View Poll Results: How Bronco Super bowls Have You Seen?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • All 6 of them

27 45.00%
  • All but the first in '77

16 26.67%
  • 2 - The two recent back to back wins

12 20.00%
  • This will be my first one

5 8.33%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Broncos Country bro!!!!!
    This will be my 3rd

This is my 5th Super Bowl. I was born a Broncos fan but didnt start really paying attention until I was 7(1987)when my uncle took me to my first game.

Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    I have seen them all. I was 14 when we played in SB XII in '78.

It's kind of amazing for me to think that the 15 years between our last Super Bowl and now is longest stretch we have gone between SB appearances.
    Almost the same history, I was 13 and living in Colorado on the eastern Plains when the Broncos went to their first SB. We were so far east that in order to get good reception on the TV my dad asked me to climb the 20 foot antenna to turn it towards Denver. Boy was it worth it! Even though the Broncos lost, it was an amazing experience. Loved the Orange Crush Defense!

the 2 back to back bowls.

I may have seen the older ones but I wasn't a Bronco fan and have blocked it out.

Although I'm old enough to have seen the others, I only remember watching the two back-to-back wins in '97-'98. I started dating my now husband in '94, and that's when I started following football more closely, and became a big NFL fan.
    OFFICIAL Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon to SB XLVII Member #1888

I was only 2 for the first one in '77, but have been a fan for every one since.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

I've been alive for 4 of them now (assuming I make it to next Sunday), however the first one I was only 5 months and a week old... The first Super Bowl win is by far and away one of my favorite childhood memories.
    *** God Bless Our Military Men And Women***

Adopted Bronco 2013 Trindon Holliday
    My Favorite Holliday, is Trindon

I was 5 in 77 but the rest are old memories....it's funny how the wins are far more clear than the losses....
    http://s30.postimg.org/wji1d8sv5/EM3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    I was 5 in 77 but the rest are old memories....it's funny how the wins are far more clear than the losses....
    For some reason, the 1997 win is so vivid in my memory, yet I remember the 1989 game more than the 1998. The 1998 win seems so, I dunno how to put it, routine that it didn't mean nearly as much as the first win.

Moved to Boulder in late 76... my blood turned orange in 77. I worked at IBM Boulder and in March of 1978 the sponsored a BREAKFAST WITH THE BRONCOS. I Sat at the table right next to Alzado, ....Montler, Lytle, and Howard and Pony Express Cheer Leader Chris Sword were at different tables so they spread the orange around the room.
    I am 6'5" and at the time weighed about 250. I was actually bigger than Alzado,,, And Mike Montler still might be the largest human I have ever met. He was a MONSTER!!!!!!!!!!!!1 Alzado looked the scariest though. Have my Orange Crush T shirt autgraphed by ALL of them. NO YOU CANT HAVE IT !!!!!!!!!!! Well if you want to trade Superbowl tickets for it ... I MIGHT consider trading it Moved back east in 1979 but have remained ORange Blooded since. I have ATTENDED 3 Denver Games in Buffalo. Including Bruce Smiths Debut game where :
    Elway Drops Back to pass. Smith Breaks through and has a bead on Him ..... Smith hits him, Elway spins outr of the hit and scarmbles to the right sideline and fires a pass down field ALL the way across the field and at least 30 yars Down the field. I think it was mark Johnson who caught the pass..... it was SO hard it actually knocked him over ... but it was a completion and he fell out of bounds. The Crowd was going NUTS when the thought Smith Had Elway.... the stadium was completely silent when Elway escaped and threw that dart .... Well quiet except for me who jumped up ( in the middle of the buffalo equivalent of the south stands) and I screamed WHAT A PASSSSS . Which of course resulted in mt getting covered with thrown cup, hot dog wrappers, peanut wrappers and anything else handy. I LOVED IT .... My wife though we were going to get mugged.
    Last edited by EddieMac; 01-26-2014 at 10:31 PM.

I became a Denver Broncos fan at the age of 10. I watched the Denver-Dallas Super Bowl with my family and have been watching ever since!!! I opened a bar in Las Vegas in July of 1986...the first year that the Broncos went to the Super Bowl with John Elway. I quickly became known as the "Bronco Bar" around town and found many, many Bronco Fans in the Las Vegas area! We threw some parties...the bar was packed every Sunday for the regular season games (thanks to satellite we could get all the games here) and we had huge parties for the 5 Super Bowls! When the Broncos beat the Packers and the Falcons...we had over 300 people...we had fun!! I sold the bar in 2005. I am looking forward to watching this Sunday and cheering for the Broncos the same way I did when I owned the bar. I am a true Orange and Blue Bronco Fan....Go Broncos!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by thundercty View Post
    Almost the same history, I was 13 and living in Colorado on the eastern Plains when the Broncos went to their first SB. We were so far east that in order to get good reception on the TV my dad asked me to climb the 20 foot antenna to turn it towards Denver. Boy was it worth it! Even though the Broncos lost, it was an amazing experience. Loved the Orange Crush Defense!
    The '77 season was incredible. As you said, even though we lost the SB, the whole experience was so amazing because we had never won before. We had never been to the playoffs before and suddenly we were in the SB. Beating the Steelers and the Raiders in the playoffs rank in my memory as two of the best Bronco games ever.

“It is your response to winning and losing that makes you a winner or a loser.”
    –Harry Sheehy
    “Class always shows.” –Paul Brown

I been a fan sense 76 the original "Orange Crush". So I have seen them all and remember them. Some I don't wish to remember such as the 49ers. The Broncos have been on the other side of a few historical Superbowls. Biggest blow out in the Superbowl (49ers) 55-10 and the biggest deficit overcome, the Broncos lead the Red Skins 10-0 at the half, the Skins won 24-10. So it is poetic justice if the Broncos win Sunday defying history all season.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolassiter View Post
    I been a fan sense 76 the original "Orange Crush". So I have seen them all and remember them. Some I don't wish to remember such as the 49ers. The Broncos have been on the other side of a few historical Superbowls. Biggest blow out in the Superbowl (49ers) 55-10 and the biggest deficit overcome, the Broncos lead the Red Skins 10-0 at the half, the Skins won 24-10. So it is poetic justice if the Broncos win Sunday defying history all season.
    That wasn't the real score…. but let's not relive that game

“It is your response to winning and losing that makes you a winner or a loser.”
    –Harry Sheehy
    “Class always shows.” –Paul Brown

Quote Originally Posted by 80stheman View Post
    That wasn't the real score…. but let's not relive that game
    In Super Bowl XXI the Broncos took a 10-9 lead into the half against the Gaints.
    In Super Bowl XXII the Broncos took a 10-0 lead into the 2nd quarter against the Redskins.

Oh... what the hell happened after all that? They were outscored 72-10, including a 35 point quarter in there. Wow.