• Elway

45 76.27%
  • Manning

14 23.73%
Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Elway vs. Manning

Who is the better QB and why?
    I take Elway, just because!!!

Elway my guy! I'll always pick him in most debates, he's my favorite Denver Bronco ever and favorite QB of all-time. Nobody for me anyway that I have liked as much as Elway currently or past. I enjoyed watching him play football than any other player in NFL history you could say I have a little bit of a man crush. Elway was money when the game was on the line dude was flat out winner and was crazy clutch and I believe still to this day holds the record for most game winning drives with 2:00 minutes or less left. Also, most importantly Elway was a huge competitor even outside of football, he never wanted to lose in anything. Elway was a underrated athlete that could beat you many different ways not only with his mind but his legs he was pretty athletic. You know who gets my vote here.

OH YEAH!!! I was going to say "I love you man" But I didn't think it was Appropriate behavior for the message boards!
    But I can say "I love Elway!!!"

It depends on what you want in your quarterback.

Elway could run when he needed to and his arm was a freaking cannon. He made ridiculous throws look silly easy. About the best I've ever seen. The game was never too big for him, he was money in almost impossible situations. Don't forget the era in which he played. Cornerbacks and safeties were allowed to make what is now illegal hits and boy, did they. I miss those hits... it makes football. #27

Manning is your general. He doesn't have the arm nor does he extend plays by scrambling but the thing is, he doesn't have to. He is the perfect student of the game, he will more often than not be able to read your defense and play to his strengths. If you do not get him out of his comfort zone, you're in big trouble. Nobody does it better than Manning when he's rolling.

Lets not get into the clutch debate again. I've seen both be extremely clutch in both regular and post season so I'm going to call it a tie. Just like we shouldn't compare stats either, which are obviously in Manning's favor. Apples to oranges. Let me put it this way. If you can't complete passes in today's NFL, you probably never will. Personally, I'm not a fan of the rule changes in place but whatever.

In the end, I don't favor one or the other but try to appreciate the fact that my Broncos have been fortunate to have not just one, but TWO all time great quarterbacks play for them in my lifetime. Think about it for a second, that's special.

GO ELWAY AND GO MANNING!

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chillez View Post
    Those helmets are so sexy. I miss them but I really like our current logo too. Maybe a D with the new logo, somehow? I don't know.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

John...

10 chars.
    People should not be afraid of their governments, governments should be afraid of their people.

I'll add in with Elway you had the feeling you were never out of any game EVER no matter the score of the game. I never get that with Manning on constant basis week to week even though he has been apart of a few amazing comebacks with us few years ago against San Diego and as an Colt Monday Night game against the Bucs comes to mind. I get feeling with Peyton when things are going well everything amazing, but when adversity hits sometimes he folds this isn't all his fault btw. I do like Manning a lot, I believe he is the smartest QB to ever play the game, hands down. Peyton has computer like brain he can figure out the defense and knows what type of coverage they are running before they do. Peyton the ultimate chess player, while everyone else is stuck playing checkers, he's always one step ahead. Manning game is build on anticipation and timing and knowing his complex offensive system that takes some players a while to learn his playbook his system inside out. I'm happy as a Denver Broncos fan to be apart of having two of the greatest QB's play to ever play the game play for this franchise at one point in time. I consider myself extremely lucky.
    Last edited by Chillez; 10-16-2014 at 04:14 AM.

As a broncofan, there is absolutely no contest.

Elway was and in part still is the Broncos. As impressive as it is watching Manning play (and I actually think he is superior to Elway), what we are watching every week is the Denver Colts. Broncos did not make Manning what he is and what he does for the team - that came with the package. To me I am impressed from a football perspective, especially with how much better Peyton has made the receivers - especially DT is impressive. The flip side is that Broncos - as I saw them through Elway, ..lets forget.., Plummer, ..lets forget.., Tebow was a bite, scratch, monster will, never give up, down right ugly followed by brilliance when it mattered most.. Perfection was never the thing, and this is not Bronco football, though it is the best an most consistent football any Bronco team has played aside from Elways last 3 years.

In the past it was resting less on the QB's shoulders, though Elway often carried a huge load, but now it is 100% that little Colt that grew up to be a Bronco.
    Last edited by BroncoFanDK; 10-16-2014 at 05:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    As a broncofan, there is absolutely no contest.

Elway was and in part still is the Broncos. As impressive as it is watching Manning play (and I actually think he is superior to Elway), what we are watching every week is the Denver Colts. Broncos did not make Manning what he is and what he does for the team - that came with the package. To me I am impressed from a football perspective, especially with how much better Peyton has made the receivers - especially DT is impressive. The flip side is that Broncos - as I saw them through Elway, ..lets forget.., Plummer, ..lets forget.., Tebow was a bite, scratch, monster will, never give up, down right ugly followed by brilliance when it mattered most.. Perfection was never the thing, and this is not Bronco football, though it is the best an most consistent football any Bronco team has played aside from Elways last 3 years.

In the past it was resting less on the QB's shoulders, though Elway often carried a huge load, but now it is 100% that little Colt that grew up to be a Bronco.
    I agree. For die hard Broncos fans I don't see how it's even a contest. At least for those of us fortunate enough to live through the Elway era. Some younger fans really only know Peyton.

But I grew up watching Elway. I watched him win two super bowls. He is also directly responsible for bringing Manning to Denver and resurrecting our Franchise from the bottom of the barrel.

Until Manning wins a Super Bowl in Denver it's absolutely no contest to me.

apples and oranges

Elway: mobile, strong arm, ran what was sent in from the OC.

Manning: immobile, precision/timing passer, calls many (most?) of his own plays.

Elway had to learn to put touch on his short passes. I will always remember that he could throw a fifteen yard out from the other sideline on a frozen rope.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

I don't believe for a second that this will even be close in fan sentiment. I loved Elway and one of the saddest days of my life was when he retired. However, I think a lot of the negative comments about Manning are because of the high regard that fans have for Elway. You can almost hear their minds working, "Yes I know he is good but he is no Elway."

I don't care how many super bowls Peyton might win in Denver he will always be regarded as second rate compared to Elway. I love them both and consider myself one of the luckiest people in the world to have seen Elway and Manning play for the Broncos. I am not going to make a pick....they are both Broncos and both have been outstanding.
    Il a été soit couché ou alors qu'il est étendu maintenant.

John: Far more mobile even late in his career than Payton has ever dreamed to be.

If Elway didn't win his last 2 years, he'd b known as another Fran Tarkenton or Dan Marino or more closely, Jim Kelly...

Elway was more athletic and depended on it more, but Manning is a better thrower (not stronger) and smarter... and already a longer career partly due to it...

different eras, the debate should be Brady Manning Rodgers or Brees?

could you imagine Manning with Elway's running capability?? that would be unfair