Page 1 of 29 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 424
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,026

    Brock did NOT get a raw deal

    It's hard to believe so many believe Brock got railroaded by Kubiak today. I know he was playing fairly well. I know his teammates made horrible mistakes. However, the bottom line is we were losing. We were losing to a wretched team who seemed to lose half their players to injury. We desperately needed a spark, and Manning delivered. He delivered the same way Brock did against the Pats and Bengals. If Brock holds a grudge, which many on here believe he would be justified in doing, then that's on him. He should man up and swallow his pride. If that wounded pride causes him to move on next year, fine.

    It's ironic. Many on this board feel Elway and Kubiak railroaded Manning this season by forcing him to run the WCO and not upgrading the O-line sufficiently. There, too, I disagree. Elway and Kubiak want what's best for the team. If that means benching a legend like Manning because of injury and poor play, so be it. If that means benching Oz even though the team around him is failing, so be it. Whatever works. We got the win. We're the top seed. Frankly, I don't care who starts in two weeks. I also don't care if the backup qb has hurt feelings about it.
    Last edited by gerontion; 01-03-2016 at 07:49 PM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Denver, CO
    Posts
    10,548
    He wasn't railroaded by Kubiak. He was railroaded by his teammates.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    386
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It's hard to believe so many believe Brock got railroaded by Kubiak today. I know he was playing fairly well. I know his teammates made horrible mistakes. However, the bottom line is we were losing. We were losing to a wretched team who seemed to lose half their players to injury. We desperately needed a spark, and Manning delivered. He delivered the same way Brock did against the Pats and Bengals. If Brock holds a grudge, which many on here believe he would be justified in doing, then that's on him. He should man up and swallow his pride. If that wounded pride causes him to move on next year, fine.

    It's ironic. Many on this board feel Elway and Kubiak railroaded Manning this season by forcing him to run the WCO and not upgrading the O-line sufficiently. There, too, I disagree. Elway and Kubiak want what's best for the team. If that means benching a legend like Manning because of injury and poor play, so be it. If that means benching Oz even though the team around him is failing, so be it. Whatever works. We got the win. We're the top seed. Frankly, I don't care who starts in two weeks. I also don't care if backup qb has hurt feelings about it.
    Anyone watching the game knows brock didn't get benched because of his play. He should understand that and Kubiak should sit him down and tell him we needed to change the mojo. This has been a crazy season with a crazy final game. Cant believe were #1 seed but it happened. I wish we had less question marks headed into the playoffs
    Most hated Teams - Patriots then Raiders then Chargers

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    134
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It's hard to believe so many believe Brock got railroaded by Kubiak today. I know he was playing fairly well. I know his teammates made horrible mistakes. However, the bottom line is we were losing. We were losing to a wretched team who seemed to lose half their players to injury. We desperately needed a spark, and Manning delivered. He delivered the same way Brock did against the Pats and Bengals. If Brock holds a grudge, which many on here believe he would be justified in doing, then that's on him. He should man up and swallow his pride. If that wounded pride causes him to move on next year, fine.

    It's ironic. Many on this board feel Elway and Kubiak railroaded Manning this season by forcing him to run the WCO and not upgrading the O-line sufficiently. There, too, I disagree. Elway and Kubiak want what's best for the team. If that means benching a legend like Manning because of injury and poor play, so be it. If that means benching Oz even though the team around him is failing, so be it. Whatever works. We got the win. We're the top seed. Frankly, I don't care who starts in two weeks. I also don't care if the backup qb has hurt feelings about it.
    Brock didn't play bad, but he didn't come out sharp. The problem with Brock right now is he has a great ability to "shutdown" in the second half (remember Steelers??). I think everyone could sense that was going to happen again, so the "spark" did help us win and get some excitement going. I hope we just put the pride aside and use both these guys to get the W. We have two good QB's so why not use them both to win.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Brock got raw dogged dirty. We still would have won if he stayed in unless his team mates were purposely throwing shade so Manning could get in there or there were bigger influences involved. Im pretty sure anyone that has watched enough football over the decades could see it was a very very strange decision to switch qbs to say the least. It worked out but left more questions than answers which really is disturbing at least in my eyes.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Oklahoma City, OK
    Posts
    1,038
    If Brock wasn't done dirty then why the heck didn't Schofield stay in when Manning came in?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    7,208
    Quote Originally Posted by Atwnbroncfan View Post
    He wasn't railroaded by Kubiak. He was railroaded by his teammates.
    Manning admitted that in his post game Interview, he said his teammates helped him more than they did brock.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Austin, Tx
    Posts
    682
    Quote Originally Posted by gerontion View Post
    It's hard to believe so many believe Brock got railroaded by Kubiak today. I know he was playing fairly well. I know his teammates made horrible mistakes. However, the bottom line is we were losing. We were losing to a wretched team who seemed to lose half their players to injury. We desperately needed a spark, and Manning delivered. He delivered the same way Brock did against the Pats and Bengals. If Brock holds a grudge, which many on here believe he would be justified in doing, then that's on him. He should man up and swallow his pride. If that wounded pride causes him to move on next year, fine.

