Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Daryl Smith

Daryl Smith

CSN Baltimore considers the Broncos and Titans potential suitors for free agent ILB Daryl Smith.
    Smith led the Ravens with 123 tackles last season, adding five sacks and three interceptions while starting all 16 games. He's expressed interest in re-signing with Baltimore, but is expected to test the open market. Smith is likely to command a multi-year deal after playing on a one-year, $1.13 million contract in 2013.

Per rotoworld.

I'd prefer to sign an ILB rather than draft one.
    Mile High Manning Fivehead Bandwagon #40

A solid ILB would be nice to round off our stellar OLB's. Make than another area of strength for this team. With the interior line solid, with good, not great DE's and a really good LB core the D will improve tenfold over last year.

A good draft with some decent depth and players in the secondary we can turn this thing around and make it back to the big game.
    http://s30.postimg.org/wji1d8sv5/EM3.jpg
    Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Orlando franklin.

He should be a priority.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: Pat Bowlen
    Adopt-A-Poster: Peanut , MarkB

I wouldn't be shocked at all if we brought him in. He is a outstanding veteran who can play all 3 downs which is exactly what Elway has been looking for.

I thought we'd bring him in last off-season. Played for jdr for years, he'd be a great addition in the middle

I would love this signing! Finally gives us a starter at the position that isn't just a journeyman type player and actually gives us a pretty nasty looking Linebacker core. He is a big playmaker that I don't think would take up a huge chunk of our Cap Room. MLB seems like one of the cheaper positions these days so a deal with him doesn't break the bank but let's us do so much more on defense.

I have always liked Daryl Smith. IMO he has always been one of the leagues most under rated players going back to his Jags days. One of the best things about him is he can play all 3 LB spots as well.

I do find it interesting that JDR didnt go hard after him like Knighton. Perhaps, there is something there, or maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    I do find it interesting that JDR didnt go hard after him like Knighton. Perhaps, there is something there, or maybe not.
    JDR doesn't make personnel decisions

Quote Originally Posted by crash123go View Post
    JDR doesn't make personnel decisions
    Coaches always state needs, and can make suggestions. One of the main reasons Elway stated he signed Knighton was his success with JDR.

Coaches always state needs, and can make suggestions. One of the main reasons Elway stated he signed Knighton was his success with JDR.
    We also didn't know at the time Smith signed with Baltimore that Woodyard had peaked and was going to decline and that Von miller was going to be suspended. I'm sure they would've went after smith if they could go back

We also didn't know at the time Smith signed with Baltimore that Woodyard had peaked and was going to decline and that Von miller was going to be suspended. I'm sure they would've went after smith if they could go back
    They signed Bradley in March, and Smith was signed in June. Obviously we knew LB was an issue, and yet we didnt pursue Smith. Could be nothing could be something, it just seems odd.

They signed Bradley in March, and Smith was signed in June. Obviously we knew LB was an issue, and yet we didnt pursue Smith. Could be nothing could be something, it just seems odd.
    But at that time Bradley was signed as a backup and Irving was going to be the starter until they had to slide him over to the strong side.

But at that time Bradley was signed as a backup and Irving was going to be the starter until they had to slide him over to the strong side.
    We dont know that as fact, even if it's true that means they felt Bradley was a better player than a guy who had been the defensive leader for his team for multiple years.

We dont know that as fact, even if it's true that means they felt Bradley was a better player than a guy who had been the defensive leader for his team for multiple years.
    Bradley was also the defensive leader and captain for the eagles for multiple years, in fact was also one of the best MLB in the league at that time.