Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    I can't understand why the only throwback we've worn since the switch is these ugly things:
    I'm not going to lie, that pic u chose actually makes a compelling argument for those uni's! That look like it was concussion #179 for Welker!

I like the all blue ones with the modern helmet personal. Just no to the big D....

I really dig the old Orange Crush Bronco uniforms with the blue and white stripes on the side.

That color and that design just scream football. Football players.

I think the NFL has gotten away from that a little bit because when I turn on the tube and I see Seattle, and Tennessee and their riddiculous looking uniforms, there is nothing that says football about them.

Remember Pop Warner and pal football? Everybody had stripes on their sleeves, that was football.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 08-17-2015 at 04:05 PM.

Good points all around. But I agree with you Sam24, NFL uniforms over the last 15 years or so, us included, have morphed from classic jerseys with block letter/number fonts to cyber-modern-stylish-fusion creations that are just too much.

In a perfect world, for me, I would revert back to the Orange Crush unis and, at most, swap out the Denver D helmet for the current logo.

If we stick with the current versions, I'm sorry, but there is nothing classic about them and I feel like our storied franchise deserves to have a storied jersey a la Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Montreal Canadiens, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by bhatz View Post
    Good points all around. But I agree with you Sam24, NFL uniforms over the last 15 years or so, us included, have morphed from classic jerseys with block letter/number fonts to cyber-modern-stylish-fusion creations that are just too much.

In a perfect world, for me, I would revert back to the Orange Crush unis and, at most, swap out the Denver D helmet for the current logo.

If we stick with the current versions, I'm sorry, but there is nothing classic about them and I feel like our storied franchise deserves to have a storied jersey a la Green Bay Packers, New York Yankees, Boston Celtics, Montreal Canadiens, etc.
    While my favorite was the Denver D, I have to disagree. There is plenty that is classic about the uniforms

https://www.google.com/search?q=pic+...CqM9WnfwNvE%3D

CHILDREN ARE THE RAINBOW OF LIFE
    GRANDCHILDREN ARE THE POT OF GOLD

NFL jerseys are clean...

Canadiens jersey sucks btw. Always hated that jersey.

How bout incorporating the new blue into our Orange crush uni's. Probably false but I read somewhere they were thinking of changing colors to charcoal and orange or charcoal and blue...I blew it off, but...

I think changing our uniforms is the least of our worries.

If Elway (not that he is) is considering changing our jerseys,
    then I would question his vision/strategy going forward for our team.

As a fan, I am indifferent...although I prefer the orange jerseys, it pops.

As long as we do not go back to blue as primary color, Im happy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    As long as we do not go back to blue as primary color, Im happy.
    Unless it was a royal blue with more orange and white.

A LA classic new york giants blue.

I remember a guy mistakenly confusing a televised Bronco game at the paris in las vegas for a Bengals game.

I quickly corrected him to which he responded with "oh sorry! Im not really a big football fan".

That always bothered me.

Quote Originally Posted by japfaff View Post
    I think this is going to be an age discussion. The kids are going to like the new area football style " cyber" bronco ones. Where the older ones. Are going to prefer the old ones.

Gotta laugh with this stuff. For about 20 years now, I've been saying basically the same thing on a different vein: That one can guess a Pink Floyd fan's favorite album, based on what year they graduated high school!

Graduated high school late 60s*? Likely Ummagumma. Early 70s, probably Echoes, more likely Dark Side of the Moon. And so on, w/ 1978 = Animals, 80ish = The Wall, then The Final Cut. More lately, The Division Bell, Momentary Lapse, maybe some solo stuff?

This formula has proved pretty accurate for people from many age groups.

Fun stuff!

* For graduation dates before late 60s, haven't asked those folks yet!

DSOTM for this fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bleednO-n-B View Post
    How bout incorporating the new blue into our Orange crush uni's. Probably false but I read somewhere they were thinking of changing colors to charcoal and orange or charcoal and blue...I blew it off, but...
    Charcoal???????

Adopted Poster
    AZ Snake Fan

Quote Originally Posted by bleednO-n-B View Post

Well, if the rumors are true, and they're just rumors at this time, the Broncos are going to be doing just that. Supposed leaks of the NFL's proposed uniforms for the upcoming Thursday Night Color Rush promotion have surfaced. If they are to be believed, the Broncos will wear a throwback inspired uniform with orange as the primary color and navy blue as the accent at San Diego later this year.

AND, if the accompanying promotion T-shirt is any indication, the Broncos will be using the old school Denver "D" logo.

Let's hope these aren't just cruel rumors and they actually go through with this plan. Those look so cool!

2014/2015 Adopt-A-Bronco : TJ Ward - GO DUCKS!

I personally think they should change the stupid rule about the decal on the helmet. Then allow/force teams to wear their throwbacks once a year. Lol. Like it used to be on thanksgiving day. But make it thanks giving day and weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by ksubroncosfan View Post
    I personally think they should change the stupid rule about the decal on the helmet. Then allow/force teams to wear their throwbacks once a year. Lol. Like it used to be on thanksgiving day. But make it thanks giving day and weekend.
    They claim that one helmet prevents concussions, but if that were the case they wouldn't allow players to switch helmets at all during the season and every player released would need one helmet that would be repainted at each new destination.

Not to mention that many NCAA teams have multiple helmets, Oregon has about 5 of them, if more than one helmet led to more concussions the Ducks should have a much higher rate of concussions, but they don't.