    It's ironic. Many on this board feel Elway and Kubiak railroaded Manning this season by forcing him to run the WCO and not upgrading the O-line sufficiently. There, too, I disagree. Elway and Kubiak want what's best for the team. If that means benching a legend like Manning because of injury and poor play, so be it. If that means benching Oz even though the team around him is failing, so be it. Whatever works. We got the win. We're the top seed. Frankly, I don't care who starts in two weeks. I also don't care if the backup qb has hurt feelings about it.
    Agreed. Although, I believe this was going to happen sometime before the season ended. I bet Kubiak wanted to wait to use this card but we had the #1 seed staring at us and we needed to do whatever necessary to grab it. Not sure what the future holds but as of right now we're number # 1 with a bye and home field because of Kubiaks adjustment.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    1,801
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverElway View Post
    Brock didn't play bad, but he didn't come out sharp. The problem with Brock right now is he has a great ability to "shutdown" in the second half (remember Steelers??). I think everyone could sense that was going to happen again, so the "spark" did help us win and get some excitement going. I hope we just put the pride aside and use both these guys to get the W. We have two good QB's so why not use them both to win.
    Not sure how much sharper you can get. Firing rockets in tight windows, escaping pressure to make throws at a wide variety of angles. perfect spirals bouncing off Wrs hands RBS fumbling, getting hit as you throw on a quick release etc etc. I didnt even want Manning benched when it happened lol but it seemed deserved when it finally did happen, to me this was not fair. We won though so at least we get to see our team play at home again which is always a treat either way.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    wy USA
    Posts
    333
    Quote Originally Posted by gaberox View Post
    Brock got raw dogged dirty. We still would have won if he stayed in unless his team mates were purposely throwing shade so Manning could get in there or there were bigger influences involved. Im pretty sure anyone that has watched enough football over the decades could see it was a very very strange decision to switch qbs to say the least. It worked out but left more questions than answers which really is disturbing at least in my eyes.
    Is a great point, just because of how unexpected,bizzare and radical that decision was. Puts a ton of question marks in the air going forward. The way the team played better for Manning around him than for OZ was strange and Shady to say the least. Yes Manning called better protections but that really doesn't explain the whole difference in the entire offenses play, just well the difference in picking up blitz.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,870
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverElway View Post
    Brock didn't play bad, but he didn't come out sharp. The problem with Brock right now is he has a great ability to "shutdown" in the second half (remember Steelers??). I think everyone could sense that was going to happen again, so the "spark" did help us win and get some excitement going. I hope we just put the pride aside and use both these guys to get the W. We have two good QB's so why not use them both to win.
    Please elaborate on that. Because his first pass was a big gain and his second was a 72-yrd TD. Then his 4th pass was a huge gain to ES who.........was stripped. Even the drive with the pass to Fowler that was tipped, he was rolling. Bottom line, Brock started out on fire and players around him made critical errors once they got the ball in their hands.

    Even in the 2nd half, Brock didn't even throw a pass! He ran two run plays and CJ had a 12 yard run b4 he fumbled! How is that Brock not coming out sharp?


    And let's be clear, there wasn't a "mojo" shift. It's not like Manning tore it up through the air either. He was 5-9 for 69 yards in the entire 2nd half. The victory came because they rotated Schofield for Polumbus. And finally called formations that helped out against Ingram. Manning didn't have Ingram breathing down his neck on every drop back.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Lange View Post
    Is a great point, just because of how unexpected,bizzare and radical that decision was. Puts a ton of question marks in the air going forward. The way the team played better for Manning around him than for OZ was strange and Shady to say the least. Yes Manning called better protections but that really doesn't explain the whole difference in the entire offenses play, just well the difference in picking up blitz.
    The decision was neither bizarre nor radical. We were losing a critical game. We have a legend as a backup who is finally reasonably healthy. A spark was needed, and Manning delivered. Nothing shady at all either by Kubiak or the rest of the team. What, you think they hate Osweiler, or something?

  13. #13
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    64
    exactly flosstein, at least someone was watching the same game i was.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    4,853
    Os has class...IMO he'll support whatever decision is made. If you read up on his background and the way he's handled himself as a teammate and leader he will go right into getting ready for the divisional game whether he is the backup or the starter...

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,026
    Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Please elaborate on that. Because his first pass was a big gain and his second was a 72-yrd TD. Then his 4th pass was a huge gain to ES who.........was stripped. Even the drive with the pass to Fowler that was tipped, he was rolling. Bottom line, Brock started out on fire and players around him made critical errors once they got the ball in their hands.

    Even in the 2nd half, Brock didn't even throw a pass! He ran two run plays and CJ had a 12 yard run b4 he fumbled! How is that Brock not coming out sharp?


    And let's be clear, there wasn't a "mojo" shift. It's not like Manning tore it up through the air either. He was 5-9 for 69 yards in the entire 2nd half. The victory came because they rotated Schofield for Polumbus. And finally called formations that helped out against Ingram. Manning didn't have Ingram breathing down his neck on every drop back.
    Mojo is a funny thing. Maybe having one of the all time greats come off the bench was a real confidence booster for the guys.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •