• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rich_C
    Captain
    • Aug 2012

Originally posted by cdumler7 View Post
    Well my thought is the top-5 picks all definitely make the team. Hard to see otherwise. I think the others will be PS competition. Furman is the only one I can see maybe competing for the team as the Safety position is lacking any kind of depth.

As for the UDFA's Josh Watson is my darkhorse to make it. I know our DL is pretty stacked but this kid has some huge upside in my opinion. He has got some great speed for his size and fits our scheme very well.
    Originally posted by FR Tim View Post
    Have to agree with your speculation of the top 5 picks all contributing this year.

By far the most intriguing of the late picks and the UDFAs is Furman. Seems like a great prospect at safety. Not sure how he will pick up the system or adjust to pro coverage. But his size/speed combo is very interesting.

At one point during the Broncos analysis by the NFL crew Davis told a story of how Furman beat Denard Robinson when still at Michigan. Maybe I read too much into it but from his tone and look it seems it did not sit well with Robinson. But it does illustrate the athleticim Furman has.

Definitely going to be keeping an eye on how he progresses.
    I think we did quite well in the DB's we drafted.

An article was posted on Denver's official site: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-7f02ce8a206b

these guys interest me quite a bit. Nixion (4.38 40) has also mentioned that he is looking forward to making an impact on ST. He has specifically mentioned that he misses the PR/KR duties he was given in Highschool. We could be shocked and see three DB's making the roster here....

Comment

• Hadez
      Football Immortal
      • Nov 2004

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
      I think we did quite well in the DB's we drafted.

An article was posted on Denver's official site: http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-an...f-7f02ce8a206b

these guys interest me quite a bit. Nixion (4.38 40) has also mentioned that he is looking forward to making an impact on ST. He has specifically mentioned that he misses the PR/KR duties he was given in Highschool. We could be shocked and see three DB's making the roster here....
      Nice article

Their CO-DC and Secondary coach played with the Broncos same time Elway did.
      What is Grit? - Angela Duckworth
      effort x talent = skill
      effort x skill = achievement
      How much time do you invest into your dream? 10 hours a week? 20 hours? 40 hours? 80 hours? 120 hours?

Comment

• Al Wilson 4 Mayor
        team preacher
        • Mar 2008

I would be surprised if Matt Miller doesn't at least end up on the practice squad. He doesn't have a lot of speed, but he has exceptional hands, is big and physical, and runs routes very well....high football iq.
        sigpic
        Thank you to my grandfather jetrazor for being a veteran of the armed forces!

Comment

• Rich_C
          Captain
          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
          I would be surprised if Matt Miller doesn't at least end up on the practice squad. He doesn't have a lot of speed, but he has exceptional hands, is big and physical, and runs routes very well....high football iq.
          Thank you for bringing my attention to him I had not yet had a chance to add highlights and measurable s (done that now). I find it interesting that he fell out of the draft due to injury. Since his name came up and we are doing OK at WR thought I'd add the other WR's into this response to see opinions on how we think Miller will stack up:

1. Demaryius Thomas- 6ft3 229 lbs
          2. Cody Latimer- 6ft2 215 lbs
          3. Emmanuel Sanders-5ft11 180 lbs
          ------------------------------------------Above the line are locks for the 53 man------------------------------
          4. Isaiah Burse- 5ft10 188 lbs
          5. Andre Caldwell- 6ft 200 lbs
          6. Bennie Fowler- 6ft1 217 lbs
          7. Jordan Norwood- 5ft11 180 lbs
          8. Nathan Palmer- 5ft11 198 lbs
          9. Jordan Taylor- I looked him up he is 6ft5 209 lbs and ran a 4.52
          10. Kyle Williams- 5ft10 186 lbs
          11. Matt Miller- 6ft3 213 lbs

from those at 4-11 who do you think make it?

