Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Denver Broncos 2014 Opponents Announced!!

http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...8-8396bffab150

Broncos Will Remain Stateside in 2014

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. – On Oct. 8, the NFL announced that there would be three games played in London next season with Jacksonville, Atlanta and Oakland hosting teams at Wembley Stadium.

While games at Atlanta and at Jacksonville aren’t on Denver’s 2014 list of future opponents, a trip to Oakland is.

However, any speculation as to whether the Broncos would return to the United Kingdom for another matchup in London next season ended on Thursday as the league announced the three opponents for those games.

The Cowboys will play the Jaguars, the Lions will face the Falcons and the Dolphins will square off against the Raiders. Dates and times of those games have not been announced.

Denver played in the fourth annual International Series game, falling 24-16 to the San Francisco 49ers on Oct. 31, 2010. That game drew 83,941 fans, which marked the fifth-largest crowd to take in a Broncos regular-season contest.

“Our fans in the UK continue to demonstrate their passion for more football,” NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell said. “Next year for the first time we will play three regular-season games in London. We have scheduled three attractive games with four teams playing in their first International Series game. The growing enthusiasm for the NFL internationally is exciting and we look forward to continuing to respond to this interest in our game.”

The Jaguars, who face the San Francisco 49ers in London on Sunday, committed to playing a home game in the UK in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, all at Wembley. Miami will make its second visit to London for a regular-season game after hosting the New York Giants in the inaugural International Series contest in 2007. Atlanta, Dallas, Detroit, and Oakland will all play their first international regular-season game next season.

The International Series has increased NFL fan interest in the UK, with a current fan base of more than 12 million, including 2.5 million avid fans, a 30 percent increase in avid fans in the past two years.

The Minnesota Vikings’ thrilling 34-27 win over the Pittsburgh Steelers in London on September 29 drew a crowd of 83,518 to Wembley. The day before, more than 520,000 people attended a football festival on London’s famed Regent Street, enjoying football-themed games and attractions, including visits from Vikings’ and Steelers’ players and coaches.

Television ratings have shown substantial growth in the UK since 2006 – with Sunday viewership of NFL games almost doubling and the Super Bowl audience having increased 75 percent. The league also has developed new and stronger business partnerships.

Participation in amateur football in the UK has risen since the start of the International Series, growing by approximately 15 percent per year since 2007.

2014 Broncos Opponents
    HOME AWAY
    Kansas City Chiefs Kansas City Chiefs
    Oakland Raiders Oakland Raiders
    San Diego Chargers San Diego Chargers
    Buffalo Bills New England Patriots
    Miami Dolphins New York Jets
    Arizona Cardinals St. Louis Rams
    San Francisco 49ers Seattle Seahawks
    AFC South* AFC North*
    *Team from that division that finishes in the same place in the 2013 standings as the Broncos.

Home games in bold

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

We play NE in Foxboro AGAIN???? This is getting me irritated.

Playing in Seattle is going to be a fun game to watch

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    It will be the third year in a row,that the team will be at Foxboro -_-

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoooJohnson View Post
    Playing in Seattle is going to be a fun game to watch

I will not be shocked,if the NFL made that a Sunday Night game....
    Denver Broncos -13-3

Gonna be another tough schedule.

Chiefs at Chiefs
    Patriots
    49ers
    Seahawks
    Indy
    Ravens
    Chargers

Wow. 6 potential games which we could lose or win by one possession.

10-6 to 13-3 max for next year unless we have some drastic changes or those teams do.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    It's not as lopsided as you think ..you can't count the tebow playoff game in New England . Pre tebow the patriots played 4 out of 6 in denver . So it evens out.
    Last edited by Justblaze2729; 10-24-2013 at 10:29 AM.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Niners, Seahawks, and Pats games are primetime.

At least 2 on SNF.

Maybe the Pats is a standard 4 PM game.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

Better win the SB this year.

Next year is going to be an insane gauntlet with chiefs twice, Pats, Niners and Seahawks.

And let's go ahead and say it. The AFC south game will be the Colts.

And it's looking like the North could be the Bengals.

Well that's assuming we come back and win the West this year.

If not it will be slightly easier.

Quote Originally Posted by assassin216 View Post
    It will be the third year in a row,that the team will be at Foxboro -_-

I will not be shocked,if the NFL made that a Sunday Night game....
    It will be prime time for sure. IMO Sunday Night Football is the best prime time game, so I would be inclined to agree.

Quote Originally Posted by ERoyal248 View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say the Niners, Seahawks, and Pats games are primetime.

At least 2 on SNF.

Maybe the Pats is a standard 4 PM game.
    I'd definitely say those games along with 2 divisional prime time games. We lead the NFL in prime time games over the course of 2011-2013, so I think we get the maximum again. Seattle, SF, New England, KC, and Oakland are my bets (Oakland is prime time every year it seems like).

From the vantage point at this time, I would say this will be a brutal schedule. But, who knows when it comes down to it.
    My Adopt-a-Bronco Player is Manning's favorite = Ryan Clady

Brock will have his work cut out for him. Glad I get to go to the Jets/Broncos matchup again!

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Brock will have his work cut out for him. Glad I get to go to the Jets/Broncos matchup again!
    You trying to start a message board riot?

Are you serious with being in Foxborough again? How does this always happen?