Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nuggets Free Agency

FA has officially opened, wouldnt expect any big moves from Denver. Although I'm a big fan of Greg Monroe. It will be interesting to watch the dominoes fall, and how they could affect the nuggets in the trade market.
    Last edited by the0rangecrush; 06-30-2014 at 10:30 PM.

We are supposedly the front runners for Mike Miller, even with Lebron signing in Cleveland. Im stunned by this I don't get it. We already have a total of 6 players that can play the 2/3 so why add another? If this signing goes through we have to have a trade lined up to send a couple players off for 1 in return.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    We are supposedly the front runners for Mike Miller, even with Lebron signing in Cleveland. Im stunned by this I don't get it. We already have a total of 6 players that can play the 2/3 so why add another? If this signing goes through we have to have a trade lined up to send a couple players off for 1 in return.
    I don't get it either. Miller is a compliment guy to a team that needs an extra gun. That's not us and he's not a long term guy. I can't imagine it's a sign and trade because why would he put his fate in our hands....although I'm all for it if that trade includes McGee.

I've watched summer league and Gary Harris is going to be a real nice player. His D is already an asset and his offense has flashes. The first game he was great on O and the second game not so much. The second game was against the Bulls and McDermott. McDermott was lights out and he can definitely shoot. He appears to be the real deal even though his first outing I guess his shooting was off.

What's not the real deal is Quincy Miller's defense. Anyone he guarded was money and totally because he wasn't guarding them. On the flip side you can tell on the offensive end Q is feeling much more confident, even arrogant. He won't get anywhere if he doesn't improve that D though.

Erick Green has shown some promise at times. He's much more comfortable with the ball as opposed to what I recall from last summer.

Other than that nobody else is really standing out.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I don't get it either. Miller is a compliment guy to a team that needs an extra gun. That's not us and he's not a long term guy. I can't imagine it's a sign and trade because why would he put his fate in our hands....although I'm all for it if that trade includes McGee.

I've watched summer league and Gary Harris is going to be a real nice player. His D is already an asset and his offense has flashes. The first game he was great on O and the second game not so much. The second game was against the Bulls and McDermott. McDermott was lights out and he can definitely shoot. He appears to be the real deal even though his first outing I guess his shooting was off.

What's not the real deal is Quincy Miller's defense. Anyone he guarded was money and totally because he wasn't guarding them. On the flip side you can tell on the offensive end Q is feeling much more confident, even arrogant. He won't get anywhere if he doesn't improve that D though.

Erick Green has shown some promise at times. He's much more comfortable with the ball as opposed to what I recall from last summer.

Other than that nobody else is really standing out.
    Maybe Kroenke is getting his advice on how to run a sports franchise from Monfort........

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Maybe Kroenke is getting his advice on how to run a sports franchise from Monfort........
    He took less money to sign with Cavs, thankfully. That would have been a total waste of money.

He took less money to sign with Cavs, thankfully. That would have been a total waste of money.
    What exactly have the Nuggets done in FA so far? I haven't paid too much attention.

What exactly have the Nuggets done in FA so far? I haven't paid too much attention.
    Nothing really...their FA class is basically guys coming back from injury. Robinson, Danilo, and Hickson were all lost last year. They picked up Afflalo. He's a quality player and guy but they basically get him this year and then who knows. They have some decisions to make because they've got too many guys.

PG - Brooks, Lawson, Nate
    SG - Harris, Foye, Afflalo
    Forwards - Arthur, Wilson, Faried, Hickson, Galo, Jan, Miller
    Center Moz, Jokic, Nurkic, McGee

PG's - I think Brooks is gone with all the SG's we have. No need to keep him
    SG's - All will stay
    Forwards - Faried, Wilson, Galo, Hickson
    Center - Moz, McGee, Nurkic

Jokic goes back to Europe. The Nuggets have the same problem they've had, lots of real quality talent but they can't move that talent for a star. Q.Miller is pure talent but watching him is summer ball it's clear he just has no interest in playing D and his O isn't good enough to forgive the D. Arthur I'd prefer to keep but who do you lose? Jan has obvious skill but just can't seem to put it together. We'll be cutting some quality guys. I'd love for them to package some guys to get a bigger PG but who?

Nothing really...their FA class is basically guys coming back from injury. Robinson, Danilo, and Hickson were all lost last year. They picked up Afflalo. He's a quality player and guy but they basically get him this year and then who knows. They have some decisions to make because they've got too many guys.

