Page 4 of 29 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Not sure what all the complaints are about. Broncos won and are the #1 seed.

The decision to install Manning was risky. But I will give credit where credit is due. The Broncos needed the spark that Manning provided.

It was the intangibles that Manning added. The roar of the crowd, the enthusiasm of the players and most importantly the run game showing up. The five turnovers were not on Osweiler but the fact remains they had sucked the life out of the stadium and team. Manning brought that back.

All that being said, I still think it is not sustainable. Kubiak has a tough choice. Because IMO Manning had his moment to take away the bad taste of the KC game but is still not the better QB this year despite the energy he provided today.

I am going to celebrate the win.

Quote Originally Posted by govolsman View Post
    This is what I keep asking myself as well. As a coach or gm, could I live with myself if I fail to win a SB with this team with manning sitting on the bench? Probably not. With Brock? Yeah.

Manning still gives the Broncos the best shot of winning,
    Well, here is one way to look at it. This offense is dead set on turning the ball over, whether it be from Manning or the rest of our skill players. One or the other will turn it over. I guess it really doesn't matter who is the culprit.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoSynapses View Post
    It's this flip flopping that will kill us. We can't continue to do that. Manning is our guy. And given the post season history, I'm concerned. Even more concerning is how our team played before and after Manning. Manning didn't do a whole lot IMO, but all the sudden our team became alert and decided to focus. To me, that says our offensive players are not very mentally strong.
    I agree if we were searching for a spark to get inspired that is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

The decision to install Manning was risky. But I will give credit where credit is due. The Broncos needed the spark that Manning provided.

It was the intangibles that Manning added. The roar of the crowd, the enthusiasm of the players and most importantly the run game showing up. The five turnovers were not on Osweiler but the fact remains they had sucked the life out of the stadium and team. Manning brought that back.

All that being said, I still think it is not sustainable. Kubiak has a tough choice. Because IMO Manning had his moment to take away the bad taste of the KC game but is still not the better QB this year despite the energy he provided today.

Well, if we win the Superbowl, this is a sagacious quote. If we go one and done, based on this quote, you will understand why there is so much concern.

Please....oh please football gods, let this be the former.

Quote Originally Posted by dslam24 View Post
    I wish people would quit repeating what that that blowhard announcer said. It doesnt even make sense. It hit the receiver in the hands. Catch the ball.

If he throws to soft or slower it gives the defenders a better shot at an INT.

I understand having touch on the ball when you throw goal line fades or lob the ball between the LB and the secondary but going across the middle not so much.
    You have to have better touch in those 5-yard passes...
    He led the WR too much (to have that velocity in it). Guy was wide open. You need to have better touch to lead him that much. Sure, ultimately WR had to catch the ball... But there's also no need to put that much zip into it.

Most PM critics don't excuse an INT if a WR tipped a ball or an OT missed a block. We have to treat both equally...

Again. This was not on BO. He got yanked bc Kubiak had more trust in PM closing the game. Not necessarily saying sticking with BO would've been the wrong call... But we know it was right to go to PM.

Brock put up 7 pts in a half and I would give 80% credit to those points to DT run after the catch. Blame everybody on the offense you want but the bottom line when Brock ran the team we scored 7
    Manning 20.
    It's not about being fair it's about winning. As a Broncos fan I don't understand why any Broncos fan would get that Brock got a raw deal because he struggled and our coach turned to a 18 year, 5 time MVP Qb to try and get our offense a spark.
    I like Brock but we won because of Manning today, he ran the offense better, yards don't matter pts do.
    Last edited by 58Miller; 01-03-2016 at 10:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    That's Bos taurus turds. That "spark" came because of the changes they finally made to provide support for the OL. You telling me that CJ and ES's fumbles were because of "lack of leadership"? Come on....
    I think the lack of leadership came in after those plays and how it was being dealt with in the huddle and on the sidelines. I also think it was a lack of ability to read defenses and adjust things at the LoS. One thing I have been thinking about is how bad Schofield looked and how much of that was an inability of the QB to adjust protections and change plays to fit what he sees. Yes, the Oline had issues and Schofield is the main target here...but how much of that can be put on the QB?

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

Quote Originally Posted by FR Tim View Post

Also don't forget the o line change. Manning didnt block on those runs and he only threw it 9 times. Not like he was untouchable out there. To me it was the change at Oline that helped out and the fact that they slide a TE to help the right side out. Not like Mannings mobility scares teams.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    I think the lack of leadership came in after those plays and how it was being dealt with in the huddle and on the sidelines. I also think it was a lack of ability to read defenses and adjust things at the LoS. One thing I have been thinking about is how bad Schofield looked and how much of that was an inability of the QB to adjust protections and change plays to fit what he sees. Yes, the Oline had issues and Schofield is the main target here...but how much of that can be put on the QB?
    I agree to a point, but as the Head Coach if your RT is getting beat all the time you either slide protection or get him out of their. They only adjusted it after they pulled Brock.

Found it funny that Manning was audibling to power runs instead of zone runs. Even saw Evan Mathis come in and pull on one of the runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosfan#307 View Post
    Manning had 69 yards. Glad we won but....come on 69 yards? Im not buying into that. Are you all?
    what's to buy? I don't need "star wars" stats. didn't some complain in the past that he passed too much? if leaning on the run game gets us the "W", then so be it.

Who took the hardest sack in the game, and who had to pick the turf out of his face because of it? It's not like Peyton wasn't under any pressure whatsoever. The Broncos were going nowhere today, yet they had a golden opportunity staring them right in the face. Kubiak, Elway, or whoever made the call to shake things up by bringing Manning in made the RIGHT call. If Brock is butt hurt, oh well. If he's not, he'll probably be back next year as the starter. Honestly, I think he gets it and I DON'T think he's a crybaby about what happened. He wasn't benched for poor play. The other guys on that field needed to see that the COACHES were going to go "kicking and screaming", and they saw it.

Live or die in the playoffs with Manning if he's healthy enough. Afterall, that's why he's being paid the big bucks. If the Broncos win the Super Bowl, he's done. If the Broncos lose in the playoffs, he's done here. I just don't understand what there is to lose here. The Broncos wouldn't have the talent they have without Manning, and that is just a fact. This whole situation has a lot of moving parts to it.

I think Kubiak put PFM in there because the team was playing with their heads up their butts. It was like slapping someone in the face when they are losing it. It certainly did get their attention. I know they swapped out RT's. That turned out to be a good decision and it certainly helped the team. But Kubiak went with his gut and it worked. I was very surprised when he did it, but it worked.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

If Manning remains the starter, expect our playoff opponent to crowd the box and dare Manning to throw. If he is at least 90% healthy, I hope he can take advantage of it and make them pay. God I hope he makes them regret it!

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I think Kubiak put PFM in there because the team was playing with their heads up their butts. It was like slapping someone in the face when they are losing it. It certainly did get their attention. I know they swapped out RT's. That turned out to be a good decision and it certainly helped the team. But Kubiak went with his gut and it worked. I was very surprised when he did it, but it worked.
    It took guts, that's for sure. I was dead set against it when they showed Manning warming up and Osweiler with his cap on. I had visions of an interception on his first pass.