Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

First Broncos Home Game? Start here for information.

First Broncos Home Game? Start here for information.
    Welcome.

Coming to your first Broncos game at Sports Authority Field this year? There's a few thing you might to read here before you make you own thread. Many ask the same questions, and this post will answer most of them. Some of them.

OK, a few of them.

First thing, the main gates open two hours before kickoff. For most Sunday games, that means they open right around Noon, sometimes 12:15 if the game is at 2:15. If you have United Club Level tickets, the club gates open three hours before kickoff.

Parking is mostly sold out, but some of the lots take cash on an availability basis. If they have the spaces, they will have signs directing you where to go. If you don't want to take the chance, you can call the Broncos Parking Hotline at 720-258-3727, and see if any passes are available for the game your interested in.

One thing, about parking or anything, it's best to be early to Bronco games. The lots fill up fast, and many people remain out in the lots partying right up until kickoff. It gets harder to find a space, and harder to navigate your way thru the masses to find a spot, the later you show up.

I always recommend coming down as soon as your ready. At the stadium by noon, at the latest, for the normal 2 o'clock game.

Tailgating;

Yup, you can tailgate. You can do it cheaply, or you can drop a ton of cash and go all out in a big RV. You will see some Bronco RV's that will blow your mind, and people sitting on Bronco lawn chairs in front of the car in the middle of every lot.

These links will help you find the answers to your questions;

First here;
    http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets...ium/index.html

And here;
    http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmilehigh.com

Lotsa links in those. Use em. Lots of answers. Almost everything you want to know is in there.

Only you set the limits on how much you want to tailgate. But a little planning is important. It might be too late to start planning something extravagant on a Friday night for a Sunday game.

Good planning is key to everyone having a good time.

If your coming alone though, and not parking, you still can participate in all of it. There always a major party going on just South of the stadium, and tailgate parties going on in almost every lot. The RV's mostly go to lot C, but not exclusively. They can be found in almost every lot.

No, they are not there for you, specifically, of course, but if your friendly, and wearing the right colors, lol. it's likely you can maybe grab a bite, or have a beer at one of those tailgate parties before you go in. That's going to depend on you.

Seating;

If your coming, you must have seats! NO?

This page will probably be helpful to you;

http://www.seats3d.com/nfl/denver_broncos/

Located in the first link above, this 3D view will give you an idea of what to expect. Just type in your section and row, and you'll get your view.

That pretty much covers the basics. Of course, if you have a specific question, ask here or start your own thread.

And please, if anyone has something they feel would be helpful, something I am forgetting (I know I don't cover everything), feel free to add to this. Especially on the Tailgating, as I don't even do that, and not really the best person to ask on that stuff.

Your helpful contributions will be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by Peanut; 05-17-2015 at 10:23 AM.

Great thread and info!

Question about cabs -- are there lots available following the game?

This canuck will be there nice and early Sunday, wearing my Bronco colors!

cheers

Thanks hydrocarbon!

Cabs? Taxis? I do see a few cabs here and there after games, but have never seen a line of them, like at an airport, or anything like that.

No clue how people get them after a game. I assume they just call em, or have something set up beforehand.

But I do not think you'll be able to go out afterwards and just hail one. I could be wrong on that, but again, I have never seen a line of cabs at the stadium before.

Sorry.

It's a quick walk to the train anyway. Or right to downtown. There are a million of those bike cab dudes too.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    It's a quick walk to the train anyway. Or right to downtown. There are a million of those bike cab dudes too.
    The Pedi-cabs.

Yeah, we have those, but I hesitate to suggest them.

They just want to take the tired, lazy people back to their cars for 20 bucks.

We did that once. One of them caught my wife a few years back, and she said "sure!", thinking he was offering us a favor. Maybe 200 feet later he wanted $20, and asked for a tip on top of that. For a ride across Lot M!

Never again.

They line up outside every gate, waiting. But I never thought of them as real cabs though. Do they even go into downtown?

Yup....we saw them running people all the way to downtown when we walked last year after the game.

Def a rip for lazy people but an option to walking.
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Broncos: Pat Bowlen, Chris Harris Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    Yup....we saw them running people all the way to downtown when we walked last year after the game.

Def a rip for lazy people but an option to walking.

Oh, well, that kinda changes things in my mind.

