Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Bush was an average player throughout his career. I really hope Mccaffery is drafted before our pick so we don't make that mistake.
    Think expectations for a 2nd OA pick are different than a #20 pick. Bush accounted for about 56-59 first down a season and 8-6-9 TDs over his first 3 years, and that was with injuries. Last two years DT has avg 56 first downs and 5.5 TDs per season. What is average production here? And Bush, by far, out produced DT his 1st 3 years in the NFL and was productive at Miami.

If Mac puts together the same per game production as Bush did his first 8 years in the league...I would gladly take that, even more so if he can avoid the injuries. 20th round pick is not a make or break pick for any franchise. DT was the 22nd pick and took 3 years to really become relevant.

I also believe Mac is a more refined pass catcher and has better vision than Bush.
    Ravens GM 2016 - Ravens are looking to trade down 4-8 spots

Quote Originally Posted by NVthosebroncos View Post
    Bush was an average player throughout his career. I really hope Mccaffery is drafted before our pick so we don't make that mistake.
    Saints and their turf ruined his career

They used him like garbage. It's like Sean Payton didn't believe in the hand off for a while. They took the most electric pro style collegiate RB of all time and tried to make him Darren sproles.. damn crime

Also he tore his knees up on that turf, unfortunately

If we give Christian the rock 20-25 times a game with Janovich leading the way he's a hall of famer just like bush should've been

Is hype not considered when deciding if a player was a bust? Bush was expected to be the next all time great and was average (at best). I'd call it a bust since he didn't live up to anyones expectations

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

They used him like garbage. It's like Sean Payton didn't believe in the hand off for a while. They took the most electric pro style collegiate RB of all time and tried to make him Darren sproles.. damn crime

If we give Christian the rock 20-25 times a game with Janovich leading the way he's a hall of famer just like bush should've been
    Hahahaha right.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundsOfSuccess View Post

From what I've seen, McCaffrey is most effective running between the tackles from an I Formation in an angle blocked rushing attack. He would cause mismatches in coverage running routes from TB depth. Your formula would call for Denver to run up to half their plays from an I Formation. That would call for X, Y, Z receivers and could help simplify the passing attack. Don Coryell used three numbers plus a word on his pass play calls.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Thought bush was overhyped coming out. I had always preferred jones drew over bush as a rb.

So listening to 1043 this morning. Cecil and tyler were saying #10 may have to be the spot to get mac. Now that we are hearing about trades, would you trade that far up for him?

Personally i would hate to give my 2nd rounder up as theres a few people i hope we target. So someone like davis, brantley, watkins or mixon (which if we got mac, there would be no need), cant remember but the cb from cu for a few examples.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post
    Thought bush was overhyped coming out. I had always preferred jones drew over bush as a rb.

So listening to 1043 this morning. Cecil and tyler were saying #10 may have to be the spot to get mac. Now that we are hearing about trades, would you trade that far up for him?

Personally i would hate to give my 2nd rounder up as theres a few people i hope we target. So someone like davis, brantley, watkins or mixon (which if we got mac, there would be no need), cant remember but the cb from cu for a few examples.
    MJD also had a better career than Bush IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by FlowdaBroncoFan View Post
    MJD also had a better career than Bush IMO.
    I highly agree. Ucla hasnt had a true rb like him since.
    Glen Haven Fire

Quote Originally Posted by armedequation View Post

As much as I would like McCaffrey as a Bronco, I would not move up that much to get him. I would even be hesitant to move up more then a couple spots in all honesty.

Too many really good players likely to be at #20. McCaffrey going before just lets one more option slip. I have even seen Cook going past #20 on a few mock drafts. He would be another RB that would be a great fit to add some explosiveness to this offense.

As for the the first few rounds. I think the picks are too valuable for the overall team building to be using them to move up. As you mentioned, there are going to be a lot of quality players at #51 also.

Have to be honest my interest in Mixon is fading fast. Really good player that will likely be considered a "steal" by many. But his off-field drama is going to be tough to handle. Expect negative media, protests and strong public criticism for the team that drafts him. Not sure the on field performance is worth the headaches. It may not be fair but that video is just too much for most to accept.

I believe how things go with mixon depends on how he goes about his business. If he comes in and is all business and contributes to the community, i can see things going smoothly. If he has say the personality that dez bryant had, then no it wont be worth the headache.

That being said there are definitely other options in the draft that will be, for lack of a better term, "easier".
    Glen Haven Fire

104.3 The FAN
    @1043TheFan

@Tyler_Polumbus "From someone close to the situation, the four teams most interested in C.McCaffrey are #Eagles, #49ers, #Colts & #Broncos"
    49ers pick 2nd overall, so unless they move back, they're not a threat in the 1st round. The Eagles and Colts both need a RB. They're both a threat, especially if Fournette and Cook are both off the board already when the Colts and/or Eagles pick in the 1st round.
    Denver Broncos
    New York Yankees
    New York Knicks
    Colorado Avalanche

Quote Originally Posted by kingelway7 View Post
    49ers pick 2nd overall, so unless they move back, they're not a threat in the 1st round. The Eagles and Colts both need a RB. They're both a threat, especially if Fournette and Cook are both off the board already when the Colts and/or Eagles pick in the 1st round.
    Right. And it would be far easier for them to move back to ten then us trying to jump that high
    Glen Haven Fire

I doubt there will be 3 RBs going in the top 20. What might happen is McCaffrey supplant Cook as the #2 RB and go in the top 15. Cook has a ball security issue (13 fumbles) and the off-the-field issues that have to be sorted out: robbery (charges dropped), firing and possessing a weapon on school property (charges dropped) and misdemeanor battery (found not guilty). I don't think Elway would be sad if McCaffrey is gone but Cook is available at #20.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

I really feel like he's going to be the pick. I think McCoy will put him in the best positions to be successful and I believe he will be a welcome addition to the success of our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I really feel like he's going to be the pick. I think McCoy will put him in the best positions to be successful and I believe he will be a welcome addition to the success of our team.
    Sometimes when a pick is that perfect of a match teams if they have him evaluated high enough on their boards will take him just to get him before us, its not to common but if you can mess with another teams draft board you take that chance