Comment

• #87Birdman
            The MOD Who Laughs
            • Apr 2011

Thank you for bringing my attention to him I had not yet had a chance to add highlights and measurable s (done that now). I find it interesting that he fell out of the draft due to injury. Since his name came up and we are doing OK at WR thought I'd add the other WR's into this response to see opinions on how we think Miller will stack up:

1. Demaryius Thomas- 6ft3 229 lbs
            2. Cody Latimer- 6ft2 215 lbs
            3. Emmanuel Sanders-5ft11 180 lbs
            ------------------------------------------Above the line are locks for the 53 man------------------------------
            4. Isaiah Burse- 5ft10 188 lbs
            5. Andre Caldwell- 6ft 200 lbs
            6. Bennie Fowler- 6ft1 217 lbs
            7. Jordan Norwood- 5ft11 180 lbs
            8. Nathan Palmer- 5ft11 198 lbs
            9. Jordan Taylor- I looked him up he is 6ft5 209 lbs and ran a 4.52
            10. Kyle Williams- 5ft10 186 lbs
            11. Matt Miller- 6ft3 213 lbs

from those at 4-11 who do you think make it?
            I'm guessing we go with 5 wideouts as I'm thinking we will carry more TEs this year so that would mean there are 2 spots. Caldwell I'm guessing is a front runner due to having chemestry. But if I had to pick two I would probably go with there almost being 2 competitions. One for the developmental slot and one for the outside.

But without seeing them I would say Caldwell and Norwood would have the advantage at the moment.

Adopted Broncos:
            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
            Adopted posters:
            Everyone

Comment

• JT24Champ
              Bench Warmer
              • Sep 2008

I have updated and added some additional highlight reels and added a few more players measurable's. I also removed Kelly from the list as he was just cut today....as was Paradis.
              paradis was cut?

Comment

• Rich_C
                Captain
                • Aug 2012

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
                I'm guessing we go with 5 wideouts as I'm thinking we will carry more TEs this year so that would mean there are 2 spots. Caldwell I'm guessing is a front runner due to having chemestry. But if I had to pick two I would probably go with there almost being 2 competitions. One for the developmental slot and one for the outside.

But without seeing them I would say Caldwell and Norwood would have the advantage at the moment.
                advantage sure....but Cladwel in particular has been underwhelming....in particular last season.

Comment

• Rich_C
                  Captain
                  • Aug 2012

Originally posted by JT24Champ View Post
                  paradis was cut?
                  sorry I meant Cornick.

Comment

• JT24Champ
                    Bench Warmer
                    • Sep 2008

sorry I meant Cornick.
                    phewwwwwwwwwwwww

Comment

• Denver Mike
                      Banned User
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
                      I agree, I think he can make the PS off his hands alone. Would be interesting to see him work his way up.. Kid's a true Bronco.

Comment

• Garfield
                        Starter
                        • Aug 2011

I have updated and added some additional highlight reels and added a few more players measurable's. I also removed Kelly from the list as he was just cut today....as was Cornick.
                        Thanks for doing this thread. But let's be careful about not cutting the wrong guys again might give John the wrong ideas.

Comment

• Rich_C
                          Captain
                          • Aug 2012

Originally posted by Garfield View Post
                          Thanks for doing this thread. But let's be careful about not cutting the wrong guys again might give John the wrong ideas.
                          someones gotta make sure these boards are paying attention I am pulling together the rest of the highlights etc. Should be posted tomorrow AM

Comment

• Garfield
                            Starter
                            • Aug 2011

someones gotta make sure these boards are paying attention I am pulling together the rest of the highlights etc. Should be posted tomorrow AM
                            Just repost to keep it fresh she. You add something.

Comment

• Rich_C
                              Captain
                              • Aug 2012

I just cam across Connor Rains from the list as I was adding some highlights and trying to find him in a few games. He played VERY well. For me I find it a bit more difficult to grade and evaluate O-lineman but I looked at how well he was blocking (run game in particular) and was quite impressed. Did any others on here see more film of him and know perhaps why he went un-drafted?

Comment

• cdumler7
                                Bench Warmer
                                • Jun 2010

Kalon Davis is the guy that seems to be getting the most love of our UDFA's from the scouting world. PFF said that he ended up being their 6th best OT in the run game and didn't give up a single sack in the pass game. They couldn't believe he didn't get drafted. They also said though he doesn't really fit our system the best as he is a power blocking type guy but the talent is definitely there to maybe make the team.

Comment

Working...
                                X