Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Olivier View Post
    Fantastic. Thank you so much for the help.
    I've been searching around online and had noticed Highland Tap and was definitely planning on heading there. Also found Amato's Ale House and Denver Beer Company which seemed nearby. Also a little place called the Monkey Barrel Bar which seemed to have a cool concept going. Any opinions on any of those places?

We'll definitely check out La Loma - had noticed it on the map but couldn't find too many details.

Is it worth us walking over to 16th Street Mall or is that just alot of trouble for nothing? I do know it would take a good 40 minutes to walk there or from what I understand a quick cab ride.

Thanks again for the help!

Oli
    So the Ale house has a fantastic beer selection and I have heard good things about the Denver Beer Company but have never been. Can't say one way or the other on Monkey Barrel as that is the first i had heard about it. Lots of places in the Highlands are pretty new...

As for 16th St. I would say its pretty cool at night this time of year, but nothing spectacular. Mostly just shops and restaurants. If you do decide to go that way the Mellow Mushroom makes some pretty fantastic pizza and has 40 some beers on tap. (colorado is one of the microbrew capitals of the world) I would definitely recommend a cab though. Again shouldn't cost you much more than 10-15 bucks each way.

Quote Originally Posted by 86Elwayfan View Post
    So the Ale house has a fantastic beer selection and I have heard good things about the Denver Beer Company but have never been. Can't say one way or the other on Monkey Barrel as that is the first i had heard about it. Lots of places in the Highlands are pretty new...

As for 16th St. I would say its pretty cool at night this time of year, but nothing spectacular. Mostly just shops and restaurants. If you do decide to go that way the Mellow Mushroom makes some pretty fantastic pizza and has 40 some beers on tap. (colorado is one of the microbrew capitals of the world) I would definitely recommend a cab though. Again shouldn't cost you much more than 10-15 bucks each way.
    Awesome. I'm not sure how I'll concentrate on work the next few days. I might be a bit of a slacker.

One more question and I'll leave you alone - on game day, is the best plan to head into the tailgating (I read higher up that it's worth swinging around to the south side if so....) or head into the stadium and go to a place like the Tavern and watch the early games? If we're lucky, we could see Johnny Football get mauled by the Colts.

My previous tailgating experience is in Buffalo and they can get pretty wild of course - not sure how Denver compares.

Thanks again for the help. It's less intimidating to head into a city you don't know when you've had a few tips from from the locals. Can't believe I get to watch my Broncos live and in person..... we're in the 4th row of the 500 section at the 45 yard line... should be an awesome perspective to see the professor at work.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Olivier View Post
    Awesome. I'm not sure how I'll concentrate on work the next few days. I might be a bit of a slacker.

One more question and I'll leave you alone - on game day, is the best plan to head into the tailgating (I read higher up that it's worth swinging around to the south side if so....) or head into the stadium and go to a place like the Tavern and watch the early games? If we're lucky, we could see Johnny Football get mauled by the Colts.

My previous tailgating experience is in Buffalo and they can get pretty wild of course - not sure how Denver compares.

Thanks again for the help. It's less intimidating to head into a city you don't know when you've had a few tips from from the locals. Can't believe I get to watch my Broncos live and in person..... we're in the 4th row of the 500 section at the 45 yard line... should be an awesome perspective to see the professor at work.
    So I think what JWinn was referring to was the Large tent directly south of the stadium, I have never been in but I hear its pretty awesome and reasonable as far as prices go on food/beer. They have a large inflatable screen that i think uses redzone?? But I am not sure. There is also an in stadium "pregame" in the mountain village that opens at 10:30. That is entirely new this year so I am clueless on it other than it's called the mountain village. http://www.sportsauthorityfieldatmil...ame-activities

There's no giant tent this year, but yeah, the South end still has all the pre game festivities as always.

All around the players lot, which is almost in the middle of the South end. Up the hill to the West is Lot C with all the RV's, and on the other side is the giant TV the looks like it pops up from the back of a semi. This is where the "festival" happens. Lots of booth/tents,and thousands of people there with three hours to go.

And yup, both the Tavern and the Mile High Mtn Village are inside.

Really, it's a matter of taste, what you want to do as to which is best.

Just know that once in the stadium, you can't go back out and re-enter. So I would at the very least check out the party on the South end before I go in.

Means a little extra walking around maybe, but not that much.

My first time back in years. Thanks for the info. Hey, am I allowed to bring my grand kids blue and orange foam football to hang down the tunnel with a pen for autographs?

Quote Originally Posted by gman59 View Post
    My first time back in years. Thanks for the info. Hey, am I allowed to bring my grand kids blue and orange foam football to hang down the tunnel with a pen for autographs?

This is a decision I think left up to individual gate attendants.

Footballs are one of the prohibited items. They don't want people throwing balls around other than those on the field. (Beachballs mostly)

However, they sell balls in the stadium, and I see people with signed balls pretty regularly in the auto lines. Balls they brought in with them that were signed before as well as balls still in boxes.

An unsigned nerfball. Not sure if they will let you bring that in. You'll have to convince they attendant that you just want ink on it, and your not brining it in to throw it at Kyle Orton, lol.

