Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchAngel View Post
    It took guts, that's for sure. I was dead set against it when they showed Manning warming up and Osweiler with his cap on. I had visions of an interception on his first pass.
    I was cringing like a grandma crossing a 10 lane freeway on every snap.
    ~In Partibus Infidelium~

One thing is certain, it gives us a ton of confidence going into the playoffs.
    My adopted Bronco is Floyd "The Franchise" Little

My behind clenches everytime he lets loose a pass. He had zip today, not sure if fluke or if he's actually healthier.

Most likely his foot was bad all season and effected his throwing. Obviously it got much worse after the tear in Indy, but I think he had more zip because he could step, his foot work looked pretty good!

What ever the reason Kubes had to pull OZ and play Manning it worked. Now can he do the same again if Manning starts pressing or chokes in the next game?
    Im just glad OZ got the starts and the experience before being thrown in if needed.
    Its just too bad that offense wasnt playing for OZ the way they did for Manning. I thought OZ was playing lights out... The dude has had the worst line in front of him, but has won us huge games. Cant wait for OZ to take the lead next season.

Quote Originally Posted by trc1962 View Post
    Most likely his foot was bad all season and effected his throwing. Obviously it got much worse after the tear in Indy, but I think he had more zip because he could step, his foot work looked pretty good!

Most impressive was that failed third down conversion... He stood in the pocket, stepped up in the pocket,
    stayed calm under duress, and then refused to force a throw trying to make something happen.

I disagree, they said they wouldn't give Schofield help to protect Brock, but then give Manning help. There is something going on here. JMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncosinindy View Post
    I disagree, they said they wouldn't give Schofield help to protect Brock, but then give Manning help. There is something going on here. JMO.
    They didn't give Schofield help...they replaced him with Polumbus.

CP bet with NVthosebroncos that Forrest Lamp will be a solid day 1 starter, barring injury

I was not thrilled when Osweiler was pulled either. He had played well but the team still had five turnovers and was looking flat with no emotion.

The decision worked. Manning was able to give the Broncos the surge of emotion. The stadium was suddenly energized and the team stopped making stupid mistakes. IMO Manning did not do a whole hell of a lot other then lift the energy of the team. Osweiler was not doing that.

Not sure who they should go with in the playoffs. The better QB is Osweiler. The one with the intangibles is Manning.

Tough , tough decision for Kubiak because I am not sure the Manning "spark" is something to count on for an entire game when the defense has prepared for him. We have seen multiple examples of how that turns out in big games.

I also think the concept of "Osweiler got a raw deal" is overblown. He is a big boy and a professional. The NFL is not fair. I doubt he will hold a grudge or pout. He will be at practice tomorrow ready to fight for his job. Whether it is as starter or backup.

He needed to be replaced, dude could be one of the worst broncos lineman ever. I'm having a hard time remembering one worse

Don't forget that the more Osweiler plays the more he can command a larger contract. That might have played a part in the quick yanking.

what bothered me the most is one int might have been brocks fault for not escaping pressure or reading blitz...or the fumble...think it was the fumble. But the other int hit his reciever in the hands and he was on fire in the first half.

Sure some weird stuff happened and we couldnt stop turning the ball over but that was other players fault and it was obvious. If they decided at halftime to go with manning then fine, but you have brock hand the ball off twice on their first possession not even attempting a pass, and the run play went for over 10 yards and then you pull him? What was it about those two plays that made kubiak change his mind about brock? this whole game just felt strange to me.

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Os has class...IMO he'll support whatever decision is made. If you read up on his background and the way he's handled himself as a teammate and leader he will go right into getting ready for the divisional game whether he is the backup or the starter...

Looks like Peyton has rubbed off on Brock in regards to class.With an improved O line(Looking at you Schofield)next year Brock will be fine with us as he continues to learn reading defences and gets more experience.

"Man, I heard the crowd go wild. I turned around, and that's when I saw Peyton running on the field," said Broncos defensive tackle Antonio Smith, who watched Manning complete five-of-nine passes for 69 yards and lead four scoring drives."

"That energy was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. That's real. People don't like to talk about stuff like that, because they ain't no way to gauge it, ain't no way to prove it to be true. But it is what it is. You could just feel the energy change, the shift. And the rest was history."

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    "Man, I heard the crowd go wild. I turned around, and that's when I saw Peyton running on the field," said Broncos defensive tackle Antonio Smith, who watched Manning complete five-of-nine passes for 69 yards and lead four scoring drives."

"That energy was exactly what we needed, exactly when we needed it. That's real. People don't like to talk about stuff like that, because they ain't no way to gauge it, ain't no way to prove it to be true. But it is what it is. You could just feel the energy change, the shift. And the rest was history."
    That energy lift by Manning at that time is why I have little issue with bringing him in.

But IMO it is not sustainable. That will matter very little in the next game.