The devil is ice skating in his living room because...

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter 41 minutes ago.

Former Redskins HC Mike Shanahan interviewed with Raiders, as @NBCdianna reported. Met with Raiders owner Mark Davis and team officials.

Not gonna happen but interesting he that this was even possible.

Maybe to stick it to Bowlen for firing him. It would be so ironic if that did ever happen.

I don't see Shanny wanting to take over a team in rebuilding mode. SF seems more likely, this will in all likelihood be his last job and I think he would want to take over a team more ready to contend.

I hated Shanahan when he was the Broncos coach, but I gotta give it to him, he is very good with qb's. This possibility of him coming back to the Raiders did cross my mind for a minute, but I never thought he would even get a chance. If Mark pulls this off holy S.

It would be strange at first, things are different now and if he did take the job I'm all for it. The black hole/sideline would be very strange though.

This is good news because one thing is for sure, Shanahan knows how to avoid the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Raiderfan76 View Post
    I hated Shanahan when he was the Broncos coach, but I gotta give it to him, he is very good with qb's. This possibility of him coming back to the Raiders did cross my mind for a minute, but I never thought he would even get a chance. If Mark pulls this off holy S.

It would be strange at first, things are different now and if he did take the job I'm all for it. The black hole/sideline would be very strange though.
    Carr and Shanahan is a great match. Problem is shinny neglects the D.

Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    Carr and Shanahan is a great match. Problem is shinny neglects the D.
    Rex Ryan as D coordinator ?!?

Jesus, things have changed.

Shanahan meeting with Raiders about coaching vacancy

According to ESPN, former Denver Broncos head coach met with Raiders last Saturday about coaching vacancy. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What's next? Dogs and cats laying down with each other?

MSN article up saying he is most interested in the 49ers job
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]image.php?u=373387&type=sigpic&dateline=1325481286

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    According to ESPN, former Denver Broncos head coach met with Raiders last Saturday about coaching vacancy. YOU HAVE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME! What's next? Dogs and cats laying down with each other?

I could see Shanny as a Raider because Carr is a young, talented guy. If he got a great defensive coordinator they would be a force in the West. That said, I see him either with San Fran or Chicago as they both have strong QB's. I would hope to keep him in the NFC as he is a great coach as long as he is not trying to be a GM. We don't need Shanny in the AFC West going after the Broncos.

Shanahan should go to the 49ers.

My guess is the Raiders may be only team who will give Shanahan that total control he wants so badly
    “If history teaches anything, it teaches that self-delusion in the face of unpleasant facts is folly.”― Ronald Reagan
    "Any negative polls are fake news" - Donald Trump

Mike also interviewed with the Bills and Niners. He was the OC for the Niners from '92-'94 culminating in their last SB victory with Steve Young at QB.

He can build a heck of an offense and prioritizes that, but he left both the Broncos' and Redskins' defenses in utter talentless ruins before his exits. The Bills might be the best place for him if he leaves their already decent defense alone and just builds the offense up. The AFC East needs another strong contender to wrest the reins away from the fricken Patriots -so this would be my vote!

Go to the Raiders and trade Carr for Cutler!
    Kyle: Dude! I almost thought those Afghani kids talked you into not liking America.
    Stan: No, dude. America may have some problems, but it's our home. Our team. And if you don't wanna root for your team, then you should get the hell out of the stadium.
    Kyle: Yeah.
    Stan:<salutes the American flag> Go America.
    Kyle:<salutes> Go America...

Kyle: Go Broncos.
    Stan: Yeah, go Broncos.
    Cartman: Yeah.