these guys. Was the "mainstream" metal of my early teens.

i feel the same way about them as a i do Korn....loved the first album and a couple songs from the second but after that? not so much.

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

CP to the first one that can tell me what all these songs have in common. other than the fact that these are all Numetal bands and their first albums.

yes i'm bored

I'm all in....Chargers fan FOR LIFE!.......worse than getting the electric chair!

babymetal - the baby

these guys are actually pretty talented, this stuff i can listen to all day, babymetal.... not so much.

Downloaded the new All That Remains album yesterday. By far my favorite album of 2017 so far.

The first track Safe House I've listened to 7-8 times already.

I would post it but I'm on mobile.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Downloaded the new All That Remains album yesterday. By far my favorite album of 2017 so far.

The first track Safe House I've listened to 7-8 times already.

I would post it but I'm on mobile.
    I don't know much about these guys, but they're playing a show about 20 minutes from where I live coming up.

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I don't know much about these guys, but they're playing a show about 20 minutes from where I live coming up.
    They are very mainstream. They go back to the 90's. The last two albums have been way more radio friendly than how they started out.

The album has two tracks that don't sound like metal at all. But then safe house mentioned above is very very heavy. So several ranges of variety.

I don't gather mainstream is super popular in here from what I've read but I do see people reference popular bands every now and again.

I had to mention this one because it's pretty great start to finish. I've listened to the top half probably 7-8 times this weekend.
    Last edited by DenverBlood; 04-30-2017 at 07:09 PM.

https://youtu.be/qFnE2_pEFJo
    https://youtu.be/uMQuo1Bf1dg

Two distinctly different styles but the same band in both.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    They are very mainstream. They go back to the 90's. The last two albums have been way more radio friendly than how they started out.

The album has two tracks that don't sound like metal at all. But then safe house mentioned above is very very heavy. So several ranges of variety.

I don't gather mainstream is super popular in here from what I've read but I do see people reference popular bands every now and again.

I had to mention this one because it's pretty great start to finish. I've listened to the top half probably 7-8 times this weekend.
    yeah, it depends on what you are talking about, pantera, anthrax, and slayer for example are considered mainstream metal and i love them. but i'm just not a fan of a lot of the newer mainstream metal that sounds like alternative metal.

most people hate a lot of the stuff i like though so it's cool

like that!

i hold back with a lot of the stuff i post because i will either get an infraction for it or i know nobody will like it. i like the raw underground evil sounding metal, that's why i like black metal a lot but rarely post it.
    Last edited by baphamet; 04-30-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    yeah, it depends on what you are talking about, pantera, anthrax, and slayer for example are considered mainstream metal and i love them. but i'm just not a fan of a lot of the newer mainstream metal that sounds like alternative metal.

most people hate a lot of the stuff i like though so it's cool

like that!

i hold back with a lot of the stuff i post because i will either get an infraction for it or i know nobody will like it. i like the raw underground evil sounding metal, that's why i like black metal a lot but rarely post it.
    Yeah I have limitations on darker metal. If it sounds too much like the devil or someone doing horror movie screaming I usually can't take it.

But there are ways they can do it where if I can still understand them I'm ok with it. Like safe house above or like pretty much anything 5FDP does.

But even All that remains if I go back to their 90's beginning albums I'm not a fan.

Those growls though!!

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    Those growls though!!

thanks for posting, it meets Baph's metal seal of approval.

a little music genre smack for ya......

the country music thread = 49,750 views

the heavy metal thread = 92,429 views

clearly, metal > country

Quote Originally Posted by baphamet View Post
    the country music thread = 49,750 views

the heavy metal thread = 92,429 views

clearly, metal > country
    I mean wasn't this obvious!?

The masses are wrong 99% of the time, we all knew their country bumpkin music had nothing on all that is heavy metal!

Weird I like this song....don't usually like Mastodon.

I bought the new Metallica, I won't lie lol. There's some great riffs on the thing, but they'll never be able to recapture what once was. Ive been listening to Trendkill, Lightning, Pray For Villains, and some Tool in my ride. I'll never find anything to replace Pantera, and I've always talked about how closed minded metal heads are, and I'm probably the most closed minded out of all of us who post in this thread even though I don't listen to the heaviest or evil crap. I like what I like, and that's about it. I can think of a handful of bands I actually like since the year 2000, and that's it people.