Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The Flash

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    I liked it a lot. My only complaint was they are pretty much acting like his thing with Felicity didn't exist.

Also the Arrow we all know I don't think would be so accepting and encouraging of Barry being a super hero.

I think he would've been way more cautious on his show and telling him it's too dangerous.
    I think the thing with Arrow is the end of last season he really grew into accepting his role and his allies. So I could see him accepting Barry and the whole conversation wasn't there because I'm guessing there would be some questions about the speed lol.

As far as the show is I thought it was great and it is interesting reading comments on the web trying to piece together who is who. Like who is H. G. Wells.... I mean Harrison Wells lol. The main ones that have popped up since according to the producers he is a new character... So a name change but still a character we know is what most are guessing. The main two options are that he is Prof. Zoom AKA Reverse Flash, and the other option is that he is Thomas Oscar Morrow AKA TO Morrow who is more known as the creator of the Red Tornado.

But I think this and Arrow are very promissing and hoepfully DC continues to build this universe and do major stand alone arcs happen in the summer. Not what the AoS did with tying it to the Captain america movie in the middle of the season. Which becomes another turn off since I don't have the money or the time to go to the movie to make sense of what is going on in a TV show.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

I wish Gotham was signed on by CW and not Fox.

1. Fox always cancels shows

2. Smallville was good and Arrow is really good. And Flash seems like it will be right in line. And I think their settings fit the comic style more. So I really wish they had done Gotham because I'm not too into what Gotham is doing right now.

I wish Gotham was signed on by CW and not Fox.

1. Fox always cancels shows

2. Smallville was good and Arrow is really good. And Flash seems like it will be right in line. And I think their settings fit the comic style more. So I really wish they had done Gotham because I'm not too into what Gotham is doing right now.
    Gotham is more cop than super hero, but that was expected since it doesn't really have Batman. But there was an interesting thing pointed out in that newspaper clip at the end one of the smaller headlines had Queen/Wayne merger or something similar. And with Harley Quinn teased in Arrow I could see Batman villians making there way into the universe but I feel Batman and Superman are just to big to be in these shows.

But I think they are building a great foundation with Arrow and now Flash that they could slowly introduce other smaller characters into the universe and spring board them into their own series. But on the topic of Batman I have heard rumors of a Nightwing Cameo in Arrow being possible and that I wouldn't mind. I think he could be a good character for his own show and give us a Batman like character.

Adopted posters: Every last poster on the amazing broncos country message board. All of them past and present and future

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    But I think they are building a great foundation with Arrow and now Flash that they could slowly introduce other smaller characters into the universe and spring board them into their own series. But on the topic of Batman I have heard rumors of a Nightwing Cameo in Arrow being possible and that I wouldn't mind. I think he could be a good character for his own show and give us a Batman like character.
    A Teen Titans show is actually in development right now, with Nightwing as the lead. Not sure if its going to be connected in the Flash/Arrow universe.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/...ng-in-the-lead

And speaking of DC developing more of their properties, they're also doing a Supergirl show that may or may not be connected in that CW universe.
    Last edited by one5beast; 10-08-2014 at 10:32 AM.

I liked it. Both women were cute/hot, and the rest of the cast I liked. The only thing I question/concern I have is why are they showing us a scene from 10 years in the future?

I've never read a comic in my life, so if that's the reason, excuse my ignorance

Quote Originally Posted by HUMCALC View Post
    I liked it. Both women were cute/hot, and the rest of the cast I liked. The only thing I question/concern I have is why are they showing us a scene from 10 years in the future?

