Vitalstatistix
    • Oct 2006

MARVEL NEWS (comics, film & TV)

Originally posted by canadiansbronco View Post
    OMGOMGOMGOMG :dance::clap:

Christmas is early this year, Spidey joining the MCU

http://marvel.com/news/movies/24062/..._of_spider-man
    Great news -thanks!

And now we have a thread dedicated to all this stuff.

Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016
  • L.M.
    Vitalstatistix
    • Oct 2006

I stumbled across some "old news" the other day while looking for the latest on Thor. Apparently he's a she now! A Norse, mythical thunder god should NOT be a woman under any circumstances! I have nothing against women or even female conversions (or counterparts) of certain heroes, but wrong character, IMO!

PC run amok? Female Thor's debut leaves some thunderstruck

Comment

• L.M.
      Vitalstatistix
      • Oct 2006

Here's the Ant-Man teaser trailer for those who haven't seen it:

Watch FREE FULL MOVIES in exclusive 👉🏼 https://bit.ly/3woTiHZ► Download APP (iOS): http://goo.gl/EyzIaF► Download APP (Android): http://goo.gl/AOLpgm► Clic...

Not sure what to think about this yet... was never a fan of this character and it seems like an odd choice for a film ("Honey I Shrunk the Superhero" ?), but so did Guardians of the Galaxy and that turned out rather well, so I'm willing to give this (and anything else Marvel Studios does) the benefit of the doubt. They haven't really blown anything yet... the Hulk being (arguably) the least of their efforts.

Comment

• DenverBlood
        Football Immortal
        • Nov 2005

Do we really need a fourth or fifth thread on comics?

There are already several. The search function is a powerful thing.

And you would also find that all these topics have already been discussed in them.
        sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
          Vitalstatistix
          • Oct 2006

Originally posted by DenverBlood View Post
          Do we really need a fourth or fifth thread on comics?

There are already several. The search function is a powerful thing.

And you would also find that all these topics have already been discussed in them.
          I'm aware of the other threads but I'm trying to be organized. Are you seriously complaining? Stuff is being dumped here or there OT because there's no central place for it, and some things can be merged.

Comment

• DenverBlood
            Football Immortal
            • Nov 2005

Originally posted by LynchMobster View Post
            I'm aware of the other threads but I'm trying to be organized. Are you seriously complaining? Stuff is being dumped here or there OT because there's no central place for it, and some things can be merged.
            Not complaining. Just don't see the point of another thread.
            sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
              Vitalstatistix
              • Oct 2006

Not complaining. Just don't see the point of another thread.
              I do, and I think it's obvious, so I made it. We're in the offseason in the sparsely-populated Entertainment section so who cares if there's another thread.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                Football Immortal
                • Nov 2005

I do, and I think it's obvious, so I made it. We're in the offseason in the sparsely-populated Entertainment section so who cares if there's another thread.
                How is it obvious? You started the thread with a quote from CaptainBronco from another thread. He clearly felt that other thread would suffice what was needed. Ant Man has been discussed in the Marvel Vs DC thread.

Everyone else has felt the other threads are sufficient enough spots for the information. I don't understand why you think you know better than everyone else.

It's annoying because it's clutter
                sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
                  Vitalstatistix
                  • Oct 2006

How is it obvious? You started the thread with a quote from CaptainBronco from another thread. He clearly felt that other thread would suffice what was needed. Ant Man has been discussed in the Marvel Vs DC thread.

Everyone else has felt the other threads are sufficient enough spots for the information. I don't understand why you think you know better than everyone else.

It's annoying because it's clutter
                  I see, so you ARE complaining. You are misreading my motive and putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head that this is about superiority over others which is total rubbish. Basically you are picking a fight where there doesn't need to be one!

Maybe people just want to post something quickly without making a new thread or thinking about where to put it. I'm just trying make that easier and so relevant info can be found. Do people automatically look to Civil War for movie news? And wade through a dozen pages looking for it? That's what I mean by obvious need.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                    Football Immortal
                    • Nov 2005

I see, so you ARE complaining. You are misreading my motive and putting words in my mouth or thoughts in my head that this is about superiority over others which is total rubbish. Basically you are picking a fight where there doesn't need to be one!

