NFL Rumors: Houston Texans interested in trade for Broncos’ Brock Osweiler?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Denver Mike
    Banned User
    • Mar 2009

NFL Rumors: Houston Texans interested in trade for Broncos’ Brock Osweiler?

The Houston Texans are said to be looking hard at drafting a quarterback with the first overall pick in the 2014 NFL Draft.

But do they have something up their sleeve?

According to Peter Burns of 104.3 FM Denver, the Broncos have received multiple trade inquires about backup quarterback Brock Osweilerone of which has come from the Houston Texans.

"Was told that one of the teams interested in Brock Osweiler was the Houston #Texans…
    While that might seem a bit odd on the surface, the Texans are likely simply doing their due diligence in regards to a potential quarterback situation."

It’s also possible the Texans could be looking at Osweiler as a potential backup to a rookie arm, though that seems somewhat unlikely.

The most plausible scenario is the Texans simply exploring every possible avenue in regards to the upcoming draft and Osweiler’s name likely came up in the event Houston decides to pass on drafting a quarterback early.

No deal is imminent and it’s not known how serious the talks were.
  • Vhailor
    Analytical Thinker
    • Mar 2009

I think Denver dismissed those inquiries.
    Kenny McKinley: Eleven Forever.
    sigpic

Comment

• Denver Mike
      Banned User
      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Vhailor View Post
      I think Denver dismissed those inquiries.
      When you say dismissed as in they dismissed the rumors that it happened?

Or dismissed as in said they weren't interested.

Based off that and a couple random heads on twitter. It does look like the teams did inquire. But Denver's front office (Elway) is not taking the calls. He's not going there

Comment

• InsaneBlaze23
        The ArchAngel
        • Jan 2009

I don't think a trade happen, I know I may be in the minority. But I do think Elway sees something in Os to keep him around to become the starter when Manning walks away.

As for the Texans, I could see them trading down from the first spot with Washington for Kurt Cousins. O'Brian said he wants a Tom Brady type QB. I'd assume that means a pocket QB with a good arm and decent reading ability. Kurt fits that mold and he does want out of Washington.
        sigpic
        Adopted Broncos:
        EmmanuelSanders

Comment

• crash123go
          Starter
          • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Denver Mike View Post

Based off that and a couple random heads on twitter. It does look like the teams did inquire. But Denver's front office (Elway) is not taking the calls. He's not going there
          No Elway dismissed them as in, he turned them down instantly. He has no intention of trading his franchise QB
          A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• crash123go
            Starter
            • Dec 2008

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post
            I don't think a trade happen, I know I may be in the minority. But I do think Elway sees something in Os to keep him around to become the starter when Manning walks away.

As for the Texans, I could see them trading down from the first spot with Washington for Kurt Cousins. O'Brian said he wants a Tom Brady type QB. I'd assume that means a pocket QB with a good arm and decent reading ability. Kurt fits that mold and he does want out of Washington.
            He's talking about the size of Brady when he refers to a Brady like QB. Brady is 6'5, cassell is 6'4, mallet is 6'8 and he just called about a 6'7 Os. That's why the texans have been high on Blake bortles and not teddy bridgewater or Manziel
            A healthy Kenneth Dixon is a top 5 NFL RB.

Comment

• Vhailor
              Analytical Thinker
              • Mar 2009

Oh, I apologize for not specifying. I believe Denver dismissed the inquiries from teams. I have no idea what was offered or if it was just a "hey, is Brock available for trade?" type of thing.
              sigpic

Comment

• Denver Mike
                Banned User
                • Mar 2009

Oh, I apologize for not specifying. I believe Denver dismissed the inquiries from teams. I have no idea what was offered or if it was just a "hey, is Brock available for trade?" type of thing.
                Gotcha.

Yeah it appears Elway is just not interested all together. Makes sense. Why should he? I'd be a little disappointed if Elway did his homework and spent a 2nd round pick on a kid he's going to shop down the road.

Comment

• Vhailor
                  Analytical Thinker
                  • Mar 2009

Gotcha.

Yeah it appears Elway is just not interested all together. Makes sense. Why should he? I'd be a little disappointed if Elway did his homework and spent a 2nd round pick on a kid he's going to shop down the road.
                  Even if it was something substantial, I wouldn't mind if Elway listened. I also wouldn't mind Brock being traded if the compensation was more than adequate.
                  sigpic

Comment

• Denver Mike
                    Banned User
                    • Mar 2009

Even if it was something substantial, I wouldn't mind if Elway listened. I also wouldn't mind Brock being traded if the compensation was more than adequate.
                    Elway is a business fella. He knows what it takes to run a successful operation as well as plan for the present and future. Im positive he heard them out. Thats just the kinda guy he is. I just doubt anything was offered that intrigued him enough to warranty a return call though.

Comment

• ebsoria
                      Former Mod Of Steel
                      • Jul 2005

Originally posted by InsaneBlaze23 View Post

Only problem with a Cousins trade is Wash said a few weeks ago they have zero interest in moving him. But then again, everyone has a price. And maybe it's smoke screens.....
                      *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
                      *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
                      *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Comment

• orangecrushtime
                        Practice Squad
                        • Jan 2012

If we could get Garoppolo in the draft I'd be happy to trade Os. Need at least a 2nd this year bundled with a pick from next year.

Comment

• Den615
                          Playmaker
                          • Jul 2008

I'd hate to see Osweiler go before he gets a real shot in Denver. Right now my main worry is that Osweiler will become a free agent before Peyton and we'll lose him without ever seeing what he can do. Then we'd be forced to spend another premium pick on a QB after Manning retires.

The only way I would trade Osweiler is if Manning plays the remaining three years of his contract. If a team offered us a 2nd round pick one year to go along with a conditional 2nd that could become a 1st based on playing time then I would consider it.

However if the Broncos see Osweiler as the future then no amount of draft picks should sway them.

Comment

• orangecrushtime
                            Practice Squad
                            • Jan 2012

Originally posted by Den615 View Post
                            However if the Broncos see Osweiler as the future then no amount of draft picks should sway them.
                            What if the Raiders offered us their next 6 1st round draft picks?

Comment

• notmyname
                              Bench Warmer
                              • Dec 2013

I believe all options are on the table as it applies to this topic ..

I think its being answered in the best way possible in the event a non sufficient amount is being offered.. Even if trading him is not an option that's not on the table..Unless the Broncos are the team purposing the trade..The best why to handle all inquiries is by saying not interested..That's all anyone that is not affiliated with the two parties needs to know ..

No one is going to offer the Broncos a top 10 pick for Osweiler ..

I would think Elway wants a better return than a 2nd round pick for him as well

Comment

Working...
                              X