Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Gotham!!!

Gotham!!!

Fox has officially Greenlit Gotham!! Although apparently I missed the trailer during 24 last night as I always fast forward commercials and wasn't aware of it.

Anyways it appears Bruce will be a child which could be a serious negative. Seeing as how Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D isn't doing well without the Avengers.

However it appears all the bad guys and Commissioner Gordon will be in there albeit before he is Commissioner. So it may still have great appear.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/05/05/gotham-series-order/

Yeah I have been following some articles on IGN about this. I think this has a better shot at doing better than Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. Just because Gotham itself is a well built place and has a history of itself. Which is another reason I think Batman is one of the best characters.

But also the villians are going to be easier to use as they aren't really powerful characters so much as crazy people so there is some good potential here. It is on Fox which almost feels weird since I'm so used to them being on the CW since Smallville and Arrow were there. But looking forward to this and hopefully they do Gotham justice

O here is the trailer

Last edited by #87Birdman; 05-06-2014 at 11:08 AM.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah I have been following some articles on IGN about this. I think this has a better shot at doing better than Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D. Just because Gotham itself is a well built place and has a history of itself. Which is another reason I think Batman is one of the best characters.

But also the villians are going to be easier to use as they aren't really powerful characters so much as crazy people so there is some good potential here. It is on Fox which almost feels weird since I'm so used to them being on the CW since Smallville and Arrow were there. But looking forward to this and hopefully they do Gotham justice

O here is the trailer

It's definitely going to be a challenge without Batman actually being in the show. Although I think enough people would love to get a more detailed story of young Bruce Wayne.

But I agree with what you said that I think there are enough intriguing villains and other characters to drum up interest in the cash cow Batman side story to succeed better than Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Just hope Fox doesn't cancel it after 2 seasons. That's my main concern.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    It's definitely going to be a challenge without Batman actually being in the show. Although I think enough people would love to get a more detailed story of young Bruce Wayne.

But I agree with what you said that I think there are enough intriguing villains and other characters to drum up interest in the cash cow Batman side story to succeed better than Agents of S.H.E.I.L.D.

Just hope Fox doesn't cancel it after 2 seasons. That's my main concern.
    It's fox... it's how they do!

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    It's fox... it's how they do!
    Yeah that's why I'm debating picking up a new Fox show. But I have to watch a Batman related show.

I'm hoping 24 coming back is Fox realizing where their cash cows are. This show would probably be one even if the characters are all teens.

I was really skeptical about this but after watching the trailer it doesnt look all that bad too bad its on fox though

Im not really feelin baby cat woman though
    Last edited by captainbronco; 05-06-2014 at 07:11 PM.

Anyone else watch the first episode that aired on Monday night?

I watched it yesterday on Hulu and thought it was decent and will continue to watch to see how it grows. Plenty of characters showed up in the show but that is expected with a pilot as they try to grab viewers.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Anyone else watch the first episode that aired on Monday night?

I watched it yesterday on Hulu and thought it was decent and will continue to watch to see how it grows. Plenty of characters showed up in the show but that is expected with a pilot as they try to grab viewers.
    I have it recorded. Just have to find the time to watch it now.
    *2011 BCMB Locker Room Division I League Champion*
    *Voted; 2013 & 2015 BCMBA's Scariest Mod*
    *Voted; 2014 BCMBA's Best Avi and Most Friendly*

Quote Originally Posted by ebsoria View Post
    I have it recorded. Just have to find the time to watch it now.
    Yeah time is fleeting for me with 2 jobs and the kids, and now all the shows are starting to trickle back and by next month will be a pain with The Flash, Arrow, The 100, Constatine, ect... lol

Watched it last night on Hulu Plus, thought the acting was poor. Story was good and I liked seeing the characters. I will continue to watch and just hope the acting improves.
    2012 Broncos Country Pick 'Em Challenge Champion

It was okay, I think they tried to show too much in one episode and Penguin is a bad actor.

2013 Adopted Bronco - Duke Ihenacho

Watched it yesterday i thought it wasnt bad i really dont like the guy they have for the penguin
    I do like the guy playing jim gordon though

Finally watched the Pilot and I thought it was pretty decent.

Acting did seem poor at first and cheesy but I thought it settled in well.

I was ok with Penguin but I didn't really care for the non caring jerk off portrayal of Alfred. But maybe that's just his initial distrust due to the murder of the Wayne's.

I think the show has potential but will obviously have to survive the yearly onslaught of Fox cutting good shows.

I'll try to watch the second episode tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Finally watched the Pilot and I thought it was pretty decent.

Acting did seem poor at first and cheesy but I thought it settled in well.

I was ok with Penguin but I didn't really care for the non caring jerk off portrayal of Alfred. But maybe that's just his initial distrust due to the murder of the Wayne's.

I think the show has potential but will obviously have to survive the yearly onslaught of Fox cutting good shows.

I'll try to watch the second episode tonight.
    Yeah I hope it lives through the cuts or if not someone else picking it up. Hopefully I get around to watching the second episode either tonight after work or tomorrow night when I don't have to work.

I thought the acting was on par for the old cheesier batmans. Arnold Schwarzenegger, Tommy Lee Jones, Jack Nicholson, Jim Carry , Michelle Pfeiffer- Compared to the Dark Knights villains the 90s Batman movies were pretty cheesy. It feels more like those.