Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

DE Michael Sam, Mizzou

For those who don't know, Sam is having a breakout year. So far he has 32 tackles, 16 being for a loss, and 10 sacks. He's got good size (6'3 255) and great burst to fit into the DE/OLB role that Phillips and Ayers play. I've been watching him a lot lately, and he reminds me a lot of John Abraham in the way he plays the run and pass. Would you draft Sam?

What about if news came out that he was gay?
    Last edited by THEdraftnik; 11-03-2013 at 11:49 AM.

I would love to sign him because I don't think we will be able to keep Phillips and Ayers after this season. I would love to sign both and draft Sams because you can never have enough pass rushers

Nice find.

How would you say he compares to Kony Ealy? I see Ealy is a bit bigger at 6'4"-275. I watched a bit of Mizzou tonight, and their defense looks big and athletic.

Another pass rusher to watch is Georgia Tech's Jeremiah Attaochu (6'3"-245), who is an OLB/DE hybrid and projected in the Top 75 or so...and Gil Brandt has Utah DE/OLB Trevor Reilly highly ranked and in his top 20 Sr's. His Youtube highlights show him standing up at OLB and dropping into coverage pretty well for a big guy (6'5"-255). Brandt says he is highly athletic and has great pass rush potential
    Last edited by Idiot_Kicker; 11-02-2013 at 08:46 PM.

I'd probably go with zadarius smith, he's more of a project but he has tremendous size and athleticism

You guys are somewhat missing the topic, I'll edit and make it bigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Idiot_Kicker View Post
    Nice find.

How would you say he compares to Kony Ealy? I see Ealy is a bit bigger at 6'4"-275. I watched a bit of Mizzou tonight, and their defense looks big and athletic.

Another pass rusher to watch is Georgia Tech's Jeremiah Attaochu (6'3"-245), who is an OLB/DE hybrid and projected in the Top 75 or so...and Gil Brandt has Utah DE/OLB Trevor Reilly highly ranked and in his top 20 Sr's. His Youtube highlights show him standing up at OLB and dropping into coverage pretty well for a big guy (6'5"-255). Brandt says he is highly athletic and has great pass rush potential
    Ealy looks raw and not explosive to me. He's a former linebacker so I think his best fit is at strong side Rushbacker in a 3-4. He won't have to go against the elite left tackles as much there and his lack of violence as a pass rusher will be masked a little. He's good at setting an edge and he's smart enough to know when to go for the swat... So he does have some tools to work with, but I'm not sure I like his fit in our defense.

I thought Jeremiah would break out this year and be looked at as a first rounder, so he's disappointed a little so far.

I haven't seen Reilly play but I hope to soon.

Sam looks good i haven't had much of a chance really watch me. i liked what i saw from jeremy last year. what about Shaqile calhoun from Michigan state

new york giants GM
    more details to be posted

Absolutely!! I'm a Mizzou fan and have been saying for the past few year Denver should be looking at the NFL caliber talent coming out of Columbia! I was pushing for Denver to draft Sheldon Richardson last year, IMO a better choice then Sylvester Williams.

Sam would make a great pick, add a pass rushing highly athletic DE.
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by redneckrocker View Post
    Absolutely!! I'm a Mizzou fan and have been saying for the past few year Denver should be looking at the NFL caliber talent coming out of Columbia! I was pushing for Denver to draft Sheldon Richardson last year, IMO a better choice then Sylvester Williams.

Sam would make a great pick, add a pass rushing highly athletic DE.
    tou realise that richardson was drafted way before syl war right?

new york giants GM

Michael Sam has racked up some great stats. Aaron Donald, Trent Murphy, Jay Bromley... Shaquil Barrett. Some good pass rushers this year.
    2014 SLEEPERS: M. Huff, Titans; C. Lucas, Lions; S. Barrett, Broncos; C. Davenport, Redskins; T. Cornett, Cardinals; C. Santos, Chiefs; T. Thompson, Falcons.

This offseason is going to be important I believe. In this draft we will either make a commitment to shift to the 3-4 or stay with the 4-3. We won't be drafting another dumervil to start at DE opposite of miller, they want some size. Gone are the days of undersized players that were half our team in the shanahan era. The smallest I see us going at DE if 270

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    This offseason is going to be important I believe. In this draft we will either make a commitment to shift to the 3-4 or stay with the 4-3. We won't be drafting another dumervil to start at DE opposite of miller, they want some size. Gone are the days of undersized players that were half our team in the shanahan era. The smallest I see us going at DE if 270
    how can you say that both rookies around Q. smith is only 255 and john youboty(who is on the ps) is 258think derek wolfe and malik jackson where drafted to be atheletic interior rushers. its defitnally where both get there best pressure

new york giants GM

Then I was right Richardson was a better choice.

No I don't memorize every pick by every team, usually just check the updates of who the Broncos select in the draft.

My main point is yea Sam would be a great pick IMO, and Mizzou Football has been churning out good NFL talent for years.
    What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    how can you say that both rookies around Q. smith is only 255 and john youboty(who is on the ps) is 258think derek wolfe and malik jackson where drafted to be atheletic interior rushers. its defitnally where both get there best pressure
    Your talking about a 5th round pick and a UDFA who could be rush backers for all we know. If anyone looks at our roster they will see a 3-4 team playing in the 4-3. Your also talking about Quanterus smith who is 6'5 and John youboty who is 6'4. Both players could easily roll into camp next year at 275. Gone are the days of undersized, small lineman.

Michael Sam the first openly gay NFL player?

"@AdamSchefter: Missouri DE Michael Sam, a projected mid-round pick, said today he's gay. Story now on ESPN2."
    What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
    I don't know and I don't care