I might consider using one of those if I just had to go to a hotel downtown. Depends on the price.

Didn't think to ask the guy if he/they went further. I just assumed they were to get fans back to cars, and nothing more than that. I knew he wasn't gonna ride me all the way to Franktown.

My mistake! That might be a great option into downtown after a game. Definitely worth at least asking them about it.

Just bumping back to the first page rather than link it again.

Thanks for this great info! I noticed on the parking page you link to that it says "A limited number of single-game spaces are sold on a first-come, first-served basis ($30-$20 cash only)." Does anyone know which lot these are in? It would be nice to know where I'm going before I get there.

Can't wait! I've been cheering on the Broncos for 28 years and this will be my first game in person!

Quote Originally Posted by aceofspadeskb View Post
    Thanks for this great info! I noticed on the parking page you link to that it says "A limited number of single-game spaces are sold on a first-come, first-served basis ($30-$20 cash only)." Does anyone know which lot these are in? It would be nice to know where I'm going before I get there.

Can't wait! I've been cheering on the Broncos for 28 years and this will be my first game in person!
    Definitely Lot M.

The people in that lot buy one spot, and take two or three for tables and stuff. BE EARLY!!!

On the south side of the stadium, on the other side of the overpass.

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Definitely Lot M.

The people in that lot buy one spot, and take two or three for tables and stuff. BE EARLY!!!

On the south side of the stadium, on the other side of the overpass.

Thanks for the info JWinn! We're planning on being there when the lots open, 5 hours ahead of kickoff.

Are the satellite lots by the Pepsi center that far of a walk? Just wondering if that's the best option. The wife and I will be there Thursday night!!!! I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by freaky View Post
    Are the satellite lots by the Pepsi center that far of a walk? Just wondering if that's the best option. The wife and I will be there Thursday night!!!! I can't wait!
    Never parked there for a Bronco game, but have actually walked most of the distance.

It's only about a mile, I think, maybe a little less. Just all on concrete, and you'll be walking slightly uphill into the sun going in. Except for when you cross under the highway of course.

Have fun!

Heading to our first game 11/23/14

Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this great info! My husband and I will be travelling from Northeastern PA to Denver to see our first home game on 11/23! We have our tickets, but did not book a place to stay yet. I wondered if you could recommend anyplace to us. Are there hotels within close walking distance? Also wondering what we might expect in terms of weather and what to wear (orange and blue of course).

Any thougths on if/when we could get autographs? This may be our one and only trip to Denver - so we want to get as much Broncos in as possible! Anything else that anyone could offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks much!

Quote Originally Posted by Manning's girl View Post
    Hi! Thanks so much for sharing this great info! My husband and I will be travelling from Northeastern PA to Denver to see our first home game on 11/23! We have our tickets, but did not book a place to stay yet. I wondered if you could recommend anyplace to us. Are there hotels within close walking distance? Also wondering what we might expect in terms of weather and what to wear (orange and blue of course).

Any thougths on if/when we could get autographs? This may be our one and only trip to Denver - so we want to get as much Broncos in as possible! Anything else that anyone could offer would be much appreciated!

Thanks much!
    Welcome Manning's girl!

Lets talk autographs first. Yeah, you can try to get player autographs (current players), but only before and after games as they go from the lots & stadium. There's a huge crowd vying for ink before the game, on the south side of the stadium, and pretty good size afterwards.

You need to be in a good spot, and be lucky. That's not something I try, so have very little advice on how to go about it.

Late November will probably require a heavy jacket, but you just never know until that day what the weather will be here. The week leading up to that game, we'll know more there.

As for where to stay. Again, not too much help, sorry. Living here, I just don't use the hotel very often. However, I know the VQ is right next to the stadium, and if your on foot, that's obviously a close place. Downtown is pretty close, and full of hotels from Ramada Inn to a Westin. I have to figure most of them have ideas for game day transportation, if specific suggestions.

One place you can get autographs is in the Mile High Mountain Village, inside the stadium on the north concourse. This is open to anyone with a ticket, and they will have a few cheerleaders and alumni sign.

MIght not be Peyton, but Billy Thompson or Steve Foley is very likely.

Here's the scoop on the Village;

http://www.denverbroncos.com/tickets...ailgating.html

Second paragraph down.

Hope that helps!