Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The 6th Seed

The 2013 Broncos & Manning were only held to 65 offensive snaps or less twice all season and it was by the same team. Care to guess which team? Sure, the Broncos won one of them and lost one of them but there's a consistency in those performances that most likely worries the coaches yet escapes the notice of most fans. Most fans would argue that it was because the Broncos played on a short week and only brought their "C+" game or whatever but never because the other team played well. I for one love that story line... flying under the radar and not having people take you seriously until it's too late is what I'm hoping for the rest of the playoffs.

The Broncos has one of the greatest QB in NFL history and they deserve it after the Tebow debacle. It's a record breaking year for them and I for one am ecstatic that the Chargers will be playing them this weekend. This was the match I was hoping for... to be the best you have to beat the best and there's no doubt right now it's the Broncos. I wish all Broncos fans the best and very much look forward to this match up!

Quote Originally Posted by bolts_fan View Post
    The 2013 Broncos & Manning were only held to 65 offensive snaps or less twice all season and it was by the same team. Care to guess which team? Sure, the Broncos won one of them and lost one of them but there's a consistency in those performances that most likely worries the coaches yet escapes the notice of most fans. Most fans would argue that it was because the Broncos played on a short week and only brought their "C+" game or whatever but never because the other team played well. I for one love that story line... flying under the radar and not having people take you seriously until it's too late is what I'm hoping for the rest of the playoffs.

The Broncos has one of the greatest QB in NFL history and they deserve it after the Tebow debacle. It's a record breaking year for them and I for one am ecstatic that the Chargers will be playing them this weekend. This was the match I was hoping for... to be the best you have to beat the best and there's no doubt right now it's the Broncos. I wish all Broncos fans the best and very much look forward to this match up!
    The Chargers played a great game but we did play bad that can't be accredited to the Chargers. Dropping catchable balls that weren't knocked free by defensive players, jumping offsides on fourth down. Other penalties that extended drives.

Things like that are just undisciplined plays that the Chargers did nothing to influence. That is why we brought our C game and not our A game.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    The Chargers played a great game but we did play bad that can't be accredited to the Chargers. Dropping catchable balls that weren't knocked free by defensive players, jumping offsides on fourth down. Other penalties that extended drives.

Things like that are just undisciplined plays that the Chargers did nothing to influence. That is why we brought our C game and not our A game.
    The Catches were tough though because the chargers created pressure and the receivers couldn't get off the press and create space.... It's the same formula we used to hold the broncos to 7 second half points in SD. The last meaningful 6 quarters of football... the Chargers have won 41-24...
    THE CHARGERS WILL BEAT THE BRONCOS IN 2013!

The Chargers are a good football team that is inconsistent at times. Owning the Bengals in their own house is proof that they belong in the playoffs.

Denver should win this game but they will have to bring their "A" game to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by super_boltz View Post
    The Catches were tough though because the chargers created pressure and the receivers couldn't get off the press and create space.... It's the same formula we used to hold the broncos to 7 second half points in SD. The last meaningful 6 quarters of football... the Chargers have won 41-24...
    Yeah games are 4 Quarters. Taking 2 quarters in which you lost are not meaningful quarters as one team was running out the clock and still won by 8 points. So in the last two games Denver has won 48-47.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Only a fool would think this game is going to be easy for either team. Anything could happen, and things could spiral away from somebody... WE know we have two of the game's best QBs this season going at it this weekend. It's going to be exciting.

SD (RIvers and McCoy) have no problems coming to DEN, and we are more than ready to atone for the incident in last year's Divisional ROund.

My only problem with SD's philosophy come Sunday: Ask BAL this. You are going to have to score 30+ points to beat DEN. This means unleashing Rivers. Asking a controlled-running attack might play into our hands.

The game SD won, it took a few monumental bonehead ST mistakes that helped the ball-control philosophy, and even then the game was right there for DEN to win.

I do think SD will come out passing. Trying to catch us by surprise. SD ran the ball a lot against us the last time, the ran it all day in CIN. We will be ready for the run, so SD will come out passing. A few bombs down the field early, trying to get out in front and then ground and pound.

I just hope we are ready for this.

I think Manning will easily put up 28 points though.

Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah games are 4 Quarters. Taking 2 quarters in which you lost are not meaningful quarters as one team was running out the clock and still won by 8 points. So in the last two games Denver has won 48-47.
    No matter what, it's going to be a great, close game. May the better team win!