Tell him or her your plan is to take it to the ALUMNI table for autos, and maybe they will let you take it in.

But be prepared to have to leave it behind. Put it back in the car. Something like that.

About ten years ago I bought my son a little Jr Broncos set. A jersey and helmet set sold right there in the stadium store. We got it, the helmet, signed by Miles, and he decided to wear it to games as long as he could ( He grew out of it pretty fast, lol.)

The very next game, the temporary kid working the gate refuses to let him in with the helmet. It's a "potential weapon", we were told. We start to object when a Guest Relations person comes over, and lets us pass, as it's obvious we are not going to use a signed item as a weapon.

She made an on the spot decision based on the situation, rather than just followed the letter of the rules.

It's obvious to me this goes on every game. As I said, I see people with signed "prohibited items' in line all the time.

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by gman59 View Post
    I actually saw this exact thing last game. If the ball is unsigned they will not allow you to bring it in. The attendant took one away from a 6 year old when i was in line. I don't knwo about signed items but I would recommend you purchase one onsite after entering the stadium to avoid having it confiscated.

Well, after a couple of years of trying (And having sick family members or new babies), I'm finally getting my bleeds blue and orange mother in law to the Raiders game. Life long fan (seriously, she remembers important dates in my wife's life by what the Broncos were doing that year) that has never been. Of course, that makes my wife and by extension my daughters pretty huge fans too. Pretty excited. Have her, my wife, our 4 year old and our 1 year old heading up.

I want it to all go smoothly -- I don't have a parking pass, and my MIL had knee surgery recently, so am looking for train/bus or close in parking. Also, are blankets ok? It's going to be cold, and we'll have the 4 year old bundled up, but a blanket is always a big help. We'll probably do the clear bag thing and bring some food for the kids and for us so that we're not always cycling into lines. Are hand warmers and that type of stuff ok?

We'll be playing it by ear and will probably wander around some, maybe find a tailgate. Thanks for the advice on the autographs and I know my MIL will love the alumni area since she loves lots of those alumni players.

Any other tips or thoughts would be appreciated!

Go broncos!!!

Hi 423!

Yup, you can bring in hand and foot warmers. No problem. Same with blankets. Just have to be able to show all that stuff at the gate. They might make you shake out the blanket to prove there's no weapon hidden in there, but that's about it.

Definitely want something for the little one though. It IS looking like it will be a cold game.

As for parking without a pass….. As has been posted, one can always find a lot that takes cash. The thing is though, you need to be very early to get one. I see the big signs on the highway, about 3 and half hours before kickoff, already proclaiming the cash lots "sold out".

And it seems like it the last several games. I am almost always able to get the same spot in lot J, but lately when I arrive, still very early, it's already full of tailgaters and a lot of the choice spots are already gone.

Just be early, and you should be able to pay cash at almost any lot.

I am told J is a "VIP - pass only" lot, but I see people pay cash to park there, so……..

Good luck and have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by JWinn View Post
    Hi 423!

Yup, you can bring in hand and foot warmers. No problem. Same with blankets. Just have to be able to show all that stuff at the gate. They might make you shake out the blanket to prove there's no weapon hidden in there, but that's about it.

Definitely want something for the little one though. It IS looking like it will be a cold game.

As for parking without a pass….. As has been posted, one can always find a lot that takes cash. The thing is though, you need to be very early to get one. I see the big signs on the highway, about 3 and half hours before kickoff, already proclaiming the cash lots "sold out".

And it seems like it the last several games. I am almost always able to get the same spot in lot J, but lately when I arrive, still very early, it's already full of tailgaters and a lot of the choice spots are already gone.

Just be early, and you should be able to pay cash at almost any lot.

I am told J is a "VIP - pass only" lot, but I see people pay cash to park there, so……..

Good luck and have fun!

Thanks. Can't wait! Go Broncs!

Where the best place to get properly sized clear tote bags? Not quite fitting into the gallon bags with all theinfant stuff.... Dick's?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos423 View Post
    Where the best place to get properly sized clear tote bags? Not quite fitting into the gallon bags with all theinfant stuff.... Dick's?
    Either there or Sports Authority. Or at the stadium store itself if you can't find one anywhere else.

There's several different ones I see these days. The ladies all have pretty fancy, multi-pockets ones (with logo & all). One of those might be nice with baby stuff.

You might even find one at a local grocery in their little Bronco section. I swear I've seen them there at times. No promises though.

Just posting here for any additional insight for anything that may have changed from last season until this season? I'm a first timer coming in from North Dakota... My hubs is a lifelong Broncos fan and this is his first time coming to mile high, so we're especially excited and plan on making the most of it! To add to the fun, our Vikings fan friends are coming with, so it'll make for a fun rivalry!

We're staying in the Cherry Creek area and hoping to take the light rail early on Sunday to tailgate first. SO EXCITED!

Thanks Jwinn for all the useful information!

I posted a thread asking for information for a very important anniversary trip for me and my wife. Does anyone know why it would have been deleted? I just figured I would ask the people who know the area places to go and things to do, but my post was deleted.