Raiders acquire Schaub

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
    Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
    hate the trade, hope McGloin beats him out honestly. Or whoever is drafted.

Shane Richardson ‏@ShaneNFL 2h #Raiders assume no risk from Schaub trade outside of giving up a draft pick. They could cut him in training camp & owe him nothing. @NFLRT

Only good thing is this...

The AFC West just got that much more competitive. That was a good move for the Raiders and the other players they signed so far.

I think it's a great move for the Raiders!!
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Eh, I'm 50-50 with it. Never liked or hated Schaub, but it is an improvement. My heart of hearts wanted Blake Bortles and Matt McGloin fighting it out to win the job. Sucks that Pryor can't throw, with all that speed he has to make plays.

Horrible move for the Raiders, great move for us and the Texans. Broncos my number 1 team, Texans have become number 2 for me since I moved outside Houston. My question for those who say its great move is why and did you even see him play last year. Yep he is a veteran qb but not a good one and definitely not one I would want my younger qb to come in and learn from. He had talent more talent on that team then the Raiders imo. He absolutely dragged that team down, definitely on the field and debatable in the locker room from some things that happened last year. The Raiders just helped out the Texans financially and with a pick for a qb who when he was playing his best wasn't all that good and hasn't played well in a long time. I know Houston is dancing in the streets right now and as a Bronco fan I'm pretty happy with it too. Surprising out of Reggie, I swear I think the ghost of Al must be haunting him. I find this solution to be a good one for the Broncos. I'm guessing the Raiders want him to hold down the fort while they get a young qb and sit him a bit, problem is he won't be sitting behind a PFM, he will be sitting behind Matt Shaub. My guess is Oakland will be calling for his head by mid season. Only time will tell, but would have rather had Vic if I was Oakland and why did they give up the pic and money when they could've waited for his release. Maybe they would have had to deal with the Browns when trying to get him, but come on. Its the Browns, you go in ahead of the game cause its the Browns. Not quite as bad as the Palmer pickup becuase didn't give up the same but still in my book is a for the Raiders. We will see what happens, time will tell. I like the move myself, same as I liked it when the Bolts fired Marty and hired Norv

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    Eh, I'm 50-50 with it. Never liked or hated Schaub, but it is an improvement. My heart of hearts wanted Blake Bortles and Matt McGloin fighting it out to win the job. Sucks that Pryor can't throw, with all that speed he has to make plays.
    Yeah atleast he can complete passes, problem is they are too the other team.

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Horrible move for the Raiders, great move for us and the Texans. Broncos my number 1 team, Texans have become number 2 for me since I moved outside Houston. My question for those who say its great move is why and did you even see him play last year. Yep he is a veteran qb but not a good one and definitely not one I would want my younger qb to come in and learn from. He had talent more talent on that team then the Raiders imo. He absolutely dragged that team down, definitely on the field and debatable in the locker room from some things that happened last year. The Raiders just helped out the Texans financially and with a pick for a qb who when he was playing his best wasn't all that good and hasn't played well in a long time. I know Houston is dancing in the streets right now and as a Bronco fan I'm pretty happy with it too. Surprising out of Reggie, I swear I think the ghost of Al must be haunting him. I find this solution to be a good one for the Broncos. I'm guessing the Raiders want him to hold down the fort while they get a young qb and sit him a bit, problem is he won't be sitting behind a PFM, he will be sitting behind Matt Shaub. My guess is Oakland will be calling for his head by mid season. Only time will tell, but would have rather had Vic if I was Oakland and why did they give up the pic and money when they could've waited for his release. Maybe they would have had to deal with the Browns when trying to get him, but come on. Its the Browns, you go in ahead of the game cause its the Browns. Not quite as bad as the Palmer pickup becuase didn't give up the same but still in my book is a for the Raiders. We will see what happens, time will tell. I like the move myself, same as I liked it when the Bolts fired Marty and hired Norv
    As you said, time will tell. While you can look at last year as being all Schaubs fault, some might say that based on his whole career that last season was an anomaly. Maybe some blame can go to the playcalling, Oline woes, etc. Time will tell. Either way, raiders didn`t mortgage the future on him and if he does stink, no harm no foul. If he does OK, then it was a good move and hopefully he will be able to groom a younger QB such as McGloin or a draft pick they aquire this year.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I'd take Schaub over either one of them every day.