• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • one5beast
    Starter
    • Mar 2010

The Flash

CW has officially picked up The Flash to series. If you watch Arrow you're probably already familiar with the character playing Barry Allen. Pretty awesome to have a small TV universe with Green Arrow and the Flash. Rumor is the trailer will show up in the Arrow season finale. Can't wait for this show!

The CW is hoping that lightning can strike twice with their young superhero franchises, announcing that they’ve ordered “The Flash” as a new live-action TV series set to air this fall, Entertainment Weekly reports.

The show, which will be part of a lineup that includes the recently renewed “Arrow” as well as “Beauty and the Beast” and the DC Comics adaptation “iZombie,” is a spin-off of “Arrow.” The fan-favorite Barry Allen character, played by Grant Gustin, first appeared in a few episodes of “Arrow.”

Gustin will reprise his role as the Fastest Man Alive for the new series, a scientist who gains super-speed after getting hit by a lightning in a fateful experiment (check out the origin scene from “Arrow” in the clip).

It will be the character’s second television incarnation, as he first appeared in the 1990 TV series “The Flash” hot on the heels of the success of 1989′s “Batman.” In some cool casting, John Wesley Shipp, who played The Flash in that series, actually has an as yet unrevealed part in the new show.

Gustin’s Flash will be of course a far younger incarnation of Barry Allen (Gustin is only 24), in keeping with other CW superhero shows like “Arrow” and “Smallville.”

Marvel might have some competition on its hands: with “Flash” and “Arrow” locked down as TV series, DC looks like it’s going to give their rival a run for their money when Marvel’s Netflix series debuts in 2015.
    http://www.mtv.com/news/1822224/the-...ing-to-the-cw/
    Last edited by one5beast; 05-09-2014, 07:39 PM.
  • DenverBlood
    Football Immortal
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
    CW has officially picked up The Flash to series. If you watch Arrow you're probably already familiar with the character playing Barry Allen. Pretty awesome to have a small TV universe with Green Arrow and the Flash. Rumor is the trailer will show up in the Arrow season finale. Can't wait for this show!

http://www.mtv.com/news/1822224/the-...ing-to-the-cw/
    I realize this technically isn't the same universe since they aren't the same network and won't have guest appearances.

But these two shows and Gotham will probably be on air at the same time for D.C.

While Marvel only has Agents of Fail.
    sigpic

Comment

• canadiansbronco
      Starter
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
      I realize this technically isn't the same universe since they aren't the same network and won't have guest appearances.

But these two shows and Gotham will probably be on air at the same time for D.C.

But they are in the same time universe and network....

You see the Barry allen 's origins scene in arrow after the last guest appearance.....
      sigpic

Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite and furthermore always carry a small snake.

Comment

• Amari24
        Starter
        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
        But they are in the same time universe and network....

You see the Barry allen 's origins scene in arrow after the last guest appearance.....
        I think he meant that "Flash" isn't in the same universe as "Gotham", but collectively they make a good lineup for WB/DC. Arrow and Flash are in the same universe, however.

Comment

• ELWAY421
          Football Immortal
          • Dec 2007

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Marvel is too busy crushing it at the box office. Even bland characters like Thor (In your opinion) have similar numbers at the box office as one of DC's all time superheroes (Supman/Man of Steel. Just saying ...
          Last edited by ELWAY421; 05-10-2014, 04:21 AM.

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
            I think he meant that "Flash" isn't in the same universe as "Gotham", but collectively they make a good lineup for WB/DC. Arrow and Flash are in the same universe, however.
            Bingo

Originally posted by ELWAY421;[url
            http://www.csnchicago.com/bears/2014-nfl-draft-live-second-and-third-round-pick-pick-updates4989448]Marvel[/url] is too busy crushing it at the box office. Even bland characters like Thor (In your opinion) have similar numbers at the box office as one of DC's all time superheroes (Supman/Man of Steel. Just saying ...
            Not sure how or why you think that has any bearing on my statement regarding their TV status.
            sigpic

Comment

• ELWAY421
              Football Immortal
              • Dec 2007

I was simply replying to your knock on Marvel, you brought it up so I thought it was safe to speak about it. I'm just stating that Marvel is putting the focus on the big screen opposed to the small screen. I mean they're doing pretty well the the lesser characters( in your opinion). If Marvel can make that type of money on a "lesser character" on the big screen, why bother putting Captain America on a TV series? How would a Flash movie fly? Would it turn out like the Green Lantern? Or would it make Iron Man or Thor money? I will say this though, I don't like AOS either.....

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Amari24 View Post
                Originally posted by ELWAY421 View Post
                I was simply replying to your knock on Marvel, you brought it up so I thought it was safe to speak about it. I'm just stating that Marvel is putting the focus on the big screen opposed to the small screen. I mean they're doing pretty well the the lesser characters( in your opinion). If Marvel can make that type of money on a "lesser character" on the big screen, why bother putting Captain America on a TV series? How would a Flash movie fly? Would it turn out like the Green Lantern? Or would it make Iron Man or Thor money? I will say this though, I don't like AOS either.....
                Yeah but in your comparison you are comparing Thor sequal to Man of Steel origins. Neither Captain America or Thor made close to Man of Steel money on their first go. Only the sequels did which both came after the blockbuster Avengers movie.

I would imagine after a couple of years of television build up that yes both Flash and Arrow could easily match the first Captain America and Thor movies. If not much better.

But I wasn't knocking Marvel overall success. It was strictly just bashing the one tv failure.
                sigpic

Comment

• one5beast
                  Starter
                  • Mar 2010

Flash Promo

Comment

• Freyaka
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2007

Oh man! That preview! And holy crap that finale was awesome. I hope next season we run into Slade as the leader of the Suicide Squad.
                    sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
                      Vitalstatistix
                      • Oct 2006

This isn't their first attempt to do this, though they'll cerrtainly have an easier time of it with cgi and digital video effects. Anyone remember the Flash show in the '90s?

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Comment

• BroncoFanBoy
                        Here's hoping!
                        • Jun 2009

That trailer eats Chick-Fil-A on Sundays. It is that good.

I worry they may make Flash too serious since he's usually a goofball character. Aside from that, I have got to watch this show.
                        sigpic

2014 Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        Proud Fan of the 3 Time Super Bowl Champion Denver Broncos

Comment

• one5beast
                          Starter
                          • Mar 2010

Extended Trailer

Comment

• #87Birdman
                            The MOD Who Laughs
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by one5beast View Post
                            Extended Trailer
                            Looks great

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• Amari24
                              Starter
                              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by BroncoFanBoy View Post
                              That trailer eats Chick-Fil-A on Sundays. It is that good.

I worry they may make Flash too serious since he's usually a goofball character. Aside from that, I have got to watch this show.
                              Flash was never really a goofball character. Barry is actually pretty serious and that's the one they're using.

Wally is known to be wisecracking but even he isn't as bad as say Peter Parker. I guess it's possible they could tweak Barry a little bit.

Comment

Working...
                              X