Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Well I officially hate Chuck!!

And I think maybe the note was from Gus?!

Well this show got about 3x better than the first episode. I think it's because we're getting to taste more of Breaking Bad from a different perspective. A lot of the other unrelated stories aren't bad but don't really grab me.

I was pretty disappointed with season 1 but they did have to set everything up. This season was better. I really enjoyed it. I have to admit though again - I was disappointed with the season finale. At least the moment they ended on. I might have felt a little better about it if they ended with Mike's scene, but after all -the show is about Saul - not Mike.

I kind of felt like the stories weren't quite the cliff hangers we're accustomed to with these writers for season finales, but I will definitely watch next season. We're probably getting close to seeing major characters from the Breaking Bad universe showing up more often and prevalently.
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Well this show got about 3x better than the first episode. I think it's because we're getting to taste more of Breaking Bad from a different perspective. A lot of the other unrelated stories aren't bad but don't really grab me.

I was pretty disappointed with season 1 but they did have to set everything up. This season was better. I really enjoyed it. I have to admit though again - I was disappointed with the season finale. At least the moment they ended on. I might have felt a little better about it if they ended with Mike's scene, but after all -the show is about Saul - not Mike.

I kind of felt like the stories weren't quite the cliff hangers we're accustomed to with these writers for season finales, but I will definitely watch next season. We're probably getting close to seeing major characters from the Breaking Bad universe showing up more often and prevalently.
    Did you watch the after show, Talking Saul? It was crazy how many easter eggs there were this season!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
    Well I officially hate Chuck!!

And I think maybe the note was from Gus?!
    Why would it be from Gus? I don't see why he would be just randomly hanging out in the desert. Unless you think he was still low on the totem pole at this point and Nacho sent him.

I do believe that when Nacho and his helper stopped at the gate that Nacho was looking in his rear view and knew he was being followed. And put someone up to stopping Mike. But I don't really see the connection with Gus yet.

As for the end scene I thought that was rather stupid and forced to try to create a cliffhanger for the season finale.

Jimmy has spent so much time trying to convince Chuck to cash out and retire from HHM. Then he confesses to a federal crime over Chucks hurt feelings and threatening to retire? Doesn't make sense.

And putting Kim at risk over the whole thing? He really just put Chuck over Kim?

Season three should be exciting but I agree with Dissolve that it's more exciting for the Mike story and ties into Breaking Bad than the trek to becoming Saul.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Why would it be from Gus? I don't see why he would be just randomly hanging out in the desert. Unless you think he was still low on the totem pole at this point and Nacho sent him.

I do believe that when Nacho and his helper stopped at the gate that Nacho was looking in his rear view and knew he was being followed. And put someone up to stopping Mike. But I don't really see the connection with Gus yet.

As for the end scene I thought that was rather stupid and forced to try to create a cliffhanger for the season finale.

Jimmy has spent so much time trying to convince Chuck to cash out and retire from HHM. Then he confesses to a federal crime over Chucks hurt feelings and threatening to retire? Doesn't make sense.

And putting Kim at risk over the whole thing? He really just put Chuck over Kim?

Season three should be exciting but I agree with Dissolve that it's more exciting for the Mike story and ties into Breaking Bad than the trek to becoming Saul.
    http://nerdist.com/better-call-saul-...-best-villain/

And I highly highly doubt Gus or his people would just be "randomly" hanging out in the desert. He could've easily been operating in the shadows this whole time. And the anagram for this seasons episode titles is "Fringsback."

Quote Originally Posted by VenomousDB View Post
    http://nerdist.com/better-call-saul-...-best-villain/

And I highly highly doubt Gus or his people would just be "randomly" hanging out in the desert. He could've easily been operating in the shadows this whole time. And the anagram for this seasons episode titles is "Fringsback."
    I'm not saying it couldn't possibly be Gus. I just don't really think he is operating on his own keeping an eye on Mike because he just "came on" to him. There's absolutely no reason for that. Mike's not that interesting of a guy yet. When I said I don't think he would just be hanging out in the desert. I really meant to me it's too much for MIke to have been scoping out what Nacho would do with that guy and track him out to the desert while at the same time having Gus just randomly deciding to track Mike.