Maybe people just want to post something quickly without making a new thread or thinking about where to put it. I'm just trying make that easier and so relevant info can be found. Do people automatically look to Civil War for movie news? And wade through a dozen pages looking for it? That's what I mean by obvious need.
                    I did no such thing but it appears you have jumped to a ton of conclusions on your own. I'm not picking a fight. I'm asking you what possible reason did you need to pull info from the other threads and start yet another.

And so far you have failed to validate it. How is Marvel vs DC thread not broad enough to cover everything?

I actually agree with you on the civil war thread. But it could've fallen under marvel vs DC as well.

Think of it from this perspective. You see it as trying to combine the threads into one. I see it as yet another thread to have to try and sort through. So to me this thread complicates the issue you want to resolve.

But I'm not trying to fight with you. Don't take offense to it. I never called you names or made accusations. I merely asked the point.
                    sigpic

Comment

• L.M.
                      Vitalstatistix
                      • Oct 2006

I did no such thing but it appears you have jumped to a ton of conclusions on your own. I'm not picking a fight. I'm asking you what possible reason did you need to pull info from the other threads and start yet another.

And so far you have failed to validate it. How is Marvel vs DC thread not broad enough to cover everything?

I actually agree with you on the civil war thread. But it could've fallen under marvel vs DC as well.

Think of it from this perspective. You see it as trying to combine the threads into one. I see it as yet another thread to have to try and sort through. So to me this thread complicates the issue you want to resolve.

But I'm not trying to fight with you. Don't take offense to it. I never called you names or made accusations. I merely asked the point.
                      I think rather you have jumped to a lot of conclusions about me -the onus is on me and what I've done here today (like I'm on trial for it ), not you.

I think it will offer a chance for a mod to merge or retitle things -if they feel like it, though Entertainment is pretty low priority for management compared to GD.

I think it offers a place where stuff can go in the future so it can be found. The Marvel vs. DC thread was initially about the competition between those companies and it wandered into other tangents, or was used as a convenient place to dump info because this thread didn't exist yet. I don't see that as a valid container for everything as an ongoing thread, when it goes beyond the intent of the OP.

In comparison, look how many threads there are in GD, and how many expire when the topic is done. Should there just be one on-going thread to discuss all things Broncos? That's what you're trying to saying here.

Comment

• DenverBlood
                        Football Immortal
                        • Nov 2005

I'll go ahead and drop it. And in a week this thread will fall to the back pages.
                        sigpic

Comment

• Thors Hammer
                          Football Immortal
                          • Sep 2009

Well anywho, does anyone know what the details of the seal are? Does Marvel get the rights to all the characters in the Spider Man line, or just Peter Parker himself? Would be cool to see the Avengers take on a group such as the Sinister Six.
                          sigpic

Adopted Posters:
                          Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
                          Adopted By:
                          Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
                          Broncbeat

Comment

• captainbronco
                            Starter
                            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Thors Hammer View Post
                            Well anywho, does anyone know what the details of the seal are? Does Marvel get the rights to all the characters in the Spider Man line, or just Peter Parker himself? Would be cool to see the Avengers take on a group such as the Sinister Six.
                            I believe sony still retain the rights to spidey and creative control but Kevin feige gets some input into how spidey churns out foe the MCU outside of that remains to be seen

Comment

• Freyaka
                              Football Immortal
                              • Jan 2007

Here's the Ant-Man teaser trailer for those who haven't seen it:

Watch FREE FULL MOVIES in exclusive 👉🏼 https://bit.ly/3woTiHZ► Download APP (iOS): http://goo.gl/EyzIaF► Download APP (Android): http://goo.gl/AOLpgm► Clic...

Not sure what to think about this yet... was never a fan of this character and it seems like an odd choice for a film ("Honey I Shrunk the Superhero" ?), but so did Guardians of the Galaxy and that turned out rather well, so I'm willing to give this (and anything else Marvel Studios does) the benefit of the doubt. They haven't really blown anything yet... the Hulk being (arguably) the least of their efforts.
                              Jeeze it's even got the Honey I shrunk the kids ant,,,,Not sure about this.
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X