• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Freyaka
    Football Immortal
    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
    I'm about chapter 21 I believe. They are snooping around what I'm assuming is an airship, though they assume it's a boat.
    Was an airship lol. I'm pretty sure the "Lord Ruler" of the south is none other than Kelsier. Though it could just as easily be Spook. (though Spook was never a god)
    sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
      The MOD Who Laughs
      • Apr 2011

Was an airship lol. I'm pretty sure the "Lord Ruler" of the south is none other than Kelsier. Though it could just as easily be Spook. (though Spook was never a god)
      I want a story of the south lol

Adopted Broncos:
      (2011-2013) Eric Decker
      (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
      (2019-Current) Drew Lock
      Adopted posters:
      Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by #87Birdman View Post
        I want a story of the south lol
        I'm at the temple right now (with wax presumably bleeding out) I really like the southerner dude. He's a very interesting character.
        sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
          The MOD Who Laughs
          • Apr 2011

I'm at the temple right now (with wax presumably bleeding out) I really like the southerner dude. He's a very interesting character.
          Yeah that is the spot where I decoded I want going to bed and stayed up till 2 to finish it lol.

But I wait til you're done before commenting since some of the comments will involve other stories.

Adopted Broncos:
          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
          Adopted posters:
          Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
            Football Immortal
            • Jan 2007

Grr...That book wasn't long enough. Even though it's just you and I, guess I should spoiler tag this [spoilers]That final word though! Looks like my guess was correct about the spiked man! I really like the way Sanderson wrote Sterris in this book. She really grew on me quickly.

Wayne...Wayne is by a large margin my favorite character that Sanderson has ever written with Kaladin being the next closest. He had some great growth as a character in this book and it's obvious he's the smartest of the group in his own way. I absolutely loved the way he handled Wax's "Death"
            [/spoilers] Man I hate waiting on new Sanderson books, especially since the next one in this series will likely be around 2018 or so.
            sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
              The MOD Who Laughs
              • Apr 2011

Grr...That book wasn't long enough. Even though it's just you and I, guess I should spoiler tag this [spoilers]That final word though! Looks like my guess was correct about the spiked man! I really like the way Sanderson wrote Sterris in this book. She really grew on me quickly.

Wayne...Wayne is by a large margin my favorite character that Sanderson has ever written with Kaladin being the next closest. He had some great growth as a character in this book and it's obvious he's the smartest of the group in his own way. I absolutely loved the way he handled Wax's "Death"
              [/spoilers] Man I hate waiting on new Sanderson books, especially since the next one in this series will likely be around 2018 or so.

Spoilers

Yeah the character development of those characters were great. I was going to mess with you and list a bunch of obvious non spoiler things that you would knew wouldn't be true and top it off with Wayne even uses a shotgun to blast someone in the face lol.

I enjoyed how the south was shown as almost a completely different race as they lived in a different environment. During the Lord Ruler times they lived in the high heat with no ash mounts to protect them and when he put the world back where it belonged it made it colder down there. So the world building was great to read and see how he thought it out.

And see how the two sides went about it differently. The north had the metal born while the south lacked them so they used technology to achieve it.

Cosmere spoilers

Plus I think the hunter's from the south is that female from the ghost bloods in the Stormlight archive. Because I believe there is word of Brandon that she isn't a parshman. Might have to go reread those to remember names lol.

Adopted Broncos:
              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
              Adopted posters:
              Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                The MOD Who Laughs
                • Apr 2011

Just finished sixth of the dusk and enjoyed the little world that is there and I wonder who is leading the ones above.

Cosmere spoilers

I believe it is Scandrial as Brandon has said his third Era mistborn books would be the space odyssey ones. Now they will be the fourth Era as wax and Wayne got their own trilogy. So I wonder if we will have two factions facing off and what of the rules.

Plus from this book I wonder how the powers would effect people who were infected with the parasites. Or what other talents are given out as the only one I remember seeing was the death one.

Adopted Broncos:
                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                Adopted posters:
                Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

I was debating that but I think I will probably hold off and see if I can find elantris 1.5
                  Is that the 10th anniversary edition? If so I'm reading that now.
                  sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                    The MOD Who Laughs
                    • Apr 2011

Is that the 10th anniversary edition? If so I'm reading that now.
                    I found it on his site just glance at the first paragraph and it looks like it takes place after the book.

And just noticed the 10th anniversary edition updated on my nook so I could read that.

Adopted Broncos:
                    (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                    (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                    (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                    Adopted posters:
                    Everyone

Comment

• Freyaka
                      Football Immortal
                      • Jan 2007

I found it on his site just glance at the first paragraph and it looks like it takes place after the book.

And just noticed the 10th anniversary edition updated on my nook so I could read that.
                      It has like an extra 10,000 words so it's a new version. I hadn't heard of a book after elantris though
                      sigpic

Comment

• Freyaka
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

There is the short story he wrote after elantris.
                        sigpic

Comment

• #87Birdman
                          The MOD Who Laughs
                          • Apr 2011

It has like an extra 10,000 words so it's a new version. I hadn't heard of a book after elantris though
                          Yeah I think I remember reading most of it was the time frame things happened and measurements since I think they were off in the original copy. I will see if I can find what he said he changed.

Adopted Broncos:
                          (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                          (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                          (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                          Adopted posters:
                          Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                            The MOD Who Laughs
                            • Apr 2011

Working my way through steel heart which just saw a part on Facebook that the e book looks to be on sale for a week maybe at 1.99

Calamity the final book comes out next week and the first book works well as a stand alone novel but it isn't part of the cosmere and is one of his young adult novels involving humans with super powers. It is a trilogy with one short story in there also that isn't huge to the story just add a little depth.

Adopted Broncos:
                            (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                            (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                            (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                            Adopted posters:
                            Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                              The MOD Who Laughs
                              • Apr 2011

Finished the first 3 now on to calamity which I've already got 10 chapters into after finishing firefight last night. Seems interesting and looking forward to how he wraps up another series.

Adopted Broncos:
                              (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                              (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                              (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                              Adopted posters:
                              Everyone

Comment

• #87Birdman
                                The MOD Who Laughs
                                • Apr 2011

Just finish calamity and kind of feel let down with the ending which is weird for a sanderson book. The book up to that point was great but I feel the end was rushed and not as well polished as most his books.

But this series is also one I can see made into a movie quadilogy since movies can never stick to the trilogy lol.

Now time to figure out what to read now. Bronco gear and games are sticking my book fund dry so might just finish the series I started our go reread some other sanderson books.

Adopted Broncos:
                                (2011-2013) Eric Decker
                                (2014-2018) Bradley Roby
                                (2019-Current) Drew Lock
                                Adopted posters:
                                Everyone

Comment

Working...
                                X