Now notice in my first post I commented about Nacho putting someone onto following Mike. Which I think makes a lot more sense. However what I meant to comment on earlier was that I don't know Gus' role yet at this stage in this universe. I suppose it very well could be he is the person Nacho puts onto following Mike and therefore wrote the note. But I believe Nacho is responsible for it in some way or another. And he knew Mike was tracking them.

I just don't really believe that Gus is already a drug king and came onto Mike somehow.

I also don't really put much into the anagram. I mean sure Gus could be brought in in season 3. But it could be completely irrelevant to that scene. But unfortunately we have to wait a year to find out.

As for you posting that article in response to my hating on the final scene you don't have to sell me on how much of a villain Chuck is. And I totally get the brilliance of his plan played out in that final scene. Just makes me hate him that much more.

I was really just commenting on how I saw no purpose in it for Jimmy. But I guess that's the point the writer was making too. Was that Jimmy loves chuck so much he'll do anything to make him happy. Even put Kim at risk. Which answers my question about putting Chuck over her.

Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

I'm not saying it couldn't possibly be Gus. I just don't really think he is operating on his own keeping an eye on Mike because he just "came on" to him. There's absolutely no reason for that. Mike's not that interesting of a guy yet. When I said I don't think he would just be hanging out in the desert. I really meant to me it's too much for MIke to have been scoping out what Nacho would do with that guy and track him out to the desert while at the same time having Gus just randomly deciding to track Mike.

Now notice in my first post I commented about Nacho putting someone onto following Mike. Which I think makes a lot more sense. However what I meant to comment on earlier was that I don't know Gus' role yet at this stage in this universe. I suppose it very well could be he is the person Nacho puts onto following Mike and therefore wrote the note. But I believe Nacho is responsible for it in some way or another. And he knew Mike was tracking them.

I just don't really believe that Gus is already a drug king and came onto Mike somehow.

I also don't really put much into the anagram. I mean sure Gus could be brought in in season 3. But it could be completely irrelevant to that scene. But unfortunately we have to wait a year to find out.

As for you posting that article in response to my hating on the final scene you don't have to sell me on how much of a villain Chuck is. And I totally get the brilliance of his plan played out in that final scene. Just makes me hate him that much more.

I was really just commenting on how I saw no purpose in it for Jimmy. But I guess that's the point the writer was making too. Was that Jimmy loves chuck so much he'll do anything to make him happy. Even put Kim at risk. Which answers my question about putting Chuck over her.

Doesn't mean I don't like it though.

I'm quoting my own post from 3/26/16...."Hector is part of the Salamanca family. And in Breaking Bad, Mike works for Gus, who works for(/with?) Don Eladio, who is the Juarez Cartel. So they are all tied into the Juarez Cartel together."

I think it could be that Gus is sortof working his way up into this world right now...much as Nacho is (or is trying to.) We know Gus' personality, and I can see that at this point he could already be scoping them out, planning ahead.

As good as Mike has been, if someone (namely Gus) were watching the happenings of Hector/Tuco/Nacho, they would have picked up on Mike by now. I mean, remember how out in the open him and Nacho were when they were scoping out the restaurant? Plus the whole way that went down with Mike hitting Tuco's car...the cops involved...all of that. I'm just saying anyone actually closely watching that bunch, probably would have noticed Mike, and that could have been enough to put a tail on him.

And in the after show, they all but admitted this was related to Gus, because of them talking about the anagram for the show titles that VD mentioned above. There was NO HINT in the show for Gus being back....other than the note.

That's my theory, for what it's worth!

Chuck might be the single most annoying character in tv show history.

That courtroom episode was awesome. Because yeah - Chuck sucks and got some of his own reality to chew on.

I wonder how far down the rabbit hole he crawls .........and if he ever emerges
    Red 98

Transition has picked up......."It's all good man" = Saul Goodman!!

Wonder how long the complete transformation will take?

Are you folks like me, wondering about all the potential overlaps with Breaking Bad? All the characters. Cranston will have to show up someday! Then I wonder, what becomes of Kim?? She is such a good character. But not part of BB.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Transition has picked up......."It's all good man" = Saul Goodman!!

Wonder how long the complete transformation will take?

