Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ej Gaines CB

I really like this kid I think he would fill a need for us with Bailey coming to the end of a great career. We could probably grab him with our 2nd or trade up in the 3rd.
    What do you guys think of him?
    From CBS
    STRENGTHS: Gaines sports a well-defined build for the position. The combination of his broad-shouldered, long-armed frame and very good overall athleticism makes him a tough draw for any pass-catcher. Has alternately lined up in press or off-man on most snaps, showing the fluid hips to turn and run with receivers, as well as very good lateral agility and balance and speed to burn. He anticipates routes well, under-cutting receivers to remain between them and the quarterback and has quick, active hands. Gaines is a reliable open-field tackler. Gaines' ability to avoid blockers and wrap securely make him a frequent blitz threat off the edge.
    WEAKNESSES: Gaines is a classic grab and drag tackler, only occasionally dropping his shoulder to provide an impactful hit. Scouts would like to see him turn more of his many career passes broken up into interceptions. More of a hitter than a tackler at times, and needs to avoid dropping his head on contact.

He was on my preseason watch list and I haven't been disappointed. I think he will go in the 2nd

He looks good to me as well, also he shut down mike Evans last week

He might be the best CB prospect in the draft IMO. He lacks elite timed speed and is only average height but he has everything else. Excellent at blanket coverage, physical, looks back for the ball, durable, etc. The guy should be a late 1st rounder.

Players I like for the first three rounds

Just some guys that I like for each round of the first three rounds. I wanna hear your opinions on these players.

Round 1:
    Darqueze Dennard (not sure if he'll be there but I like him a lot)
    Trent Murphy (Position of need and outstanding this year)
    Round 2:
    Christian Jones (Big athletic ILB)
    Brandon Coleman (Decker staying or going?)
    Round 3:
    Yawin Smallwood (Big athletic ILB like Jones)
    Tre Jackson G FSU

Thanks

Jay Bromley: Syracuse: Mid-Late Round Pick

I've been watching Syracuse a lot this year and the DT Jay Bromley looks very dominant when he plays although he consistently gets double teamed he finds a way to put pressure on the QB.

6'3 285lbs

9 Sacks

3 Forced Fumbles

34 Total Tackles

Named to all ACC 3rd Team

Considered All american fourth team by Phil Steele http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootba..._syracuse.html

http://www.optimumscouting.com/draft...the-radar.html

http://www.nfldraftscout.com/ratings...2014&genpos=DT

He could be a steal in the late rounds. Character kid with amazing skills and work ethic

With the stats you quoted, sounds like he will go earlier than mid round. I would love to see him in a Broncos uniform! Thanks for bringing him to our attention.

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    With the stats you quoted, sounds like he will go earlier than mid round. I would love to see him in a Broncos uniform! Thanks for bringing him to our attention.
    CBSSports says he is a little small to be a 3 down lineman. Must be in rotation, but can create pressure.

Personally I like Easily from Florida. His injury history may push him down, but dude can ball from DT spot.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    CBSSports says he is a little small to be a 3 down lineman. Must be in rotation, but can create pressure.

Personally I like Easily from Florida. His injury history may push him down, but dude can ball from DT spot.
    I know Easley is a beast too.he went to Curtis High School the same school as Steven Gregory(Patriots)..I played against him in high school. And I went to Flushing High School with Bromley. A lot of great athletes come out of NY although it may not seem like it.

As much as I LOVE Florida, I don't trust Easley. He's too small and injury-prone
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Linden... I like this kid a lot!!!! If you see him in my later mocks it's because of you. Great find. I too feel like he will go earlier. Last year i was blasted for saying if Chris Jones played for a bigger school he would go day two. He was cut by the Texans and picked up by the patriots and is doing darn good. Interior lineman with drive and pass rush moves like him are steals.

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    As much as I LOVE Florida, I don't trust Easley. He's too small and injury-prone
    His strength compensates for him being smaller. He is twice as explosive as a 320lbs DT and stops the run at the same level. I see him as a better dlineman prospect then will sutton

I can't see denver drafting a situational DT this year. Hell, I can't really see them drafting any kind if DT this year.

Malik Jackson is a beast rushing from the interior and IMO will take Ayers spot as DE on running downs. Then we have 4 true DT's and another guy in Wolfe that can slide inside.

I like Dennard. He shutdown receivers all year long. I liked his performance against Ohio State and he held his own.

I like Trent Murphy too. Besides Clowney, Murphy is probably my favorite DE.

I liked Christian Jones coming into the year, but I see Lamarcus Joyner making more plays on defense for FSU than Jones.

I was in awe of Coleman's size (6'6" 220 lb) and his game tape was impressive when he did get the ball. The Rutgers offense was inconsistent because of Gary Nova at QB, so Coleman put up very pedestrian numbers this season. I think he has the potential and upside to truly become a beast. He, like DT, needs to become a bit more physical and use their great size to their advantage.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

Darqueze Dennard (not sure if he'll be there but I like him a lot)
    Ya. I love him too but he isnt going to be there IMO. Top CB in the class IMO.

Trent Murphy (Position of need and outstanding this year)
    I think that his value will get inflated due to the terrible depth of this DE class. After Clowney and Barr, there are no DE's with clear cut 1st round talent IMO. Murphy has elite motor but lacks that quick twitch that you want to see in a pass rusher. He doesnt have great strength either. IMO its pretty clear that the FO likes to rotate their front 4. We need a pure PR to replace Phillips and IMO we can find one later on in the draft. Malik Jackson should be our 1st/2nd down and run play DE next year when Ayers leaves and rotate inside on pass downs.

Christian Jones (Big athletic ILB)
    I like his potential but he sorta seems like Martez Wilson. Great measurables and good production but sorta small and not that physical.

Brandon Coleman (Decker staying or going?)
    Even if Decker stays, I love the idea of buying low on Coleman. The big FSU reciever is the flavor of the week but Coleman has just as much potential and should avaliable late 2nd.

Yawin Smallwood (Big athletic ILB like Jones)
    I like him more than Jones and IMO he goes middle 2nd round. Just a really well rounded MLB and can keep up with TEs in the pass game.

Tre Jackson G FSU
    He would be an unreal pick in the 3rd. IMO we need to come out of the draft with one of Cyril Richardson, Gabe Jackson, Tre Jackson, David Yankey, La'el Collins or Tiny Richardson. Each of those guys can start right away at LG to replace Zane and all fit the Front Office's trend of targeting huge offensive linemen.