Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos defense

Broncos defense

It's obvious to me that if we're going to get to the Superbowl our defense is going to have to play well. I'm not worried about the offense. I don't need to elaborate on how good the offense is.

So what is Broncos weak link? The defense right?

Broncos ranked 19th in total defense for the regular season.

But hold on a second. Remember back in Manning's SB run? He had a terrible defense that year and in the playoffs, somehow they got on a run and played WAY better than their season averages and became World Champions. If our D can just hang on for us -

Check out this stat

This shows the total defense rankings of all the playoff teams. Keep in mind some teams played 2 games and some only played 1. So look at the averages.

Broncos defense is ranked #1 during the playoffs. - New England is #7

Don't forget Broncos fans, we had a pretty good defense last season. Of course that seems like centuries ago and with a different group of players because of all the injuries - but the majority of them are the same guys. And for once in a long time, so is the defensive coordinator.

I believe in our defense - I saw it last week. That game was only as close as it was because SD got a miracle onsides kick (I wonder if Decker was mesmerised by that blade of grass on that play too) Sorry Deck but all is fair in love of football.

Oh but San Diego sucks? No they don't. Their offense ranked 5th in the NFL this reg season. Our defense stepped it UP.

I can taste it can't you!!?

I see your point, but for one reason or another...the majority of them are NOT the same guys as last year:

Wolfe
    Bannan
    Vickerson
    Dumervil
    Miller
    Moore
    Harris
    Leonhard

SD didn't even show up for the first 3 quarters. If you think your D will have the same success against a team that is firing on all cylinders and is going up against a beat up & weak secondary as well as a D missing Von Miller, then you are in for a huge surprise.

The playoff ranking is meaningless because the pats played a much better team in indy than the broncos did in SD. all that matters are match ups and wins in the playoffs. The lombardi isn't given to the statistically best team.

Good to see all the Pats fans flocking to our board. This wouldn't be allowed on other boards. You're welcome, Pats fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    Good to see all the Pats fans flocking to our board. This wouldn't be allowed on other boards. You're welcome, Pats fans.
    yep

It makes it so much more fun once they're eliminated as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BrockLesnar View Post
    SD didn't even show up for the first 3 quarters. If you think your D will have the same success against a team that is firing on all cylinders and is going up against a beat up & weak secondary as well as a D missing Von Miller, then you are in for a huge surprise.
    The only reason they "showed up" is because we had to play jammer.

Carter took over this week, and after a full week of practice he'll be ready to go.

I think Denver will have the exact same success defensively actually, and will hold the patriots to 17 points.

Quote Originally Posted by Conner13 View Post
    It's allowed on almost every board. I think I have an account on every NFL team's message board. It's been a long time since I checked on a few of them though

Quote Originally Posted by TommyBrady12 View Post
    The playoff ranking is meaningless because the pats played a much better team in indy than the broncos did in SD. all that matters are match ups and wins in the playoffs. The lombardi isn't given to the statistically best team.
    That's a joke, right? SD beat the snot out of the Colts in the regular season and was the hottest AFC team entering the playoffs. They spanked Cincy at their place (where NE lost, by the way) and put up 27 points, in foul weather, against what everyone thought was the best AFC defense in the playoffs.

And you say they didn't show up because....we were ahead 17-0?

Then I guess the Colts didn't show up in the 4th because it was a one score game until then.

Keep rationalizing.

Just pipe down and wait for the game on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    That's a joke, right? SD beat the snot out of the Colts in the regular season and was the hottest AFC team entering the playoffs. They spanked Cincy at their place (where NE lost, by the way) and put up 27 points, in foul weather, against what everyone thought was the best AFC defense in the playoffs.
    Indy beat: SF, Seattle, Denver, KC.

our defense is in for huge challenge since we last played them we've lost 3 guys vick. miller n harris...its going to be tough but hopefully we can slow the run game n generate a pass rush w/ out having to blitz a ton...

Quote Originally Posted by Steamboat7 View Post
    First of all, SD did not beat the "snot" out of indy. They won by 10 points, which is 2 scores, secondly, that game was in October. Can you honestly tell me that rivers is better than luck? Indy also beat KC who was the number 5 seed - twice. Indy also beat seattle, denver, and San Francisco, three of those teams are playing this weekend. Indy is way better than SD.

Indy beat: SF, Seattle, Denver, KC.
    Going by that Logic, the Rams are a great team. They beat the Colts, you know.

I'm a big Colts fan... and Indy was NOT better than SD. In that Indy/SD game it wasn't as close as the score would of indicated... SD dominated both lines of scrimmage and it felt like they had a 30pt lead.... The Colts were actually major OVER ACHIEVERS ... those wins were mostly at home where they were better but they were night and day... one time would get rolled by like the Rams by 30+ then play well the next week... Look how many times they got beat down by over 20+ by bad teams.