Are you folks like me, wondering about all the potential overlaps with Breaking Bad? All the characters. Cranston will have to show up someday! Then I wonder, what becomes of Kim?? She is such a good character. But not part of BB.
    I thought I had read that Aaron Paul was signed on to show up this season. We haven't watched the most recent episode yet but halfway through he hasn't shown up. So maybe I heard wrong.

Breaking Bad was 5 seasons wasn't it

I'd bet Saul will have the same framework.

Being Season 3 E5 (marking exactly half of 5 seasons of episodes), I think it's no mistake that was the episode Saul makes his grand entrance.

I love how we are finding a ton of Breaking Bad momentum with each passing week. This could really get good before it's all over. I have to admit it was a slow burn to this season but this season has really been just excellent.

I hate to say it CanDB but I believe Kim and Jimmy were just made for each other. The problem though is that on the other side of that coin Kim and Saul aren't. In fact Kim is probably the only thing in his life that keeps him somewhere between the lines. When she's gone, there's nothing to hold him back.

I wonder how this Chuck thing is going to flesh out. His call to his Doctor intimates that he's finally acquiesced to realize that his 'condition' might very well be in his head. It took Jimmy to leave him out on that limb ...... a true back stabbing when it's a brother (but true touchee) ............ but if it helps Chuck to get better, could Chuck somehow be grateful? .........

................... NO WAY
    Red 98

I thought I had read that Aaron Paul was signed on to show up this season. We haven't watched the most recent episode yet but halfway through he hasn't shown up. So maybe I heard wrong.
    I think it is possible. Seems like each week the show gets more Breaking Bad oriented. No doubt we will have a lot of fun following its progression.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Breaking Bad was 5 seasons wasn't it

I'd bet Saul will have the same framework.

Being Season 3 E5 (marking exactly half of 5 seasons of episodes), I think it's no mistake that was the episode Saul makes his grand entrance.

I love how we are finding a ton of Breaking Bad momentum with each passing week. This could really get good before it's all over. I have to admit it was a slow burn to this season but this season has really been just excellent.

I hate to say it CanDB but I believe Kim and Jimmy were just made for each other. The problem though is that on the other side of that coin Kim and Saul aren't. In fact Kim is probably the only thing in his life that keeps him somewhere between the lines. When she's gone, there's nothing to hold him back.

I wonder how this Chuck thing is going to flesh out. His call to his Doctor intimates that he's finally acquiesced to realize that his 'condition' might very well be in his head. It took Jimmy to leave him out on that limb ...... a true back stabbing when it's a brother (but true touchee) ............ but if it helps Chuck to get better, could Chuck somehow be grateful? .........

................... NO WAY
    I think you are correct about Kim and "Saul". She is such a great character though, how she tries to tow the line for being a professional while looking out for Jimmy. She is so likable, but caught by her attraction to a guy who can pretty much do anything and be forgiven. However, clearly we are nowhere near the real Saul. One would think she would move along with him...but how far? But for me the bigger question.....she has become such a key character that it will be hard to lose her. Perhaps they will part, but she will still have a role, one that did not appear on BB. Obviously she was an unknown at that time, but has gathered popularity quickly in this series.

As for Chuck, he is such a pain in the butt....but now he has been forced to open up. He is no longer along for the ride, with privileges. His integrity has been tarnished. Like Jimmy, and Kim, and others....another key player with decisions ahead.

My wife and I never watched BB until we got Netflix less than 2 years ago. Last winter she watched BB religiously, and kept telling me to get on board. Then I sort of power watched it, and loved it, as did she!!! Then I got into BCS last year, and I had to convince her to follow suit. Now we are both up to date, and we are both loving it! Not quite at BB level, but increasing. Who knows where we will end up? Lets be real, BB is one of the best shows ever made, so BCS has its work cut out. Cranston and company, and the whole concept were one of a kind. So to have the same leadership try to make a go of it, with one of the characters as the star, is not an easy task in terms of gaining popularity. The dynamics are different. The story could be considered second rate. And no Cranston and other key characters (yet)! But the progression is quite surprising, in that it has caught on with many. And the development of characters, and the potential overlaps and resulting impacts from BB give this show so much energy and potential.

Quote Originally Posted by SLeeLeeS View Post
    Did you watch the after show, Talking Saul? It was crazy how many easter eggs there were this season!!!
    Miss this gal (SLeeLeeS)! She brought a lot to our table!