Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Buncha crap.

Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Buncha crap.
    nothing new with colorado teams really.. rox, rapids, avs, nuggets..

Good to see Roy a little fired up and pissed off after the game. Hopefully it lights a fire under these guys. Its still super early so I am not pushing the panic button yet, but the defense/goaltending hasn't been very good so far.

Good start tonight.

berra looked great tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie79 View Post
    berra looked great tonight
    Yeah he did! He is leading the league in save percentage now haha Wondering who will be in the net tonight.

We have a lot of the same trouble as we had last season keeping the puck out of our zone. We give up too many shots on our end, then when do get it into the opposing team's zone we usually shoot too quick and don't get anything set up, turning it over or losing a rebound and then it's right back down to our zone where we skate around frantically.

Berra should have stopped that breakaway goal, barely moved.

man, this team is so up and down.. Still give up to many shots, make silly mistakes and passes - i know its early but pretty much similar to how we played last season. Hope they can fix there stuff

So I've been starting to wonder if Roy was a bad hire. Sure they were 2 seed his first year but all I ever read about that year was how we defied the odds because we were always getting outshot and outhit.

Story last year and so far this year is the same except now we aren't winning.

But I also looked at the roster recently and am not noticing as many names as I'm normally familiar with. So I'm also wondering if the front office is giving him enough talent?

Some of yall can answer those better for me. I can't get as many games out here except when the NHL package does free trials. Just seems like maybe outside of the season 1 hype that Roy can't get it done.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    So I've been starting to wonder if Roy was a bad hire. Sure they were 2 seed his first year but all I ever read about that year was how we defied the odds because we were always getting outshot and outhit.

Story last year and so far this year is the same except now we aren't winning.

But I also looked at the roster recently and am not noticing as many names as I'm normally familiar with. So I'm also wondering if the front office is giving him enough talent?

Some of yall can answer those better for me. I can't get as many games out here except when the NHL package does free trials. Just seems like maybe outside of the season 1 hype that Roy can't get it done.
    Agreed. It seems like Roy and Sakic are all bluster and no substance.

I disagree. Colorado sports are very much a family. Fans are extremely loyal. I feel that the Avs bringing in Sakic and Roy was a love letter to the fans, similar to when the Broncos hired Elway. Roy and Sakic want players who want to play in Denver and want to be a part of a legacy. Case in point, EJ. He is from Minnesota, his father is a Wild STH, but EJ despises the Wild franchise after the last couple seasons. He's extremely loyal to the Avs, the fans, and Colorado. So, he got signed long term. He's good...really good. ROR was my second favorite player...but he wasn't loyal to us. He wanted to be wherever the best paycheck came from. I'm not even criticizing that, rather, using as another example of a really good player who was traded because he didn't fit the culture we are trying to build. I say sit back and enjoy the magic they are working here. I'm a STH, and while I too get frustrated, I also feel excitement for our future. Go AVS!!

hot garbage.. cant finish nothing

are the avs just in this league to give confidence boosts to BAD, WINLESS teams??? Varly doesnt seem to stop anything thus far, we make so many stupid mistakes

Just lost to an 0-8 team at home.

Don't agree with the poster that said Sakic and Roy are bringing the right culture back to the Avs.

It's either bad coaching or bad GM. Or both. I'm leaning towards both.