PG - Brooks, Lawson, Nate
    SG - Harris, Foye, Afflalo
    Forwards - Arthur, Wilson, Faried, Hickson, Galo, Jan, Miller
    Center Moz, Jokic, Nurkic, McGee

PG's - I think Brooks is gone with all the SG's we have. No need to keep him
    SG's - All will stay
    Forwards - Faried, Wilson, Galo, Hickson
    Center - Moz, McGee, Nurkic

Jokic goes back to Europe. The Nuggets have the same problem they've had, lots of real quality talent but they can't move that talent for a star. Q.Miller is pure talent but watching him is summer ball it's clear he just has no interest in playing D and his O isn't good enough to forgive the D. Arthur I'd prefer to keep but who do you lose? Jan has obvious skill but just can't seem to put it together. We'll be cutting some quality guys. I'd love for them to package some guys to get a bigger PG but who?
    Sounds like another down season for the Nugs. Maybe Shaw can develop the roster as it stands now. We'll have to wait and see.
    Thanks for the update!!

I would trade our FA for yours guys
    Rod Smith for the HOF. TEBOW RULES!

Sounds like another down season for the Nugs. Maybe Shaw can develop the roster as it stands now. We'll have to wait and see.
    Thanks for the update!!
    If the Nuggets make it to the playoffs I'm pretty happy. I think they'll get back to it this year if they stay healthy.

I'm pretty confident the nuggets can get back as a 6-8 seed. However, all that translates is another low draft pick. All we can hope for is a 1st round upset. Overall, we are in no man's land with no easy fix.

If the Nuggets make it to the playoffs I'm pretty happy. I think they'll get back to it this year if they stay healthy.
    While I would be ok with them making it to the playoffs, I would bet that they lose in the first round, AGAIN. They seem to make a living at that. I would be happy with a first round win and a close series in the second round. To me, this would be progress.

While I would be ok with them making it to the playoffs, I would bet that they lose in the first round, AGAIN. They seem to make a living at that. I would be happy with a first round win and a close series in the second round. To me, this would be progress.
    You pretty much have to have a few superstars to win it all unless your SA and you have a collection of former superstars. I'm pretty reserved to that thought. Basketball is the one sport where your star player can play nearly the entire game on a regular basis and be key that whole game. If that star is really good, you can pretty much guarantee playoffs.

The Nuggs will be back and as long as they get in the playoffs I'm pretty happy. We'll come at people in waves and grind people down all season and win. Playoffs it gets tighter and tougher to wear down the opponent. The game slows and that's not been us. A slower game is one of stars. If you can figure out a way to still come in waves and keep the pace high then maybe they make waves.

Hockey has line changes
    Football has different players on O and D
    Baseball you star doesn't get any more opportunity than your non-star.
    Soccer the players play the whole game but it's eleven a side and there is a O/D split much of the time.
    Basketball is all about those top 5-7 players on each team and if 2-3 of those are stars it's tough to go far.

You pretty much have to have a few superstars to win it all unless your SA and you have a collection of former superstars. I'm pretty reserved to that thought. Basketball is the one sport where your star player can play nearly the entire game on a regular basis and be key that whole game. If that star is really good, you can pretty much guarantee playoffs.

The Nuggs will be back and as long as they get in the playoffs I'm pretty happy. We'll come at people in waves and grind people down all season and win. Playoffs it gets tighter and tougher to wear down the opponent. The game slows and that's not been us. A slower game is one of stars. If you can figure out a way to still come in waves and keep the pace high then maybe they make waves.

Hockey has line changes
    Football has different players on O and D
    Baseball you star doesn't get any more opportunity than your non-star.
    Soccer the players play the whole game but it's eleven a side and there is a O/D split much of the time.
    Basketball is all about those top 5-7 players on each team and if 2-3 of those are stars it's tough to go far.
    Let's hope that Shaw can work some magic.

I miss George Karl. Letting him go was a mistake, imo. Lets not kid ourselves, no coach in the history of basketball was ever gonna take those Nuggs rosters all the way. I'll take being a great and stable playoff caliber franchise over this crap any day of the week.

Sometimes you're better off NOT trying to shake things up for the heck of it. We had something good going with Karl.

That being said, can't wait for the new season!

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan