Page 1 of 196 1 2 3 11 51 101 ... LastLast

Official Game Day Thread: Postseason: 2016 Division Round: Steelers vs Broncos

Well folks here it, that time of year win or go home.

We are off the bye and hopefully ready to punch out ticket to the AFC championship game where we would host the Pats. In order to to do that we need to take care of business tomorrow.

As the Ravens and Colts can tell you from post season experience, we sometimes fall short of that at home. We have had a very uneven system, We've had issues at QB, the offensive line protection, the run game, defensive penalties, and inconsistent special teams. I don't care about the history of ones and done. I don't care about the TDs and Ints up to now, all I care about is beating the Steelers. We should be healthier than last time with Stewart and Ward playing in the secondary, let's hope it means a different result.

I'm not sure what to expect tomorrow. I know the D will show up, but I don't think we can ask more out of them then they have given. If we struggle offensive this could be another one and done. They played Pitt a few weeks ago and know what Ben is capable of. Brown is out, but Bryant, Wheaton and Bey are good options, plus their RD can catch and Heath Miller can show up at times. The Steelers defense has played better as the season went out. They shut us out in the second half last time. Ben torched us finishing with 40 completions in 55 attempts for 380 yards and three touchdowns. 16 of those passes went to Antonio Brown.

Ben is inured, but not as bad as thought. He has thrown several times this week indoors and Tomlin knows what he is capable of. He may not get it 50 yards down filed, but he will do better than that last drive if Cincy. There is a decent chance they will activate Michael Vick from what I have heard.

Some stats: Manning is 3-1 vs Big Ben. His loss came in Indy in the playoffs the year the Bus retired and Pitt won it all.

SERIES RECORD: Broncos lead, 14-8-1 (Broncos lead, 4-3 in the postseason).

Roethlisberger is 11-5 all-time in the playoffs, out of that he is 6-2 on the road. His only real real loss was to the Tim Tebow Broncos. He also lost to the Packers in the SB which was a neutral site.

In the last 10 year Tebow beat the Steelers in the post season. Plummer lost to them. After the Plummer lost the Broncos tried to restrict ticket sales to the fans within the proper zip codes. I don't know how many 'fans' sold their tickets this year,but hopefully the faithful orange can drown out the terrible towels. If you are one of the lucky one to go, send out a cheers for all of us who can't.

I am not sure how Manning will play. I don't think the poor play was all injury. He did okay vs San Diego, the team needed something after 5 turn over. He went 5 for 9. He was 4 for 5 on passes under 15 yard or less. 1 for 4 on passes over 15 yards. He still showed the ability to read and audible against the D. He will need to with our O-line issues. This Steeler's D will be more formidable than the patchwork the Chargers threw out there and almost won with. I wouldn't expect to see the run game to do as well for the same reason.

Steelers have taken over the Raiders motto, just win baby. Even if you need to hit the RB with the crown of your helmet, pull on someones hair on the sideline, or let Joey (Jerry) Porter on the field for no reason. They had some questionable plays vs us as well, but we can't focus on revenge. We just need to do our job.

I want the win, I don't care if Manning or Osweiler gets it for us. I don't care it if comes on a FG or defensive TD. I want the win for Broncos Nation. I'm not ready to call it a season. I want Manning vs Brady XVII. Mike Tomlin will make adjustments and do whatever he has to win. We need Kubes and staff willing to do he same. Be aggressive Kubes, but be smart. If Manning can't do the longball, don't call it. Play to the Qbs strength which ever QB starts the game and regardless of which one finishes it. I don't care if we have to play with an all jumbo set, or keep a TE in to help Schofield. Do all you can to help the team win.

As past years have brutally shone us, things go wrong. FG's are missed, Balls are interecepted and the refs will make bad calls against you or non calls when they should have made one. All we can do is try our best. With that in mind, All the MODS would ask that now more than ever you try to keep what you post within the confines of the COC. Support the team, regardless of who we have out there. http://forums.denverbroncos.com/show...ode-of-Conduct

If this is the last Bronco game day thread of the season, then thank you all who have posted, but lets hope we get two more As always me and the family will be watching wearing full gear with are chant of, "Go Broncos!"
    Last edited by Elway; 01-16-2016 at 08:27 PM.
    The Game Day Thread: Year 12 Now Playing

GO BRONCOS !!!

STOMP THE stealerz !!!

GO "D" --- SACK big ben !!!

Broncos 42
    stealerz 13

GO BRONCOS !!!

May God Bless All The Men And Women Of Our Armed Forces, Past and Present
    The Only Thing Necessary For The Triumph Of Evil Is For Good Men To Do Nothing.
    http://www.navyjack.info/history.html

My Adopted Bronco is #95 Derek Wolfe.

Let's go Denver Broncos!!! We got this!!!

Denver Broncos rule I can not wait till Kick Off !! Gooooooooooooo. DENVER BRONCOS

Why am I so nervous for the Broncos in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by BroncsFanInPa View Post
    Why am I so nervous for the Broncos in this game...
    Because it's the playoffs and they're playing a good team. But I believe in the character of this team. Sure, they've faltered at times this season, but more often than not they've come through in tough situations time and time again. I'm stoked personally. This should be a great game. Home field advantage, 70,000 fans on the teams side.

The team seems focused. This defense wants to be remembered. You do that by winning the SB. DT gets to show his mother what he can do for the first time in person. Peyton has an opportunity (possibly his last) to do something no QB has ever done before. There are quite a few guys who were here for our horrible showing in the SB a few years ago. Those guys should be determined to not have that happen again. Or what happened last year against the Colts. If none of this is enough motivation, then nothing will ever be.

Go Broncos!!! Win this one for Cindy...our thoughts are with you and your family. Keep fighting Cindy!

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/The-Squeeze-Peyton-Manning-makes-dying-fans-day/38cc8a57-2356-449b-9e1d-f82f190bd3f8
    Last edited by Fantaztic7; 01-16-2016 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Entered before finished

Quote Originally Posted by osfantaztic View Post
    Go Broncos!!! Win this one for Cindy...our thoughts are with you and your family. Keep fighting Cindy!

http://m.denverbroncos.com/news-and-...d-f82f190bd3f8
    Awesome!!! I love it!

Go Broncos - United in Orange!

Go Broncos!!!! Go. Team. Go.

Can't wait!!!

GO BRONCOS!!!

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Go broncos!
    I adopt Peanut, mod of the stars
    I adopt Brakshow, you mess with him, you answer to me
    I adopt PAINTERDAVE, my conservative elephant
    "Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to become angry." -James 1
    God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
    Adopted by the Greats: Peanut12and4, Freyaka, McSmashie Thanks Guys

Let's hope for:
    1. No major injuries
    2. No turnovers
    3. Total Broncos domination

Beat the Steelers. GO BRONCOS!!!!!

Total Thermo'nukular' destruction of Pits O Line is what I want to see !

On the way home from the Stock Show my wife and I saw the Steelers motorcade on I-70. Quite an awesome experience, even if it was the opposing team.

Adopted Posters - Broncoholic MS, thatkidhunt, Al Wilson 4 Mayor, Thors Hammer, McSmashie, CanDB, Peanut, BroncoManiac_69, MightyHorse, CHARGER$, Chillez, EddieMac
    Married Megan Joy on August 18th, 2013
    Proud Daddy of Jeremiah James born February 24, 2011

Adopt-A-Bronco 2013 - Champ Bailey
    Yankees, Rockies, Nuggets, Avalanche, CU Buffs
    I still miss you Jake Plummer!

Here we go boys! Go Orange and blue!