Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: CP from mobile

Quote Originally Posted by RunYouOver View Post
    As of now, the only option to CP on mobile is to enable desktop mode on the chrome browser for mobile phones, or use Dolphin Browser or another web app that has a setting to show desktop versions of mobile sites. We'll work on improving the mobile integration, but no promises on anything happening in the immediate future.
    Thanks, I'll try Chrome.....

I'd still like to ask this as a future upgrade to the mobile site. I know I can view the full site on my mobile but it it's clunky on a small device.

Adding the ability to include url, image, quote tags without having to write them out on a mobile would be outright amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    I'd still like to ask this as a future upgrade to the mobile site. I know I can view the full site on my mobile but it it's clunky on a small device.

Adding the ability to include url, image, quote tags without having to write them out on a mobile would be outright amazing.
    I've been asking (not recently, though). Mods would actually be able to moderate on mobile. I know, not your priority.

I'll check again.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Still would like to see this added.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoholic JS View Post
    Still would like to see this added.
    As I said in the other thread, we are looking into it. This is something that we have no control over.

I know it gets frustrating. We have a number of mods who use mobile. We do appreciate you all being so patient and understanding.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    As I said in the other thread, we are looking into it. This is something that we have no control over.

I know it gets frustrating. We have a number of mods who use mobile. We do appreciate you all being so patient and understanding.

I'd love to get on the site without having to go mobile for some reason it picks up I'm on iPad or iPhone and sticks me in mobile it severely limits what I can do.

I'd love to be able to go to settings to see if any of the threads I'm in are active. but NO it won't let me.

I have no problem switching to the desktop site from my phone now. Giving CP's from my phone is not a problem either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Using Chrome on your phone you'll need to open the browser menu by clicking the the dots in the right of the address bar then click the "Request desktop site" check box. That will let you switch back and forth between the full and mobile versions of the site on a phone.

Presumably FF and Safari both have similar features.

Tablets are often treated like a desktop (depending on screen size) which is why you probably get the full site to start.
    In case anyone missed this from the other thread. It works. It might not be the easy, quick fix some want, but it does work.

I will probably be merging some of the mobile threads later.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I have no problem switching to the desktop site from my phone now. Giving CP's from my phone is not a problem either.
    Good to hear.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    what operating system are you using?

I can't switch to the desktop on my phone. When I select full site at the bottom of the page it remains on the mobile site.

I'd love to know how to access the full site from my mobile (galaxy 5) if someone had figured a way around the mobile site.

Will cp capability ever be added to the mobile site?

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I can't switch to the desktop on my phone. When I select full site at the bottom of the page it remains on the mobile site.

I'd love to know how to access the full site from my mobile (galaxy 5) if someone had figured a way around the mobile site.

I don't even know if I received cp when in mobile I have just accepted I probably will never really cp anyone outside the rare occasion that I am on my computer when surfing this site.

And that involves me remembering to do so which I usually forget to go on a cp giving spite when I get on the computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post

What browser are you using? If it's chrome click the 3 dots on the top right and then hit "request desktop site"

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    What browser are you using? If it's chrome click the 3 dots on the top right and then hit "request desktop site"
    I think FF is the same.

CPing from mobile is doable.

Nice phone, Al.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I think FF is the same.

CPing from mobile is doable.

Nice phone, Al.
    I believe it probably is doable it is just very non user friendly. You either switch to fill desktop which takes you to a format not great for people with big time because I constantly hit the wrong buttons or have to zoom really far in and it becomes a Hassel to just cp someone.

So I just stay on the mobile site and rarely cp which stinks but it is just a pain to cp from mobile. Wish there was an easier way without having to switch views and zoom and switch back just to cp someone.

Just my 2 cents.