Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LynchMobster View Post
    I think rather you have jumped to a lot of conclusions about me -the onus is on me and what I've done here today (like I'm on trial for it ), not you.

I think it will offer a chance for a mod to merge or retitle things -if they feel like it, though Entertainment is pretty low priority for management compared to GD.

I think it offers a place where stuff can go in the future so it can be found. The Marvel vs. DC thread was initially about the competition between those companies and it wandered into other tangents, or was used as a convenient place to dump info because this thread didn't exist yet. I don't see that as a valid container for everything as an ongoing thread, when it goes beyond the intent of the OP.

In comparison, look how many threads there are in GD, and how many expire when the topic is done. Should there just be one on-going thread to discuss all things Broncos? That's what you're trying to saying here.
    I've changed my attitude since yesterday. If everyone wants to combine things into this thread I'm all for it. All I ask is to not have a ton of different threads to have to sort through. But it seems like others are open to the idea of this thread. So don't let me cause buzzkill.

Under this title I think we could at least have the mods merge Marvel Civil War under this thread.

Marvel vs DC is kind of iffy but I guess we would have to leave that separate since DC wouldn't fall under Marvel. And maybe that thread could just die off. And the comic book thread usually does die off.

I seriously wasn't harping on you the way you seem to have thought though. All I was asking was to not have 1 more thread to have to sort through.

Here's the Ant-Man teaser trailer for those who haven't seen it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0fSEa5o68Q

Not sure what to think about this yet... was never a fan of this character and it seems like an odd choice for a film ("Honey I Shrunk the Superhero" ?), but so did Guardians of the Galaxy and that turned out rather well, so I'm willing to give this (and anything else Marvel Studios does) the benefit of the doubt. They haven't really blown anything yet... the Hulk being (arguably) the least of their efforts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Jeeze it's even got the Honey I shrunk the kids ant,,,,Not sure about this.
    I wasn't really excited about anything I saw in the trailer, but I see Haley Atwell has a major role in the movie so I'm guessing that a portion of the movie will be on Hank Pym's backstory, possibly having some sort of a role in S.H.I.E.L.D.

Adopted Posters:
    Broncbeat - 80stheman - kmcgough25 - InsaneBlaze 23
    Adopted By:
    Broncoholic JS & 80stheman
    Broncbeat

Just saw a congratulations to Sophie Turner (Game of Throne's Sansa Stark) in George Martin's blog for her landing the Jean Grey role in the next X-Men film:

Wait what? Why is Jean Grey being recast?

After they just went through all that effort to resurrect Famke Janssen in the role?

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Wait what? Why is Jean Grey being recast?

After they just went through all that effort to resurrect Famke Janssen in the role?
    Famke's around 50 now? The next X-Men will be set in the '80s when Jean and Scott are first recruited -in this movie timeline/history any way.

Famke's around 50 now? The next X-Men will be set in the '80s when Jean and Scott are first recruited -in this movie timeline/history any way.
    Yeah I get she is too old for a younger role. What I can't believe is that is the route they are going to go after just making all that effort to bring her back

Yeah I get she is too old for a younger role. What I can't believe is that is the route they are going to go after just making all that effort to bring her back
    Yeah tons of fans want the old/future (2023?) team back especially with the additions made in DoFP (like Sunspot and Blink), but the films are following a historical pattern: First Class='60s, DoFP=mostly '70s, AoA ='80s, and after this one...a '90s setting maybe? <shrug>

Yeah tons of fans want the old/future (2023?) team back especially with the additions made in DoFP (like Sunspot and Blink), but the films are following a historical pattern: First Class='60s, DoFP=mostly '70s, AoA ='80s, and after this one...a '90s setting maybe? <shrug>
    So I guess I'm ok with the new route and she does fit the part.

But I was kind of mad at the bogus way they brought her back last film after killing her a decade ago. I thought it was a bit cheap. So doing this for the very next film just kind of makes me more mad about the last one.

But I like me some "Sansa" so congrats to her.

AVENGERS AoU TRAILER #3:

New X-MEN APOCALYSE trailer:

Has anyone seen the R rated trailer from the upcoming Deadpool movie? Lol, classic! I cannot wait to watch that movie.

Since no one decided to make a Jessica Jones thread I'm just going to post in here. I didn't read if it got discussed in the Netflix thread either so I apologize if it has.

I just finally finished binge watching it last night. I thought it was only OK. Far below the Daredevil series.

I think for the most part the film quality was similar but I thought the special affects were very poor for what we have seen from Netflix so far. I felt like every time they tried to show her strength it just looked super fake and also the jumping ability I thought looked super bad.

I did like some of the characters a decent bit but not nearly as much as Daredevil. The villain was really the only great part about this series. He did a great job as the show progressed of turning into a very irritable frustrating villain. And that power he had was very intimidating. That said the climax was a let down. Once we learned he had no power over Jessica it was pretty inevitable how it was going to end. The show tried to put some emphasis on a battle of wits but because of how desperately he wanted Jessica it was an obvious weakness and that it would be his downfall. I think he could've been more affective if he wasn't desperately in love with her.

Overall I'd give the show about a 6.5 to 7 range. I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to the Luke Cage series if from this series we got the impression he is weaker than Jessica. I'm not sure how I can get behind him if she is in his series and we know the Protagonist is weaker than his sidekick.

Also unlike Daredevil I would say overall for Marvel that this series was far weaker than Arrow and Flash that D.C. has on CW right now. Just my opinion.

Since no one decided to make a Jessica Jones thread I'm just going to post in here. I didn't read if it got discussed in the Netflix thread either so I apologize if it has.

I just finally finished binge watching it last night. I thought it was only OK. Far below the Daredevil series.

I think for the most part the film quality was similar but I thought the special affects were very poor for what we have seen from Netflix so far. I felt like every time they tried to show her strength it just looked super fake and also the jumping ability I thought looked super bad.

I did like some of the characters a decent bit but not nearly as much as Daredevil. The villain was really the only great part about this series. He did a great job as the show progressed of turning into a very irritable frustrating villain. And that power he had was very intimidating. That said the climax was a let down. Once we learned he had no power over Jessica it was pretty inevitable how it was going to end. The show tried to put some emphasis on a battle of wits but because of how desperately he wanted Jessica it was an obvious weakness and that it would be his downfall. I think he could've been more affective if he wasn't desperately in love with her.

Overall I'd give the show about a 6.5 to 7 range. I'm not really sure I'm looking forward to the Luke Cage series if from this series we got the impression he is weaker than Jessica. I'm not sure how I can get behind him if she is in his series and we know the Protagonist is weaker than his sidekick.

Also unlike Daredevil I would say overall for Marvel that this series was far weaker than Arrow and Flash that D.C. has on CW right now. Just my opinion.
    Yeah I Wasn't a fan of the show. I struggled to get through it and kill grave was the best part.

Quote Originally Posted by #87Birdman View Post
    Yeah I Wasn't a fan of the show. I struggled to get through it and kill grave was the best part.
    I really only finished because I'm on travel and needed after dinner entertainment at the hotel.

NeXt up!

Superbowl 50 MVP defeats 2015 League MVP, Feb. 7th, 2016