Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I don't think it ever worked that well. Never thought I'd be saying this but I actually kinda miss Karl (till the playoffs). Shaw isn't the right coach for this team.

Faried's having a bad year, Harris hardly plays which is a joke and a couple other players who could be making contributions regularly are just wasting away on the bench.
    Shaw appears to be in save his job mode but he's going about it the wrong way. He'd be more likely to save his job if he was developing his talent instead of relying on vets to lose. It'll be interesting to see what he does when McGee comes back. Who takes the minutes hit.

I don't think it ever worked that well. Never thought I'd be saying this but I actually kinda miss Karl (till the playoffs). Shaw isn't the right coach for this team.

Faried's having a bad year, Harris hardly plays which is a joke and a couple other players who could be making contributions regularly are just wasting away on the bench.
    I miss him too. I liked Karl a lot, he's a phenomenal coach.

Fans look to the 08-09 season and say he didn't get it done, well excuse me, who would have with the talent we had? Popovich? Nope. He's a great coach too but people tend to forget he has hall of fame talent to work with down there. Give Karl that amount of talent and he'll achieve the same lofty goals. What has Melo done since leaving Denver? Nada. We needed another piece (back in 08-09) to take it all the way. That's out of Karl's hands.

Karl consistently took a talented but limited team as far as humanly possible and I'm sorry but I'll take consecutive playoff seasons over this crap any day of week.

Here's what I said at the time of his firing:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I've been trying to put together my emotions on this since the news broke but honestly, I'm very disappointed and even shocked. I don't see the benefits in parting ways now. In a year? Maybe.. and even then I'm not sure. It would depend on how the season played out.

Look at the roster and the type of players we have. Karl was the perfect coach and really maximized the potential. Anything short of a rebuild and this move makes ZERO sense.

Ugh... another bonehead move by the Kroenke family.
    I can't believe some wanted Shaw over Karl. I hate this ownership.
    Last edited by BroncosDivision; 01-29-2015 at 09:14 AM.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by BroncosDivision View Post
    I miss him too. I liked Karl a lot, he's a phenomenal coach.

Fans look to the 08-09 season and say he didn't get it done, well excuse me, who would have with the talent we had? Popovich? Nope. He's a great coach too but people tend to forget he has hall of fame talent to work with down there. Give Karl that amount of talent and he'll achieve the same lofty goals. What has Melo done since leaving Denver? Nada. We needed another piece (back in 08-09) to take it all the way. That's out of Karl's hands.

Karl consistently took a talented but limited team as far as humanly possible and I'm sorry but I'll take consecutive playoff seasons over this crap any day of week.

Here's what I said at the time of his firing:

I can't believe some wanted Shaw over Karl. I hate this ownership.

I wish people would just get over it. Karl is gone, and probably not coming back.

I think Shaw is doing what he can with this roster, but the roster doesn't really fit the style of play that he wants to incorporate.

Quote Originally Posted by The Experience View Post
    I wish people would just get over it. Karl is gone, and probably not coming back.

I think Shaw is doing what he can with this roster, but the roster doesn't really fit the style of play that he wants to incorporate.
    Oh, I agree with that notion. Which is why I didn't like the hire to begin with because like I've already said, it made no sense back then and it still doesn't. There are times when a new coaching regime is in order, where you need to pull the trigger as Elway puts it but there are certainly also times when you should stay put. A good ownership recognizes this.

This on the other hand was a terrible move by a terrible ownership. I wish KSE would just sell the Nuggets, Avs and Pepsi Center and focus on alienating their St. Louis fan base.

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

I'm confused on what style of play that is. At this point I'm just not seeing much coaching. I don't see much of anything! I have no idea what our strategy is. If we have one I don't see it being used.

Shaw is done for after his comments last night. He may be right that the effort is not there but that's on him. He's lost the team. It's one thing to go after a guy here and there about effort but when your whole teams is not performing then that's the coach. I knew in the first couple of weeks when every guy on the team, even Mozgov, was chucking 3's that he'd lost control.

We may not have champion talent but we do have talent. Shaw appears clueless as to how to use that talent. His teams don't exploit matchups. I can't tell you how many times one of our bigs have been switched to a smaller player defending them and we don't get them the ball. Any other team that's an automatic thing to take advantage of.

McGee got in the game last night and was already limping. Not that I care that he was playing, I just wish we could get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by MegaOrange View Post
    I'm confused on what style of play that is. At this point I'm just not seeing much coaching. I don't see much of anything! I have no idea what our strategy is. If we have one I don't see it being used.