I've never read a comic in my life, so if that's the reason, excuse my ignorance

*SPOILER*

There's a lot of theories on that scene but the most popular is that it hints at Harrison Wells is Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom (Flash's biggest nemesis) and is the one who killed Barry's mom. In the comics Zoom is a character from the future who travels back in time to basically make Barry's life a living hell. There have been a couple of people who have donned the Zoom identity so Idk which one Wells is portraying since we don't yet know why he went back in time and There's no comic book character named Harrison Wells, so it's a fake name. His name is also a hint to what he is. Harrison Wells = HG Wells (Author of The Time Machine)
    Last edited by one5beast; 10-08-2014 at 07:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by one5beast View Post
    *SPOILER*

There's a lot of theories on that scene but the most popular is that it hints at Harrison Wells is Reverse-Flash/Professor Zoom (Flash's biggest nemesis) and is the one who killed Barry's mom. In the comics Zoom is a character from the future who travels back in time to basically make Barry's life a living hell. There have been a couple of people who have donned the Zoom identity so Idk which one Wells is portraying since we don't yet know why he went back in time and There's no comic book character named Harrison Wells, so it's a fake name. His name is also a hint to what he is. Harrison Wells = HG Wells (Author of The Time Machine)
    I knew that Zoom was his main rival, and that H.G. Wells wrote "The Time Machine"

The acting is a far cry from say Smallville or Arrow! It's just sub par!

Quote Originally Posted by ELWAY421 View Post
    I think it's pretty solid. I mean Tom Cavanaugh is in it. Who specifically do you not like?

I mean I love Arrow but three seasons in and I still think Stephen Amell is not that good of an actor.

Anyways I'm loving the show and glad we got a little back story from the night of the explosion last night. I don't know about the comics so I'm assuming Orson Wells is a bad guy to an extent? I mean he has killed already and apparently intentionally targeted Barry to get hit? I'm thinking he is the original flash that killed his mom?

I think it's pretty solid. I mean Tom Cavanaugh is in it. Who specifically do you not like?

I mean I love Arrow but three seasons in and I still think Stephen Amell is not that good of an actor.

Anyways I'm loving the show and glad we got a little back story from the night of the explosion last night. I don't know about the comics so I'm assuming Orson Wells is a bad guy to an extent? I mean he has killed already and apparently intentionally targeted Barry to get hit? I'm thinking he is the original flash that killed his mom?
    I mean I'm digging the story. Maybe it just has to grow on me, the acting that is. Watching last nights episode I thought Barry's acting was sub par(almost cheesy). I could be judging a little harshly based on what I've seen from Smallville and Arrow. Smallville imo was hit & miss episode wise whereas Arrow to me seems to be hit with every episode. Amell is no Welling but Amell is improving hopefully the acting in the Flash does as well.

I mean I'm digging the story. Maybe it just has to grow on me, the acting that is. Watching last nights episode I thought Barry's acting was sub par(almost cheesy). I could be judging a little harshly based on what I've seen from Smallville and Arrow. Smallville imo was hit & miss episode wise whereas Arrow to me seems to be hit with every episode. Amell is no Welling but Amell is improving hopefully the acting in the Flash does as well.
    Well I thought the actor who played Tommy was pretty bad and I think that outside of looks that there is not much appeal to Laurel in the acting department. But for the rest I agree they are pretty good. As far as quality of episodes I liked Smallville better than Arrow. However season 2 was phenomenal for Arrow. And Smallville did tail off a lot at the end.

Flash I've liked every episode. I could see some complaints acting wise about the two nerd assistants. But it's not horrible. As for the guy playing Barry Allen I just assumed that he was playing the part the way it's supposed to be played. As far as cheesy nerd. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'd have to respectfully disagree. I think it's been a plesant suprise considering we're only a few episodes in. You want sub par go watch Revolution...that shows acting was painful.

Really loving this show so far. Loved Captain Cold this week having a very valid weapon to use against the Flash.

Also loved the guest appearance of Felicity Smoke. Any extra tv time for her is always appreciated. But I mostly love that they are blurring the lines between Arrow and Flash. That kind of thing needs to be used more with these comic tv shows and movies.

I'll just leave this here

So Anthony Carrigan plays Victor Zsasz in Gotham and also played The Mist in one episode of the Flash this season.

Odd that he would do both for D.C. in the same season.

Grodd spotting!