Shaw is done for after his comments last night. He may be right that the effort is not there but that's on him. He's lost the team. It's one thing to go after a guy here and there about effort but when your whole teams is not performing then that's the coach. I knew in the first couple of weeks when every guy on the team, even Mozgov, was chucking 3's that he'd lost control.

We may not have champion talent but we do have talent. Shaw appears clueless as to how to use that talent. His teams don't exploit matchups. I can't tell you how many times one of our bigs have been switched to a smaller player defending them and we don't get them the ball. Any other team that's an automatic thing to take advantage of.

McGee got in the game last night and was already limping. Not that I care that he was playing, I just wish we could get rid of him.
    Seriously, I would have fired him on the spot after those comments. Those are something you deal with internally and talk with the players, not whine and complain about to the media. Completely unprofessional, I can only imagine what he's like in the locker room. It's no wonder these guys don't seem to care much.

"I don't feel like we came and competed from the very beginning of the game," Shaw said Thursday. "And I wish in these kinds of situations, I'd have more respect if guys just told me they didn't feel like playing tonight from the start. I'm just sick and tired of one night getting a certain kind of effort, (and) the next night we don't show up, we don't compete. You come out and you compete, and then if you don't have it, then you don't have it and you can live with it. Tonight we just didn't compete. It's a broken record."
    What a joke. Even bigger joke that he hasn't been let go yet. Completely unprofessional, he is not a leader at all. It's pretty stupid to throw your team under the bus when you're the one responsible for thie performance.

"I feel like I get thrown under the bus when we come out with performances like that," Shaw said. "So any questions that you have in terms of our effort, where it was, why we played the way we played tonight, those are good questions to ask them because I'd like to know the answer to that too."
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 01-30-2015 at 09:33 AM.

Seriously, I would have fired him on the spot after those comments. Those are something you deal with internally and talk with the players, not whine and complain about to the media. Completely unprofessional, I can only imagine what he's like in the locker room. It's no wonder these guys don't seem to care much.

What a joke. Even bigger joke that he hasn't been let go yet. Completely unprofessional, he is not a leader at all. It's pretty stupid to throw your team under the bus when you're the one responsible for thie performance.

And I think for any other team he would be gone, but not with our silver spoon boy running the show. This was his first big move. Get rid of quality HOF coach for a guy he wanted. I would actually give him credit if he fired Shaw but every day he stays with him is just another indication that he's in way over his head. Wish my Dad gave me a team to run!

Who will be the next coach?

100% incorrect. Effort is on the players. If Shaw really has to try super hard to motivate professionals to do their job, that says more about the players than it does the coach.

And I think for any other team he would be gone, but not with our silver spoon boy running the show. This was his first big move. Get rid of quality HOF coach for a guy he wanted. I would actually give him credit if he fired Shaw but every day he stays with him is just another indication that he's in way over his head. Wish my Dad gave me a team to run!

Who will be the next coach?
    tough to say.

I read an article that said GK is monitoring the Nuggets situation.

I have also heard D'Antoni, which I would hate.

The best I can hope for is that Thibs gets canned in Chicago. He would be an awesome hire.

As for Shaw, I think his comments last night were a last ditch effort to get the team pissed off and motivated, we will see how it works. He is probably gone if they continue to lose, so he felt like he had nothing to lose. Its possible the team starts to perform as well.

tough to say.

I read an article that said GK is monitoring the Nuggets situation.

I have also heard D'Antoni, which I would hate.

The best I can hope for is that Thibs gets canned in Chicago. He would be an awesome hire.

As for Shaw, I think his comments last night were a last ditch effort to get the team pissed off and motivated, we will see how it works. He is probably gone if they continue to lose, so he felt like he had nothing to lose. Its possible the team starts to perform as well.
    Didn't work so well. Nuggets are laying a hot steaming turd at home tonight.

This season get's worse and worse

The tank is strong this season

Fire everybody, trade everybody.

I am one of the few who likes Shaw, but I think he is similar to Jacque Vaughn in Orlando, a ton of potential but just not ready yet.

These players are pathetic, so soft and weak minded. Keep Gary and Nurkic, everyone else can be had.

Start all over.

Fire everybody, trade everybody.

I am one of the few who likes Shaw, but I think he is similar to Jacque Vaughn in Orlando, a ton of potential but just not ready yet.

These players are pathetic, so soft and weak minded. Keep Gary and Nurkic, everyone else can be had.

Start all over.
    I love Nurkic he is awesome.

Fire Shaw please and rebuild this team. Maybe a couple high lottery picks will get this team where we need them to be. We need some stars.